Is God A "He"...?

Why would God be a "he" unless there was a Mrs God?

Interesting concept

If we were created in the image of God ....that would mean God has sexual organs, a digestive tract, urinary capability, heart, lungs

Why would God have all these things if he doesn't have sex, eat, drink, breathe air
He is God....why does he have all these human charactersitics if they are not needed?

Interesting concept

If we were created in the image of God ....that would mean God has sexual organs, a digestive tract, urinary capability, heart, lungs

Why would God have all these things if he doesn't have sex, eat, drink, breathe air
He is God....why does he have all these human charactersitics if they are not needed?

If we were created in the image of God ...

The correct interpretation is all Flora and Fauna of earth is created equally in the image (persuasion) of God ... (just) mankind is at odds, as an example the disparagement of pleasure.

why wouldn't God have sex ... just what might be chosen ? ? ?

Jesus called Him Daddy.

God and His Son Jesus have been together since eternity past. And the angels were created before we were. God had a lot of company to confer with concerning his new children.
We are made in His image. We are spirit. We are a trinity.

We have a human spirit, a portion of God that each individual is endowed with. It is called the Breath of Life. (It is not the Holy Spirit .< that is a part of God's Trinity, and available to all who ask.)
It is our own spark of life that will eventuality return to God. When it does, our body ceases to function. We are not to put this spirit under the authority of our souls. It is to remain free to commune unfettered with our Father.

We have a soul. It contains your mind, and your "heart". The heart God's sees. The heart Jesus sees. And Your memory, your likes and dislikes, your conscience. It's you. It is who you are and always will be. It is also spirit. It steps right out of the body, once the breath of life is removed. It is eternal, just like our Father. We are without end.

We have a body. A shell that the soul and spirit use to function in this atmosphere. Not unlike a space suit. It has a pump to circulate blood. It has an expiration date. It isn't a necessity for the soul to survive, but is a necessity for the soul to survive here on earth in human form. It requires upkeep and is effected by the dimensions we
know, e.g. gravity.
It can be glorified and rendered immortal and will be reunited with the souls of God's children to perform duties right back here on earth following Armageddon.
Hi Gracie, does that help? :)

Last edited:
Jesus called Him Daddy.

God and His Son Jesus have been together since eternity past. And the angels were created before we were. God had a lot of company to confer with concerning his new children.
We are made in His image. We are spirit. We are a trinity.

We have a human spirit, a portion of God that each individual is endowed with. It is called the Breath of Life. (It is not the Holy Spirit .< that is a part of God's Trinity, and available to all who ask.)
It is our own spark of life that will eventuality return to God. When it does, our body ceases to function. We are not to put this spirit under the authority of our souls. It is to remain free to commune unfettered with our Father.

We have a soul. It contains your mind, and your "heart". The heart God's sees. The heart Jesus sees. And Your memory, your likes and dislikes, your conscience. It's you. It is who you are and always will be. It is also spirit. It steps right out of the body, once the breath of life is removed. It is eternal, just like our Father. We are without end.

We have a body. A shell that the soul and spirit use to function in this atmosphere. Not unlike a space suit. It has a pump to circulate blood. It has an expiration date. It isn't a necessity for the soul to survive, but is a necessity for the soul to survive here on earth in human form. It requires upkeep and is effected by the dimensions we
know, e.g. gravity.
It can be glorified and rendered immortal and will be reunited with the souls of God's children to perform duties right back here on earth following Armageddon.
Hi Gracie, does that help? :)
Considering how man turned out, there probably were a lot of advisers involved

I think of the verse, "What is man that you are even mindful of him?" I'd have squished us like bugs long ago if I were in charge.
But we have a Daddy that loves us more than we can comprehend. Who sings over us and actually honors us. Amazing. Grace.

Why would God be a "he" unless there was a Mrs God?

What makes you think there isn't?

The Bible does say were were created in their image both male and female.

If there is a Mrs God, why did he need to impregnate Mary to get a baby Jesus?

What did Mrs God think of the arrangement?

For it was unto us a child was born. Like us. Under the same conditions and consequences of sin as we were, yet lived as a man who never sinned. In that state He qualified to remove the consequence of sin from the world, justly. So our Father could justly dole out mercy instead of eternal death that is the sentence regarding sin.

Michael the angel is male.
Wisdom is female. ;)

Last edited:
How about He having a Wife!!

