Is God A "He"...?

I was told by several spirit guides, that sex is neutral in the spirit world. That is that we ourselves are asexual as spirits, and spirits do not reproduce, so they need no sex organs.

I assume that goes double for God, who is not a physical being but a great ocean of conciousness, who is above gender and creates life by willpower not by sex.

I was told by several spirit guides, that sex is neutral in the spirit world. That is that we ourselves are asexual as spirits, and spirits do not reproduce, so they need no sex organs.

I assume that goes double for God, who is not a physical being but a great ocean of conciousness, who is above gender and creates life by willpower not by sex.

According to the Bible Heavenly creatures were having sex with Adam's daughters and it was from this copulation that giants were born.

Cain slew Able then ran off to a city already inhabited by humans.

Why would God limit Him/Herself to a physical form?

It's nothing more than human ego to think He/Her looks anything like us.

Since gender is about reproduction, I don't see any reason a unique being would have a gender. There's no one to reproduce with. :)

I would think the use of our was meant in the royal sense.

He has no gender, the thought of His gender is an aftereffect of man personifying Him, and has stuck ever since. God is a spirit, He has no biological footprint, He has no carnal mind.

Surly the Almighty is able to make whatever accommodations suits the fancy for the moment and physiology is obviously a preferred choice ... for some reason though not for entertainment on Earth.

I am far from a chickenshit. I just don't like discussion topics that are offensive to God. This is turning in to one.

myself, I'm not afraid to challenge pre-conceived notions of god...

if you prefer to remain comfortably numb, you can, of course, choose to wimp out and be chickenshit on the subject ...

5258d81f066d8d731c13ac80d6549454.jpg

Ok. Now you can have the last word and prove it ^

God is a Trinity. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit which would be neither male nor female.

How do you label the Trinity in any other way?

There is nothing in the Bible that supports the trinity. Jesus repeatedly told John he was NOT God. He was not his father. That all power came from God not Jesus.

God is a Trinity. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit which would be neither male nor female.

There is nothing in the Bible that supports the trinity. Jesus repeatedly told John he was NOT God. He was not his father. That all power came from God not Jesus.

Deity of Christ is Irrefutable by Omega

There is one Chapter in the Bible which easily proves the Deity of Christ, the Apostle John could not have better summed up the Deity of Christ and the Triune God in one chapter alone. Furthermore it is a chapter which IRREFUTABLY teaches the Deity of Christ and leaves the Jehovahs Witnesses and other cultic Christian sects which deny the Deity of Christ reproved.
John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The fact is that in Greek when the predicate nominative precedes the subject (as it does inthe clause "THEOS EN HO LOGOS," "THE WORD WAS GOD,"), it is saying that the word has the quality of being God, not Godlike, demonstrating distinction from the Father and equality. If an article had been present (HO THEOS EN HO LOGOS), it would not have been trinitarian, but modalistic, i.e., the Father and the Son are the same person. There is no better way to get across what John intended, that the Son was Fully GOD, but was one member of the Godhead, not the same person as the Father, than the way John had wrote it under inspiration. If John had intended to say "THE WORD WAS A GOD," then He would have written the subject first and the predicate nominative afterwards ("HO LOGOS EN THEOS.") Furthermore it states in verse 2 of John 1 that All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. If Jesus is a created being, than according to John 1:2. Jesus created Himself which is logically fallacious.

Dr. Walter Martin suggests you follow the scripture format listed below
to prove the Trinity.

a. The Father is God. Eph. 1:2

Ephesians 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

b. Jesus is God. John 1:1, 5:18, 20:28, Isa. 9:6, Heb. 1:16, 8, 10-12,
Rev. 1:8, Rev. 22:12,13

c. The Holy Spirit is God. Acts 5:3-4, Gen. 1:2

d. There is only One God. Deut. 6:4, John 17:3, Isa. 42-48

These four points shown in above order will help you prove the Trinity
with most people who are skeptical about this vital doctrinal issue.
(Complete Evangelism, p.164)

2 Peter says there is a Person called the Father, and he's God. And Acts chapter 5 says there is a person called the Spirit and he's God.

