Is God A "He"...?

myself, I can't bring myself to believe that God has anything so base as a gender...

Since God is the invisible Creator, it is non-gender.

1 John 1:1 ¶ That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
1 John 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

If you're talking about the false god, Jesus, then you're truly deceived by the religious Romans who made their Jesus a god to make sure that their Christians would never become true saints who witness the invisible Creator within their mind and testify to Him in writing and speaking.

I have see the invisible Creator within my mind, also, but since He's invisible, I can't see Him in the retina's of my eyes.

Stupid people think they can see our invisible Creator with their eyes.

Is God A "He"...?
"they have become like "US" knowing good and evil."-Genesis 3:22

"Us" is our Creator and His created voice called the Word of God. From His voice, God created wavelengths of energy, which is where His hidden knowledge exists.

John 1
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: He was in the beginning with God;
3: all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
4: In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

I Colossians 1:
15: He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation;
16: for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities – all things were created through him and for him.
17: He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
18: He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent.
19: For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell,

Then how were we created in his image?

Material and immaterial aspects.

There's no such thing as matter, space or time in the energy that God created us as.
There's no such thing as matter, space or time?
cuckoo.gif

This thread is getting to wacko for me. Time to unsubscribe.

The easy way to find out is to ask Him. He is quite clear about being our Father.

I did ask It. 10 years passed, I figured I wasn't going to get an answer, so I started to try to figure things out using reason. Voila! Truth not based on blind faith is the answer.

If there is a Mrs God, why did he need to impregnate Mary to get a baby Jesus?

What did Mrs God think of the arrangement?

See, if we stick to reason, we get reasonable results. :eusa_angel:

Considering how man turned out, there probably were a lot of advisers involved

We are all created as members of the "Committee". But we answer to ourselves for our own souls/egos/spirits/whatever.

To be fair, literalist fundamentalists notwithstanding, Genesis is allegory, and the image we were created in is spiritual--IF God exists. If God doesn't exist then we are in our own image. Paradoxically, there is no difference because we have no idea if there is a God or not, and therefore it's a moot point.

God will NEVER be seen by man.

...or heard by man either, not in this life, that would screw up our free will.

Can you accurately translate the scriptures without using masculine terms?

The Gender-Neutral Bible Controversy: Muting the Masculinity of God's Words Paperback
by Wayne A. Grudem (Author) , Vern Sheridan Poythress (Author)

The Gender-Neutral Bible Controversy: Muting the Masculinity of God's Words: Wayne A. Grudem, Vern Sheridan Poythress: 9780805424416: Amazon.com: Books

The Gender-Neutral Bible Controversy: Muting the Masculinity of God's Words: Wayne A. Grudem, Vern Sheridan Poythress: 9780805424416: Amazon.com: Books

Honestly I do not know.
First, English is not my native language. Second, not every scholar agrees on this or other interpretation of the ancient Greek and there are many passages of the Scriptures ( I don't know the Old Testament that much, but the New One quite a bit, although not the English variations)
Actually I don't like the quantity of English translations and traditional Kings James was already adapted for the Protestant, or rather, Anglican variation of reading it.

In order to really find for yourself, one would need to learn ancient Greek, Aramaic, Latin and some other local dialects.
One would also need to become a scholar in ancient Jewish ( of various tribes) customs - and that will take a lifetime :)

Do you really know what you are getting into? The people who create these debates argue form verses function or dynamic equivalency verses formal equivalency. Why is that? Because they don't believe God's words literally.

Satan said in Genesis 3:1 "...hath God said....?..."

The Importance of NOT adding to or subtracting from God’s words:

“Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.”-Deuteronomy 4:2

“What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.”-Deuteronomy 12:32

Deuteronomy 5:32 Ye shall observe to do therefore as the LORD your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.

“Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”-Proverbs 30:6

“Thus saith the Lord; Stand in the court of the Lord’s house, and speak unto all the cities of Judah, which come to worship in the Lord’s house, all the words that I command thee to speak unto them; diminish not a word:”-Jeremiah 26:2

“For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:”-Revelation 22:18

“And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and the things which are written in this book.”-Revelation 22:19

These warnings are not limited to one book. These warnings run throughout the whole Bible.

Do you think believers or unbelievers will get away with it?

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

I call it splitting the hair into 4 pieces :)

Honestly I do not know.
First, English is not my native language. Second, not every scholar agrees on this or other interpretation of the ancient Greek and there are many passages of the Scriptures ( I don't know the Old Testament that much, but the New One quite a bit, although not the English variations)
Actually I don't like the quantity of English translations and traditional Kings James was already adapted for the Protestant, or rather, Anglican variation of reading it.

In order to really find for yourself, one would need to learn ancient Greek, Aramaic, Latin and some other local dialects.
One would also need to become a scholar in ancient Jewish ( of various tribes) customs - and that will take a lifetime :)

Do you really know what you are getting into? The people who create these debates argue form verses function or dynamic equivalency verses formal equivalency. Why is that? Because they don't believe God's words literally.

Satan said in Genesis 3:1 "...hath God said....?..."

The Importance of NOT adding to or subtracting from God’s words:

“Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.”-Deuteronomy 4:2

“What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.”-Deuteronomy 12:32

Deuteronomy 5:32 Ye shall observe to do therefore as the LORD your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.

“Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”-Proverbs 30:6

“Thus saith the Lord; Stand in the court of the Lord’s house, and speak unto all the cities of Judah, which come to worship in the Lord’s house, all the words that I command thee to speak unto them; diminish not a word:”-Jeremiah 26:2

“For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:”-Revelation 22:18

“And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and the things which are written in this book.”-Revelation 22:19

These warnings are not limited to one book. These warnings run throughout the whole Bible.

Do you think believers or unbelievers will get away with it?

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

I call it splitting the hair into 4 pieces :)

It is kind of like this. God is either the Lord of ALL or He is not Lord at all. If you want your words to be an authority here, God has to be the Lord of ALL. If God's words aren't Lord of ALL then all of what you're preaching isn't truth.

We have fruit so the wheat looks a little different than the tares because the tares stand straight up while the real plants bend and bow to Jesus due to the weight of having real fruit. We bow to Jesus because He is Lord of ALL.

sophiaicon.jpg

There have always been goddesses ... many chose to ignore her.

Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom & God's Wife.
By Katia Romanoff (with contributions by young Mark Raines) Sophia Figurine available from SacredSource.com

Who is Sophia? Literally she is Wisdom, because the Greek word Sophia means "wisdom" in English. More than that, Sophia is the Wisdom of Deity. She has been revered as the Wise Bride of Solomon by Jews, as the Queen of Wisdom and War (Athena) by Greeks, and as the Holy Spirit of Wisdom by Christians. She is known as Chokmah (pronounced HOK-mah with the H being said like -ch in the name Bach) in Hebrew, and Sapientia in Latin.

But just who is Sophia?

Sophia is found throughout the wisdom books of the Bible. There are many references to her in the book of Proverbs, and in the apocryphal books of Sirach and the Wisdom of Solomon (accepted by Catholics and Orthodox, found in the Greek Septuagint of the early Church). She is Wisdom Incarnate, the Goddess of all those who are wise.

Is it any wonder that Sophia is constantly associated with wise King Solomon? 1 Kings 4:29-31 tells us that God gave wisdom to Solomon, and that he became wiser than all the kings of the East and all the wise people of Egypt. Wisdom 8:2, 16, 18 tells us Solomon was considered to be married to Sophia. One of the many layers of symbolism attributed to the Song of Songs (also known as Song of Solomon or Canticle of Canticles) is that it speaks of Solomon's marriage to Holy Sophia. Wisdom 9:8-11 even tells us that Sophia instructed Solomon in building the Temple!

The Jews revered Sophia. King Solomon even put her right in the Temple, in the form of the Goddess Asherah. However, after the brutal "reforms" of King Josiah described in 1st and 2nd Kings in your Bible, the veneration of Sophia went underground. Josiah slaughtered all her priests and priestesses and destroyed all her shrines and places of worship. But Sophia adherents remained active in the "underground stream" for centuries even while patriarchal Christianity held total sway in the Western World. Thanks to her continuing presence in the world and her presence in the Bible, veneration of Sophia surfaced in the Eastern Christian tradition with the construction of the Hagia Sophia cathedral in Constantinople (now a Muslim museum in Instanbul). The Russian Catholic liturgical service to Sophia combined with the assumption of Mary on May 15. The Russian Orthodox Church has also begun a school of "Sophiology" to explore the thealogy (spelled with an "a") of Sophia without contradicting the Russian Orthodox theology.

Yet the Eastern Christians are not the only Christians to venerate Sophia. Sophia was very likely venerated by early Followers of the Way, and her veneration has survived in the West today in the form of Gnosticism. Gnostics see her as one of the aeons, one of the quasi-deities who live in the ethereal realm known as the pleroma. Gnostics believe that she gave birth to or brought about the creation of a negative aeon, who later came to be called an archon, called the Demiurge, creator and ruler of this world. Gnostics see the Demiurge as the God of the Old Testament, with his strict rules and chains that bind the people of the Earth. Gnostics believe that Sophia and the Father God (not the Demiurge) sent Yeshua to right this wrong. In Gnostic tradition, Sophia plays a very active role in our world.

Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom & God's Bride

I myself, would probably be considered a pagan by most. I believe in her!

We were created as invisible energy. To give us a defined world to live in, energy has to be processed through the brain of each invisible "being".

God will NEVER be seen by man.

that is what you think in your severely restricted case of spiritual bitemporal hemianopsia :D

Your iniquity is obvious.
On the last day there will be many that come to Jesus and say, "Didn't I prophecy in your name, and didn't I cast out demons in your name?" and Jesus will say to them, "I know you not, you are workers of iniquity."
"You shall know them by their fruit. A good tree doesn't produce bad fruit." Your fruit is as bad as your spelling.

It is kind of like this. God is either the Lord of ALL or He is not Lord at all. If you want your words to be an authority here, God has to be the Lord of ALL. If God's words aren't Lord of ALL then all of what you're preaching isn't truth.

We have fruit so the wheat looks a little different than the tares because the tares stand straight up while the real plants bend and bow to Jesus due to the weight of having real fruit. We bow to Jesus because He is Lord of ALL.

We bow to Jesus because He is Lord of ALL.

He is Lord of ALL - all who Chuck ?

that would not be the same prophet that feasted with "his" congregation would it, the hapless fish from the sea ?

the Creator would have no need to devour what did not exist before its creation ... something Jesus seems to have relished in providing for his flock and himself.

Forum List

Back