🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

To me it's one of the least important.

Of FAR greater import is climate change, then US-led wars of aggression, then planetary defense (asteroids and other impacters.)
0ad.png

Of FAR greater import is climate change, then US-led wars of aggression, then planetary defense (asteroids and other impacters.)

climate change and the attack of the asteroids----------------Wow, what an idiot.

how about the radical islamic wars of agression? no problem?
how about 18 trillion in debt?

Debt's too much to ever pay off and will result in catastrophic collapse eventually. So why worry about it? :) Can't do anything about it. Can do things about other things though ensuring the world continues if not johnny come lately countries.

It's called triage, save who you can, don't waste time and resources on those you can't. US is beyond saving.

actually we can do something about the debt, like paying down the principal rather than only paying interest.

as to climate change, the earth's climate has been changing for hundreds of millions of years, it will be changing hundreds of millions of years from now. Man has never had anything to do with it, and never will.

In all, there's $1.36 trillion dollars in total circulation. Debt's over 18 trillion. Could seize every dollar in private hands and not even make a dent in the debt.

What is the annual revenue of the US government? Dollars in circulation means nothing, Government revenue vs expenses is why we continue to roll up more debt. We could pay it off.

What's your plan? just let it continue to grow and then declare national bandruptcy?

My concerns are global and species-wide. My concerns don't end at borders. I regard the planet as a whole unit, not broken up into countries, screw countries. Same with people, we're one people not lots of different peoples. Thus what I choose to care about and focus my energies on effects everyone or everything, not merely a tiny inconsequential fraction of the whole like the USA. If it comes down to saving the Asian continent of the USA, my only question is how many live on the entire Asian continent vs the US. If more in Asia, that's who I care more about.

We are polluting the planet, if you want a cause, take on pollution of air and water.

But pollution does not cause the climate to change. There is absolutely no proof that the acts of human beings have affected the climate of earth. none, zero, nada, zilch.

We do also have an over population problem, earth can only support a finite number of humans. Again, if you want a cause, take on that one.

Focusing on unproven AGW is a waste of your time and efforts.

Forums > US Discussion > Politics >

1. Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

Yes it is.

According to Jonathan Gruber, Americans are stupid. So by concentrating on the gay issue they will forget the really important issue: "Operation Jade Helm"

According to Jonathan Gruber, Americans are stupid. So by concentrating on the gay issue they will forget the really important issue: "Operation Jade Helm"

Come on people. We have some real problems in this country

18 trillion in debt
half the country on some form of govt handout
deficit spending every year
no confidence in congress or the president
the mid east burning
radical islam killing thousands because or religion
more americans in poverty than ever before
hundreds of trillions in unfunded liabilities
racial violence in our cities

and we spend hours arguing about gay marriage???? WTF is wrong with us? And yes, I am guilty of it too.

I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

We have much more important issues to deal with than whether two gays or lesbians can call their union a marriage.
Is assuring equal treatment under law for every American citizen not a priority? I know that to Conservatives this issue is a non starter. Conservative would be content if, at the least, homosexuals remained closeted and demur. At the most, some Conservatives would bring back sodomy laws and make homosexuality itself a criminal offense. Conservative concern for civil liberties is always low.

But without equal justice, none of us are free.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

and we spend hours arguing about gay marriage???? WTF is wrong with us? And yes, I am guilty of it too.

I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

We have much more important issues to deal with than whether two gays or lesbians can call their union a marriage.
Is assuring equal treatment under law for every American citizen not a priority? I know that to Conservatives this issue is a non starter. Conservative would be content if, at the least, homosexuals remained closeted and demur. At the most, some Conservatives would bring back sodomy laws and make homosexuality itself a criminal offense. Conservative concern for civil liberties is always low.

not a word of your post is true. Gays have every constitutional right that non-gay people have. Marriage is not a constitutional right.

But the thread asks if this is the most important issue facing our nation. are you saying you think it is?

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

not a word of your post is true. Gays have every constitutional right that non-gay people have. Marriage is not a constitutional right.

But the thread asks if this is the most important issue facing our nation. are you saying you think it is?

Everyone keep in mind that actual court rulings disagree with ChickenFish's opinion.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

You keep saying it is not a right and are continually proven wrong

Yet you repeat the lie

b
Conservatives don't seem to mind when corporate citizens get married to different corporate citizens. It's called mergers. Why aren't the patriots all over these kinky corporate marriages?

You really are stupid, you know that?

But, you're a dimocrap so it's not completely your fault.... Well, yes it is. You could choose NOT to be a dimocrap and get an education.