And John 1 says there is a person called the Word and he's God.

"I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins."-John 8:24

John 5:19 is saying that He is God and that He can do what God does. Jesus does what God does.-p86, "Through The Bible Commentary" by Dr. J. Vernon McGee

"I and my Father are one."-John 10:30

I have a public domain paper by Dave who was a forum member of a Christian board. He is dead now. I may post it later.

You are wrong, there is no trinity. Nothing you posted proves it nor supports the contention.

Jesus is a separate, distinct creature, he is NOT God, he is his son. Not his natural born son but the first creature God Created.

The Holy Ghost is an entity that God uses to do his biding, again NOT God.

The fact that this supposed trinity idea did not come up for hundreds of years after Jesus is telling also.

You of course are free to believe what ever you want. You are wrong. God does not appreciate worshiping others. He was clear in the Old testament about that.

Just as it is a sin to worship Mary it is a sin to worship Jesus as if he were God. And the same is true of the Holy Ghost. There is ONLY one God. And Jesus repeated that more then once.

"The Colossian heresy, in its attack upon the absolute deity of our Lord, states that the divine essence of deity is scattered among the angelic emanations from deity, and that our Lord possessed only a part of it. Paul answers, in the words of the A.V.,'For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell' (1:19), and 'For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily' (2:9). The word 'dwelleth' is katoikeo, made up of oikeo, 'to live in a home, to be at home,' and kata, whose root meaning is 'down' and speaks or permanence. The expanded translation reads, '...because in Him [God] was well pleased that all the fullness be permanently at home' (1:19), and '...because in Him there is continuously and permanently at home all the fullness of absolute deity in bodily fashion' (2:9)"
-p. ix, Teacher Emeritus of New Testament Greek, The Moody Bible Institute

"And He himself antedates all things, and all things in Him cohere. And He himself is the Head of His Body, the Church. He is the originator [i.e., the creator], the firstborn out from among the dead, in order that He might become in all things himself the One who is pre-eminent, because in Him [God] was well pleased that all the fullness be permanently at home. And [God was well pleased] through His agency to reconcile all things to himself, having concluded peace through the blood of His Cross, through Him, whether the things upon the earth or the things in the heavens."-The New Testament (An Expanded Translation) by Kenneth S. Wuest, Colossians 1:17-20, p.470

“...because in Him there is continuously and permanently at home all the fullness of absolute deity in bodily fashion.”, Ibid., Colossions 2:9, p. 471

Antedate, 1. to put a date on that is earlier than the actual date. -Webster's New World Dictionary
Pre-Eminent, 1. eminent (dominant) above others - Ibid.

You are wrong, there is no trinity. Nothing you posted proves it nor supports the contention.

He is God by addition. God took on a human body.

John 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The word was God. The same word used for God is the same word for this other person and the term for "word" is Logos.

John 1:14 ¶ And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

God was made flesh and dwelt among us.

The Holy Ghost is an entity that God uses to do his biding, again NOT God.

Acts 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

Acts 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Therefore these two verses equate lying to the Holy Spirit the same as lying to God.

Keep worshiping Jesus and the Holy Ghost as if they are God. I am sure God will forgive you even though he clearly ordered his followers not to worship others as him or over him.

I always had the image in my head that He is a He.

I did also.
However, He is a Spirit. And Spirits do not have genders.

so... it's complicated :)

we won't have gender on the other side as well, so the question is only relevant for our Earthly path.

Keep worshiping Jesus and the Holy Ghost as if they are God. I am sure God will forgive you even though he clearly ordered his followers not to worship others as him or over him.

They ARE.

It is like H2O can be ice, water and steam :)

Of course there IS. Jesus repeatedly affirmed He IS God.

His visible to the humankind human body was a necessity but it never changed the very core essence of who He was - the God Almighty Himself.

Forum List

Back