Is God A "He"...?

It is kind of like this. God is either the Lord of ALL or He is not Lord at all.
Worth repeating.

All means all. The hapless fish have a covenant with God. All the animals have a covenant with God. They allowed themselves to be put under the dominion of man, for a time.

You may not accept Jesus as your Savior but your own knees will bend at His authority with the same disregard for your mental convictions that caused Nebekanezer to eat grass like a cow.

Your regard for fish is admirable. If you consider them hapless, what word do you use to describe the children we abort?

Last edited:
We were created as invisible energy. To give us a defined world to live in, energy has to be processed through the brain of each invisible "being".

God will NEVER be seen by man.

that is what you think in your severely restricted case of spiritual bitemporal hemianopsia :D

Your iniquity is obvious.
On the last day there will be many that come to Jesus and say, "Didn't I prophecy in your name, and didn't I cast out demons in your name?" and Jesus will say to them, "I know you not, you are workers of iniquity."
"You shall know them by their fruit. A good tree doesn't produce bad fruit." Your fruit is as bad as your spelling.

and what does this sermon have to do with my objection to the quoted poster's besserwisser-like statement?:cuckoo:

or you have difficulty understanding some terminology? google is you friend :rolleyes:

Do you really know what you are getting into? The people who create these debates argue form verses function or dynamic equivalency verses formal equivalency. Why is that? Because they don't believe God's words literally.

Satan said in Genesis 3:1 "...hath God said....?..."

The Importance of NOT adding to or subtracting from God’s words:

“Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.”-Deuteronomy 4:2

“What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.”-Deuteronomy 12:32

Deuteronomy 5:32 Ye shall observe to do therefore as the LORD your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.

“Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”-Proverbs 30:6

“Thus saith the Lord; Stand in the court of the Lord’s house, and speak unto all the cities of Judah, which come to worship in the Lord’s house, all the words that I command thee to speak unto them; diminish not a word:”-Jeremiah 26:2

“For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:”-Revelation 22:18

“And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and the things which are written in this book.”-Revelation 22:19

These warnings are not limited to one book. These warnings run throughout the whole Bible.

Do you think believers or unbelievers will get away with it?

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

I call it splitting the hair into 4 pieces :)

It is kind of like this. God is either the Lord of ALL or He is not Lord at all. If you want your words to be an authority here, God has to be the Lord of ALL. If God's words aren't Lord of ALL then all of what you're preaching isn't truth.

We have fruit so the wheat looks a little different than the tares because the tares stand straight up while the real plants bend and bow to Jesus due to the weight of having real fruit. We bow to Jesus because He is Lord of ALL.

I don't object to the above just fail to see any connection to the original concept why some modern "scientists" are splitting the hair into 4 pieces on the matter of God being "he", "she" or what :)
Which we both basically equally object to.

sophiaicon.jpg

There have always been goddesses ... many chose to ignore her.

Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom & God's Wife.
By Katia Romanoff (with contributions by young Mark Raines) Sophia Figurine available

I have old Christian articles from Watchman Fellowship on the heresy called Sophia Worship. I thought at the time that it was sick that I have to have them but it is a heresy being forced on the church this century. It is paganism and not Christianity.

"Was the New Testament Influenced by Pagan Religions?" (an article
from the Christian Research Journal, Winter 1994, page 8) by Ronald
Nash.
The Editor-in-Chief of the Christian Research Journal is
Elliot Miller.

http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/cri/cri-jrnl/crj0169a.txt

You can thank Robert J. Fox of the Roman Catholic Church for the "Re Imagining Conference".

According to Smith, even though Fox claims to be a Trinitarian, Fox posits Jesus as the Supreme Model of Panentheism in Scripture. Jesus as Immanuel (Matt. 1:22) seems to be Fox's proof-text. However, for Fox, it appears that Jesus is not a literal figure, but a principle of divine potentiality which is found in every living creature. One can not help but think of the many intrusions of the New Age human-potential movement in the business sectors of our society, such as the ubiquitous seminars and infomercials which teach that humans have "unlimited" potential (p. 298).

