Is God A "He"...?

Holler if ya need another one. And don't hesitate to smack me back ONLY when I need it. Open hand. No fist. On the butt would be nice. Spank me, baby. :lol:

Hey man, I'm sorry you have such a miserable life. Actually, no I'm not.

actually, at the age of 61, I'm having the best times of my life...

thanks for asking... :)
Yeah, I can see how great a time you're having.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/music/327263-bayoubill-s-latest-fuck-it-thread-2.html#post8233144

I have many sides... many aspects...

if you were a friend of mine, you'd recognize that right away...

eta: oh... and regarding that post of mine you linked, I don't particularly feel the need to have my dick in a pussy to feel happy... I was only trying to make a point, as it were... :)

Last edited:
myself, I can't bring myself to believe that God has anything so base as a gender...

Well he did make Adam in his image. And Eve was an after thought.
The Bible was by men.

Yes, the Bible was written by men in a culture dominated by men. It is obvious that the role of women in society back in those times was not to rule or be the dominating force in any way, so it is clear the use of the male pronoun with the role of God in people's lives would go together. They would not consider God to be a woman.

But, I agree with those who say the idea or spirit of God is without gender. Gender is an Earthly thing, not a spiritual thing.

Bill is ok SJ. He just gets on a roll sometimes and forgets there are folks under the wheels. :lol:
Give him a chance. He and I are good. I think you two could be the same. After all..it's just pixels on a message board (words compliments of MeBelle) and sometimes..things just don't come out right.

I wanna post this sweet tune again...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O91VbdD_354]Joan Osborne - If God Was One Of Us (HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

eta: I love you all... I truly do...

Sorry I said that, Bill. You almost got me irritated. And most know when I get irritated, I start cussin' like a sailor. But...I know your heart. My common sense kicked my ass to the curb and I remembered that Bill is just Bill...and Bill is ok in my book. :)

Sorry I said that, Bill. You almost got me irritated. And most know when I get irritated, I start cussin' like a sailor. But...I know your heart. My common sense kicked my ass to the curb and I remembered that Bill is just Bill...and Bill is ok in my book. :)

I already can't even remember what it was you said, Gracie...

that's the great thing about being my age...

I can't remember shit... which means it's impossible for me to hold a grudge, even if I wanted to... :)

Bill is ok SJ. He just gets on a roll sometimes and forgets there are folks under the wheels. :lol:
Give him a chance. He and I are good. I think you two could be the same. After all..it's just pixels on a message board (words compliments of MeBelle) and sometimes..things just don't come out right.
I understand that, I have my moments too.

mebbe it's just me, but I still have a hard time imagining the creator having gender-specific reproductive organs...

whether it be a monstrously huge swingin' dick or an all-encompassing vagina...

anyone wanna help me on this...?

The "image," or "representation" of the divine was made in OUR own image, what we could comprehend, and evolved over time to what we (or the most powerful majority of we) wanted (us) to comprehend.

and / or

The divine has the ability (all powerful, etc) to appear, manifest, adapt its form depending on culture / comprehension.

myself, I can't bring myself to believe that God has anything so base as a gender...

Gender is only required for biological reproduction. If God exists, and is the One and only, we should defer from using the anthropomorphic, masculine "He", but rather use the third person singular neuter pronoun "It"--when a pronoun is preferable to the proper noun "God".

There, I think that should settle that. :eusa_angel:

The easy way to find out is to ask Him. He is quite clear about being our Father.

Personally, I find nothing base about gender. I find it exquisitely beautiful and poetic that we have two genders that need to work together to create and nuture life. I also find that it teaches us the necessity of balance in nature. There is beauty in balance.

Both male and female were created in the image of the gods. That's what the Bible teaches.

Forum List

Back