I was going to pose a question to you in the form of, "If not 'persons' then what should Corporations be?"

But I thought about it and knew you wouldn't even get off the ground trying to answer it.

Laws apply to persons. Not to things. Embrace that concept.......

You can't Sue a tree. You can Sue the owner of the Tree because the owner is a 'person'

You can't sue a Car that just hit you and crippled you, but you can sue the owner of the Car, which is often a Corporation, because the owner is a 'person'

You can't sue a piece of paper, laws don't apply to "THINGS" laws apply to 'persons' and a Corporation is a person

dimocraps are just simply stupid.

It breaks my heart that people this stupid still exist

So how were laws applied before corporations had citizenship status? There was implied corporate person hood for executing contracts etc. Then the corporate controlled supreme court gave them citizenship and free speech rights in order to use unlimited amounts of money to influence politics. There used to didn't be mergers. A corporation was one entity only that had to serve the common good, since the founders and patriots didn't much trust corporations. Pretty good link below about some corporate history. Read it and weep.

Got go. Got just received some newly uncovered Chairman Mao quotes I need to read..

Corporations Personhood and the Common Good Capital Commentary

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

Gay folks can be fired for merely being who they are. They can be denied credit, hospital visitations, adoptions. While these are not enumerated in the constitution, they are still valuable civil rights still being denied in this nation on this day.

climate change and the attack of the asteroids----------------Wow, what an idiot.

Debt's too much to ever pay off and will result in catastrophic collapse eventually. So why worry about it? :) Can't do anything about it. Can do things about other things though ensuring the world continues if not johnny come lately countries.

It's called triage, save who you can, don't waste time and resources on those you can't. US is beyond saving.

actually we can do something about the debt, like paying down the principal rather than only paying interest.

as to climate change, the earth's climate has been changing for hundreds of millions of years, it will be changing hundreds of millions of years from now. Man has never had anything to do with it, and never will.

And there is no evidence that debt is harming us- while there is evidence that climate change very likely will.

My concerns are global and species-wide. My concerns don't end at borders. I regard the planet as a whole unit, not broken up into countries, screw countries. Same with people, we're one people not lots of different peoples. Thus what I choose to care about and focus my energies on effects everyone or everything, not merely a tiny inconsequential fraction of the whole like the USA. If it comes down to saving the Asian continent of the USA, my only question is how many live on the entire Asian continent vs the US. If more in Asia, that's who I care more about.

Pretending that there is no evidence is just sticking your head in the sand.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

Yep- you sure are showing how you will not be posting about gay issues anymore.......

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

Yet you repeat the lie

the word marriage appears no where in the constitution, declaration of independence, or the bill of rights.

"pursuit of happiness" is a generic term. "pursuit" is guaranteed, not happiness.

Marriage licenses are issued by the states, the states should decide who they may be issued to.

There is evidence of pollution, yes

there is no evidence that pollution is causing climate change.

However, there is hard evidence that sun spots and ocean current changes cause temporary climate changes.

All of the so-called evidence of man made climate change has been debunked many times.

Face it, the prophet algore lied to you.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

Yet you repeat the lie

the word marriage appears no where in the constitution, declaration of independence, or the bill of rights.

"pursuit of happiness" is a generic term. "pursuit" is guaranteed, not happiness.

Marriage licenses are issued by the states, the states should decide who they may be issued to.

The Supreme Court has said otherwise three times- more precisely the Supreme Court has said three times that States do decide- they just can't restrict marriage in violation of the Constitution.

However, there is hard evidence that sun spots and ocean current changes cause temporary climate changes.

All of the so-called evidence of man made climate change has been debunked many times.

Face it- you are just sticking your head in the sand.

And there is no evidence that debt is harming us- while there is evidence that climate change very likely will.

ATTENTION EVERYONE. WE HAVE A WINNER IN THE DUMBASS POST OF THE DAY CONTEST. THIS FOOL THINKS THAT 18 TRILLION IN DEBT IS NOT A PROBLEM BUT THE FAKE SCIENCE OF AGW IS.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

Yep- you sure are showing how you will not be posting about gay issues anymore.......

As usual you totally miss the point.

so let me see if I can put it in words you can understand

do you think gay marriage is the biggest issue facing the USA today? yes or no

Face it- you are just sticking your head in the sand.

tell that to the people in the northeast who froze their asses off in record snow last winter.

you are the one with his head in the sand-----------or maybe its up your ass.

Forum List

Back