Fox's theology naturally affects his doctrine of the Holy Spirit. Fox holds that the Holy Spirit is the feminine aspect of God. He states that "the Spirit, who is evergreen (Hildegard) and who is transformer (Eckhart) is essentially a feminine spirit." The description of the spirit is Mother Sophia from wisdom literature texts, where he says "come from North Africa where a Mother Goddess was worshipped before the Israelite people were formed" (Creation Spirituality, p. 62).

Watchman Fellowship, Inc. - The 'Changing' God of the New Theologies

This isn't Christianity. This is New Age garbage that is basically apostasy because it is not based on fact or Christianity but it is make believe being put on the Church because there are people who are apostates following apostates.

He made adam in "our" image, is what I thought it said in Genesis? Not a bible expert, so no clue. And I try not to think of Gods lower parts.

I think I am done with this thread. Interesting question though.

"done with this thread"...?

never figured you to be chickenshit on uncomfortable questions, Gracie...

btw... the English translation (NKJV, Genesis 1:26) says "Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness..."

and in Genesis 1:27 (NKJV), "So God created man in His own image; In the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."

these passages have always caused me to ask certain questions...

about God's gender, as I've mentioned before...

but also about why God uses a plural pronoun to refer to him/her/it/their self...

Why, precisely, do you think God's existence and identity are somehow defined by the limits of human language; to whit, the fact that the English language doesn't have a neutral pronoun, and so uses the male pronoun in that capacity?

Sheesh. I've never adjusted to the fact that modern-day illiteracy is so widespread that it's viewed as philosophical questions. :eusa_hand:

I am far from a chickenshit. I just don't like discussion topics that are offensive to God. This is turning in to one.

myself, I'm not afraid to challenge pre-conceived notions of god...

if you prefer to remain comfortably numb, you can, of course, choose to wimp out and be chickenshit on the subject ...

But you're not "challenging" anything. You're just trying to use your - apparently - very limited English language and logic skills to tell yourself that you're clever. To anyone reasonable who isn't nursing a serious religion-phobia, you sound like a jackass.

I did also.
However, He is a Spirit. And Spirits do not have genders.

so... it's complicated :)

we won't have gender on the other side as well, so the question is only relevant for our Earthly path.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Male imagery referring to God

The male imagery used to depict God is fundamentally different from the female similes found in Scripture. God may be like a mother in certain aspects, but He is Father; Jesus prayed to Him as Father and taught His disciples to do the same (Matt 6:9). The Second Person of the Trinity, Jesus Christ, became incarnate as a man, not a woman, and Jesus referred to the Holy Spirit with the pronoun ‘He’ (John 14:16–17). These are not similes or metaphors, but teaching regarding the very nature of God and how He relates to His creation, and how the members of the Godhead relate to each other.

What's in a pronoun? The divine gender controversy

I think the male gender pronoun is connected to the patriarchal structure of the human society and as such it gives the males more authority. It's not sexual matter but rather strength matter, so to say. but that is just my feeling on the issue :)

It might also have something to do with the fact that God Himself kept explaining His relationship to mankind in paternalistic terms, undoubtedly because that was the easiest way for us to comprehend it rather than because of any literal correlation.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

I think the male gender pronoun is connected to the patriarchal structure of the human society and as such it gives the males more authority. It's not sexual matter but rather strength matter, so to say. but that is just my feeling on the issue :)

Can you accurately translate the scriptures without using masculine terms?

