Is God A "He"...?

myself, I can't bring myself to believe that God has anything so base as a gender...

Well he did make Adam in his image. And Eve was an after thought.

speaking as a first-born child (i.e., "the experimental model"), I 'spect God mebbe thought there'd be better success with the second-born child...

Last edited:
He made adam in "our" image, is what I thought it said in Genesis? Not a bible expert, so no clue. And I try not to think of Gods lower parts.

I think I am done with this thread. Interesting question though.

He made adam in "our" image, is what I thought it said in Genesis? Not a bible expert, so no clue. And I try not to think of Gods lower parts.

I think I am done with this thread. Interesting question though.

"done with this thread"...?

never figured you to be chickenshit on uncomfortable questions, Gracie...

btw... the English translation (NKJV, Genesis 1:26) says "Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness..."

and in Genesis 1:27 (NKJV), "So God created man in His own image; In the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."

these passages have always caused me to ask certain questions...

about God's gender, as I've mentioned before...

but also about why God uses a plural pronoun to refer to him/her/it/their self...

I am far from a chickenshit. I just don't like discussion topics that are offensive to God. This is turning in to one.

I am far from a chickenshit. I just don't like discussion topics that are offensive to God. This is turning in to one.

myself, I'm not afraid to challenge pre-conceived notions of god...

if you prefer to remain comfortably numb, you can, of course, choose to wimp out and be chickenshit on the subject ...

There isn't any reason to be so crude and gross about any subject that people don't want to participate. Your avi is enough to turn anyone off. One of the most disgusting avatars I've ever seen.

God is a Trinity. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit which would be neither male nor female.

How do you label the Trinity in any other way?

Forum List

Back