🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

No, for the final time. I want gays to have equal rights, I want them to be able to legally commit to each other and have that union recognized in every state as equal in all ways to a man/woman marriage.

But, a gay civil union is not, and will never be, a marriage under current law.

If we call a gay union a marriage then there will be no way to legally prohibit multiple person marriages, sibling marriages, parent/child marriages, and any other combinations that people can come up with. The legal precedent would be set by gay marriage and there would be no legal argument that could be brought to prohibit the others. Thats my issue.

Now, the solution: pass a constitutional amendment saying that a marriage consists of two people over the age of consent who are not related by blood. Get 38 states to ratify it and this whole thing is over.
Nonsense. You wouldn't know legal precedent from a hole the ground. Gay marriage between TWO CONSENTING ADULTS is not the same as incest, plural marriage, or sex with children. OMFG
Red Minnow will be disappointed to find out his fellow incest/polygamy travelers will have to build their own legal cases to make their desires legal.
Odd isn't it that people claiming to be filled with moral sanctity are arguing for incest, plural marriages, and sex with children if consenting adults of the same sex are allowed to marry. Really odd.

You idiot, I am opposed to those things, but I understand that you revert to insults when you have lost the debate to a logical, reasoned, intelligent response.

I am not going to go back and forth with you on this. Time will prove me right.
No, time won't prove that being gay is the same as raping a child.

no one ever said it would. parent/child marriage when both are over the age of majority is not rape, but it could become legal if gay marriage becomes legal.

deny it all you want, but we are on a legal slippery slope.

In the grand scheme of things, this issue should be at the bottom of the totem pole. What is happening to Mother Earth is far more important than this.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

I think a ruling by the court that opens the door to same sex sibling marriage is pretty important.

It has nothing to do with the case that the USSC is hearing. None of the legal questions being answered are about sibling marriage. Nor is anyone in the Obergefell case related.

You're obsession with incest doesn't amount to relevance.

I think your in the wrong thread to be deflecting.

I think you're avoiding the topic of same sex marriage like it were on fire. As your argument opposing same sex marriage doesn't work. And you know it.

Which is why you're bizarrely trying to change the topic to incest.

I'll stick with same sex marriage, thanks.

Not at all, although I see why you so desperately try to deflect. SSM AND SSSM are EXACTLY the same.

No one has ever been able to come up with an argument to disagree.

The closest I've seen as an argument againt same sex sibling marriage is that OPPOSITE sex siblings could produce defective children.

So, for that argument to be successfully argued, courts must find that someone else's ability can be used to deny "rights" of another.

That wouldn't bode well for SSM would it?

What am I missing?

nice summary

How come people can't fuck consenting animals? I vote that we have a big gay public orgy with animals. That's what the liberals want.

It sounds like that's what YOU want.

Here is a clue for you so you don't get into trouble...

Animals, children and dead people can't consent. Hope that keeps you out of jail.

Again the federal tyrannical courts is about to strip more state rights away and for what? So progressives have a spring board to attack churches and force them to perform these sinful ceremonies

Not a single church has been forced to marry any couple, gay or otherwise, against their wishes. Not one.

yet

Gays have been getting married in MA for over a decade now. Not one church has been forced to marry a gay couple. Fear mongering is pretty what ya'll have left.

The issue is neveer the issue with dimocrap scum.

The issue is the Revolution

With dimocrap scum constantly putting traditions, including Marriage and Religion, under attack, they help to destabilize and destroy the Family Unit.

Absent the Family Unit, the only place to turn is The State. Always the omnipotent State with dimocrap scum..... Always.

Only 16% of Black Children in Ballmer are raised in a two-parent household.

You think that's bad? Really? Are you THAT STUPID?!?!!

Do you think scum of the fucking earth dimocrap filth GIVE A FUCK about that?

They LOVE IT like that. THAT is how they want ALL of America.

With them in charge, of course. Sitting on 'Mt Olympus' looking down on the hard scrabble lives of poor, uneducated, unloved, un-parented Prols who are no more important to the leadership of the dimocrap scum party than the Chicken they're having for dinner.

You can call me names, you can say I'm inventing shit, you can say this is all a grand delusion......

But people...... It EXISTS. What I'm describing EXISTS and it is what dimocrap scum want to do to us.

Do you think Kim Jong Un gives a FUCK about his people? Of course he doesn't. No more than dimocrap scum care about theirs. Bang up job they've done with Blacks, huh?

Do you think Kim's people even KNOW how bad they have it? No, they don't

With the DISGUSTING FILTH in the Lame Stream Media in tow, dimocrap scum could easily construct an Orwellian America.

In fact, I can PROVE that is their goal.

You can, too. All you gotta do is look around. Listen. Look. Observe

Again the federal tyrannical courts is about to strip more state rights away and for what? So progressives have a spring board to attack churches and force them to perform these sinful ceremonies

Not a single church has been forced to marry any couple, gay or otherwise, against their wishes. Not one.

yet

Gays have been getting married in MA for over a decade now. Not one church has been forced to marry a gay couple. Fear mongering is pretty what ya'll have left.