The Gender-Neutral Bible Controversy: Muting the Masculinity of God's Words Paperback
by Wayne A. Grudem (Author) , Vern Sheridan Poythress (Author)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0805424415/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=]The Gender-Neutral Bible Controversy: Muting the Masculinity of God's Words: Wayne A. Grudem, Vern Sheridan Poythress: 9780805424416: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

This book describes how the modern feminist agenda has influenced the translators of the Bible, compelling them to mute the patriarchalism inherent in the ancient texts. It may be polite and politically correct today to avoid using the "generic he" and other masculine language in written documents. The authors assert, however, that translators cannot avoid masculine overtones and at the same time accurately translate the Scriptures.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0805424415/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=]The Gender-Neutral Bible Controversy: Muting the Masculinity of God's Words: Wayne A. Grudem, Vern Sheridan Poythress: 9780805424416: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Is there any particular reason I need to?

myself, I can't bring myself to believe that God has anything so base as a gender...

Well he did make Adam in his image. And Eve was an after thought.
The Bible was by men.

"Religion! Ahhhh! I hate religion! How DARE anyone believe or talk about something I hate and have decided they should hate with me?! I hate religion SO MUCH that I will stalk religious people and their conversations about religion JUST for the purpose of interjecting my obsessive, pathological hatred where it is utterly inappropriate and unrelated! Aaaaagh!"

Seriously, shitstain. No one asked, no one cares. Get therapy.

It might also have something to do with the fact that God Himself kept explaining His relationship to mankind in paternalistic terms, undoubtedly because that was the easiest way for us to comprehend it rather than because of any literal correlation.

If you want to use human reasoning, there is more of a 50% chance that He is Father.
The fact that he revealed himself as Father plus flipping a coin with 50% being male and 50% being female then there is more than 51% chance that He is Father.

If He was a "She" then don't you think women would have been in charge and had headship throughout the ages instead of being treated like cattle?

Human reasoning doesn't always work in your favor.

Last edited:

Can you accurately translate the scriptures without using masculine terms?

The Gender-Neutral Bible Controversy: Muting the Masculinity of God's Words Paperback
by Wayne A. Grudem (Author) , Vern Sheridan Poythress (Author)

This book describes how the modern feminist agenda has influenced the translators of the Bible, compelling them to mute the patriarchalism inherent in the ancient texts. It may be polite and politically correct today to avoid using the "generic he" and other masculine language in written documents. The authors assert, however, that translators cannot avoid masculine overtones and at the same time accurately translate the Scriptures.

Is there any particular reason I need to?

Maybe someone else will make something up and challenge your story. Who would believe you?

He made adam in "our" image, is what I thought it said in Genesis? Not a bible expert, so no clue. And I try not to think of Gods lower parts.

I think I am done with this thread. Interesting question though.

"done with this thread"...?

never figured you to be chickenshit on uncomfortable questions, Gracie...

btw... the English translation (NKJV, Genesis 1:26) says "Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness..."

and in Genesis 1:27 (NKJV), "So God created man in His own image; In the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."

these passages have always caused me to ask certain questions...

about God's gender, as I've mentioned before...

but also about why God uses a plural pronoun to refer to him/her/it/their self...

Why, precisely, do you think God's existence and identity are somehow defined by the limits of human language; to whit, the fact that the English language doesn't have a neutral pronoun, and so uses the male pronoun in that capacity?

Sheesh. I've never adjusted to the fact that modern-day illiteracy is so widespread that it's viewed as philosophical questions. :eusa_hand:

El =God
Elohim = Trinity
:eusa_angel:

French assigns gender to nouns. So does Hebrew assign gender to words. Wisdom, in Hebrew is a feminine "word".
No where in the Bible does it say the word wisdom married God.

a lot of languages assign gender to all parts of the language, so science based on the linguistics in the matters of theology is suspicious at best.

I have encountered on the web the view ( and very strong one, based on these "scientific theories") that The Holy Spirit is a "she" :lol:

You may not accept Jesus as your Savior ... but your own knees will bend at His authority

Ram, not everyone has your week knees.

no one will accomplish Remission to the Everlasting but by their own deeds - and hence to become for some a god of their own ...

the Creator is obviously the Father to the Creation ... of evolving life and is its guidance - not to be disobeyed.

Forum List

Back