🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

Come on people. We have some real problems in this country

18 trillion in debt
half the country on some form of govt handout
deficit spending every year
no confidence in congress or the president
the mid east burning
radical islam killing thousands because or religion
more americans in poverty than ever before
hundreds of trillions in unfunded liabilities
racial violence in our cities

and we spend hours arguing about gay marriage???? WTF is wrong with us? And yes, I am guilty of it too.

I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

We have much more important issues to deal with than whether two gays or lesbians can call their union a marriage.
In the grand scheme of things, this issue should be at the bottom of the totem pole. What is happening to Mother Earth is far more important than this.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

I think a ruling by the court that opens the door to same sex sibling marriage is pretty important.

It has nothing to do with the case that the USSC is hearing. None of the legal questions being answered are about sibling marriage. Nor is anyone in the Obergefell case related.

You're obsession with incest doesn't amount to relevance.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

and we spend hours arguing about gay marriage???? WTF is wrong with us? And yes, I am guilty of it too.

I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

We have much more important issues to deal with than whether two gays or lesbians can call their union a marriage.
Defending your first amendment right is damn important. I would think even a libertarian would see this

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

In the grand scheme of things, this issue should be at the bottom of the totem pole. What is happening to Mother Earth is far more important than this.

I think a ruling by the court that opens the door to same sex sibling marriage is pretty important.

It has nothing to do with the case that the USSC is hearing. None of the legal questions being answered are about sibling marriage. Nor is anyone in the Obergefell case related.

I think your in the wrong thread to be deflecting.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

Same sex sibling marriage utilizes the exact same arguments presented in the SSM case.

Now tell me it can't become law.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

I think you're avoiding the topic of same sex marriage like it were on fire. As your argument opposing same sex marriage doesn't work. And you know it.

Which is why you're bizarrely trying to change the topic to incest.

I'll stick with same sex marriage, thanks.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

I think you're avoiding the topic of same sex marriage like it were on fire. As your argument opposing same sex marriage doesn't work. And you know it.

Why don't you go marry your brother you sick fuck.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

Same sex sibling marriage utilizes the exact same arguments presented in the SSM case.

Again with your obsession with incest. If you want to wax eloquent on all your thoughts on sibling sex......feel free to start a thread on the topic. This one is about same sex marriage.

Who says I have a brother, oh-ignorant one?

Who says I have a brother, oh-ignorant one?
That's what you ultimately want. You want sick unnatural relations.

Again the federal tyrannical courts is about to strip more state rights away and for what? So progressives have a spring board to attack churches and force them to perform these sinful ceremonies

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

Again....you work with your legal teams to make that happen.

Again the federal tyrannical courts is about to strip more state rights away and for what? So progressives have a spring board to attack churches and force them to perform these sinful ceremonies

Not a single church has been forced to marry any couple, gay or otherwise, against their wishes. Not one.

Only when the Right can't seem to handle that moral challenge and tries to resort to Statism and the coercive use of force of the
State
while claiming they are not really like that, afterward.

Again with your obsession with incest. If you want to wax eloquent on all your thoughts on sibling sex......feel free to start a thread on the topic. This one is about same sex marriage.

It shows they really do not have any valid reasons (save its icky) to deny gays access to marriage. It is why they have to change the topic to incest, polygamy, PA laws, marrying children and/or animals.

Not a single church has been forced to marry any couple, gay or otherwise, against their wishes. Not one.

Not by the government...their congregation is another matter.

No, for the final time. I want gays to have equal rights, I want them to be able to legally commit to each other and have that union recognized in every state as equal in all ways to a man/woman marriage.

But, a gay civil union is not, and will never be, a marriage under current law.

If we call a gay union a marriage then there will be no way to legally prohibit multiple person marriages, sibling marriages, parent/child marriages, and any other combinations that people can come up with. The legal precedent would be set by gay marriage and there would be no legal argument that could be brought to prohibit the others. Thats my issue.

Now, the solution: pass a constitutional amendment saying that a marriage consists of two people over the age of consent who are not related by blood. Get 38 states to ratify it and this whole thing is over.
Nonsense. You wouldn't know legal precedent from a hole the ground. Gay marriage between TWO CONSENTING ADULTS is not the same as incest, plural marriage, or sex with children. OMFG

Bullshit, if the SC rules that gay marriage is to be sanctioned in every state, that ruling would set a valid legal precedent for all forms of marriage.

For you information, the ACLU is already working on taking polygamy to the SC using gay marriage as precedent.

You, my friend, know nothing about how our legal system works.
Bullshit. Apparently, I know a helluva lot more about our legal system than you do. Anyone can make any argument, that does not mean the court will hear or agree with their argument.

Reasons for approving gay marriage:
equality
freedom to marry who you love
fairness
discrimination

those exact same arguments can, and will, be made for all forms of marriage, using gay marriage as a valid binding legal precedent.

I don't care if you agree, it is already in the works.
Time will prove me right, and you wrong
Watch.
With plural marriages, yes. That argument can be used.
However, with incest and sex with children harm is done to the children, thus the argument does not hold any weight.

I never said anything about under age children. I said consenting adults.

So you admit that your opposition is based upon your bigotry towards homose
So you admit that this is all about your bigotry towards homosexuals, and how you want force society to discriminate against them based upon your own personal bias?

No, for the final time. I want gays to have equal rights, I want them to be able to legally commit to each other and have that union recognized in every state as equal in all ways to a man/woman marriage.

But, a gay civil union is not, and will never be, a marriage under current law.

If we call a gay union a marriage then there will be no way to legally prohibit multiple person marriages, sibling marriages, parent/child marriages, and any other combinations that people can come up with. The legal precedent would be set by gay marriage and there would be no legal argument that could be brought to prohibit the others. Thats my issue.

Now, the solution: pass a constitutional amendment saying that a marriage consists of two people over the age of consent who are not related by blood. Get 38 states to ratify it and this whole thing is over.
Nonsense. You wouldn't know legal precedent from a hole the ground. Gay marriage between TWO CONSENTING ADULTS is not the same as incest, plural marriage, or sex with children. OMFG

Bullshit, if the SC rules that gay marriage is to be sanctioned in every state, that ruling would set a valid legal precedent for all forms of marriage.

For you information, the ACLU is already working on taking polygamy to the SC using gay marriage as precedent.

You, my friend, know nothing about how our legal system works.
So much for you saying you were no longer posting on gay threads.

This is what....the the 2nd or 3rd thread he's started lamenting about how many threads there are on gay marriage?

This thread merely asks if gay marriage is the most pressing problem facing this nation. The fact that rather than try to answer the simple question, you on the left always want to get into the right or wrong of gay marriage indicates that you may actually think this is a bigger issue than 20 trillion in debt, high unemployment, radical islam within the country, illegal immigration, the mid east burning, etc.

I really think that the focus on this by the left is to take the attention away from the massive failures of obama and liberalism in general.

Now, do you have an opinion on the original question or not?

How come people can't fuck consenting animals? I vote that we have a big gay public orgy with animals. That's what the liberals want.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

Not at all, although I see why you so desperately try to deflect. SSM AND SSSM are EXACTLY the same.

No one has ever been able to come up with an argument to disagree.

The closest I've seen as an argument againt same sex sibling marriage is that OPPOSITE sex siblings could produce defective children.

So, for that argument to be successfully argued, courts must find that someone else's ability can be used to deny "rights" of another.

That wouldn't bode well for SSM would it?

What am I missing?

Forum List

Back