Beyond that...what church has ever been forced by the government, to perform interracial or interfaith weddings despite their being FEDERAL anti discrimination protections? I'll help out our anti gay friends by answering...not a one.

Grow up

Articles Gay Marriage A Trojan Horse Movement
<snip>
The agenda is never the agenda for the Left. And this is especially true for gay marriage. Homosexual marriage is a Trojan horse tactic. The true agenda is to establish the primacy of homosexual rights over the First Amendment’s guarantee of the free exercise of religion. Our nation was founded on this principle, and the gay marriage movement seeks to destroy it.

Consider that Annise Parker, the lesbian mayor of Houston, Texas, demanded to review pastors’ church sermons before public outrage forced her to back off. We have already seen how small businesses have been singled out and attacked for refusing to provide certain services to gays.

What is less known is that these gay couples are frequently part of the movement. They deliberately seek out businesses known for their Christian owners. They deliberately demand a service they know in advance will be refused. When the inevitable happens they use it as pretext to destroy the business and savage its owners. Doesn’t it amaze you how quickly legal groups immediately materialize to assist in the attack? The fact that they got unexpected push back through a spontaneous crowd sourcing campaign to support one pizza shop will not dissuade them from future efforts. If gay marriage is adopted, their current bullying behavior will look like child’s play compared to what’s coming.<snip>

Read more: Articles Gay Marriage A Trojan Horse Movement
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

yet

Beyond that...what church has ever been forced by the government, to perform interracial or interfaith weddings despite their being FEDERAL anti discrimination protections? I'll help out our anti gay friends by answering...not a one.

Exactly. That doesn't support their narrative so it will be dismissed and/or ignored.

Grow up

<snip>
The agenda is never the agenda for the Left. And this is especially true for gay marriage. Homosexual marriage is a Trojan horse tactic. The true agenda is to establish the primacy of homosexual rights over the First Amendment’s guarantee of the free exercise of religion. Our nation was founded on this principle, and the gay marriage movement seeks to destroy it.

Consider that Annise Parker, the lesbian mayor of Houston, Texas, demanded to review pastors’ church sermons before public outrage forced her to back off. We have already seen how small businesses have been singled out and attacked for refusing to provide certain services to gays.

What is less known is that these gay couples are frequently part of the movement. They deliberately seek out businesses known for their Christian owners. They deliberately demand a service they know in advance will be refused. When the inevitable happens they use it as pretext to destroy the business and savage its owners. Doesn’t it amaze you how quickly legal groups immediately materialize to assist in the attack? The fact that they got unexpected push back through a spontaneous crowd sourcing campaign to support one pizza shop will not dissuade them from future efforts. If gay marriage is adopted, their current bullying behavior will look like child’s play compared to what’s coming.<snip>

No where in that article does it say that churches are being forced to marry gay people. People are no longer buying the fear your peddling anymore.

Grow up

<snip>

The Only Trojan Horse movement is on the part of the Right through their insistence on bearing False Witness to our own laws in favor of commandments from Religion.

yet

Far longer than that. Gays were never prohibited from marriage.

yet

Why do you guys bother with these junks argument the courts have already tossed? Gay marriage would be a non-issue, if you homophobic children would just let it fucking go...

yet

So churches are not, nor will they ever be, forced to marry any couple against their wishes. Glad we agree.

Grow up

<snip>

Grow up? From a poster who is terrified of the thought of his fellow citizens being given equal rights? :lol:

yet

Why do you guys bother with these junks argument the courts have already tossed? Gay marriage would be a non-issue, if you homophobic children would just let it fucking go...

They may have tossed prior to SSM being the law of the land, but after they can't (at least in the case of same sex sibling marriage), that would create a legal paradox that the courts would be forced to address.

Incest laws were created because only Males could marry Females and the State would be sanctioning the creation of defective children.

Now that it will allow for same sex unions, and since same sex coupling cannot create defective children, that aspect is not applicable in those unions.

It only takes one brother/brother couple, whether gay, or heterosexual that simply want the financial benefits that come with marriage, and.......,

HOUSTON WE'VE GOT A PROBLEM

Now, argue for SSSM and lose the political influence you currently enjoy, argue against it and the argument for SSM, fly out the window.

See the paradox?

Again, what am I missing?

There is no paradox, Pops. You are free to challenge prohibitions on adult siblings marrying.. I wish you and whoever luck and happiness.

There is no paradox, Pops. You are free to challenge prohibitions on adult siblings marrying.. I wish you and whoever luck and happiness.

Yet you of all people can't make a single argument and continue to deflect.

For someone who always have THE answer, you remain mute on this paradox.

I gave you an example of two brothers wishing to marry, not because their gay, but because of financial benefit, creating the paradox, and you stand silent.

That silence is very telling.

Yet you of all people can't make a single argument and continue to deflect.

For someone who always have THE answer, you remain mute on this paradox.

I gave you an example of two brothers wishing to marry, not because their gay, but because of financial benefit, creating the paradox, and you stand silent.

That silence is very telling.

What's telling is that you can't discuss same sex marriage. That your argument has collapsed so completely that you're desperate to change the topic to incest.

If your claims had merit....you wouldn't have needed to run.

Forum List

Back