If Satan is the elder brother of Jesus, it makes sense that God is married.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

What's in a pronoun? The divine gender controversy

I think the male gender pronoun is connected to the patriarchal structure of the human society and as such it gives the males more authority. It's not sexual matter but rather strength matter, so to say. but that is just my feeling on the issue :)

Can you accurately translate the scriptures without using masculine terms?

The Gender-Neutral Bible Controversy: Muting the Masculinity of God's Words Paperback
by Wayne A. Grudem (Author) , Vern Sheridan Poythress (Author)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0805424415/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=]The Gender-Neutral Bible Controversy: Muting the Masculinity of God's Words: Wayne A. Grudem, Vern Sheridan Poythress: 9780805424416: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

This book describes how the modern feminist agenda has influenced the translators of the Bible, compelling them to mute the patriarchalism inherent in the ancient texts. It may be polite and politically correct today to avoid using the "generic he" and other masculine language in written documents. The authors assert, however, that translators cannot avoid masculine overtones and at the same time accurately translate the Scriptures.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0805424415/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=]The Gender-Neutral Bible Controversy: Muting the Masculinity of God's Words: Wayne A. Grudem, Vern Sheridan Poythress: 9780805424416: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Honestly I do not know.
First, English is not my native language. Second, not every scholar agrees on this or other interpretation of the ancient Greek and there are many passages of the Scriptures ( I don't know the Old Testament that much, but the New One quite a bit, although not the English variations)
Actually I don't like the quantity of English translations and traditional Kings James was already adapted for the Protestant, or rather, Anglican variation of reading it.

In order to really find for yourself, one would need to learn ancient Greek, Aramaic, Latin and some other local dialects.
One would also need to become a scholar in ancient Jewish ( of various tribes) customs - and that will take a lifetime :)

Keep worshiping Jesus and the Holy Ghost as if they are God. I am sure God will forgive you even though he clearly ordered his followers not to worship others as him or over him.

They ARE.

It is like H2O can be ice, water and steam :)

Except they are separate and distinct persons while being one God or you would be teaching modalism.

yes, but flowing water under the ice is also separate from that ice :D
and it also evaporates at the same time, although we do not see it.

I do not dispute the Trinity at all, I just provide the pretty simple and easily seen example to all those who deny possibility of the Trinity existence.

Actually every element can be in a hard, liquid and gaseous state, which, basically is a material proof of Trinity existence on the philosophical level.
but those are already the details of chemistry and physics.

Last edited:
I think the male gender pronoun is connected to the patriarchal structure of the human society and as such it gives the males more authority. It's not sexual matter but rather strength matter, so to say. but that is just my feeling on the issue :)

Can you accurately translate the scriptures without using masculine terms?

The Gender-Neutral Bible Controversy: Muting the Masculinity of God's Words Paperback
by Wayne A. Grudem (Author) , Vern Sheridan Poythress (Author)

This book describes how the modern feminist agenda has influenced the translators of the Bible, compelling them to mute the patriarchalism inherent in the ancient texts. It may be polite and politically correct today to avoid using the "generic he" and other masculine language in written documents. The authors assert, however, that translators cannot avoid masculine overtones and at the same time accurately translate the Scriptures.

Honestly I do not know.
First, English is not my native language. Second, not every scholar agrees on this or other interpretation of the ancient Greek and there are many passages of the Scriptures ( I don't know the Old Testament that much, but the New One quite a bit, although not the English variations)
Actually I don't like the quantity of English translations and traditional Kings James was already adapted for the Protestant, or rather, Anglican variation of reading it.

In order to really find for yourself, one would need to learn ancient Greek, Aramaic, Latin and some other local dialects.
One would also need to become a scholar in ancient Jewish ( of various tribes) customs - and that will take a lifetime :)

Do you really know what you are getting into? The people who create these debates argue form verses function or dynamic equivalency verses formal equivalency. Why is that? Because they don't believe God's words literally.

Satan said in Genesis 3:1 "...hath God said....?..."

The Importance of NOT adding to or subtracting from God’s words:

“Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.”-Deuteronomy 4:2

“What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.”-Deuteronomy 12:32

Deuteronomy 5:32 Ye shall observe to do therefore as the LORD your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.

“Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”-Proverbs 30:6

“Thus saith the Lord; Stand in the court of the Lord’s house, and speak unto all the cities of Judah, which come to worship in the Lord’s house, all the words that I command thee to speak unto them; diminish not a word:”-Jeremiah 26:2

“For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:”-Revelation 22:18

“And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and the things which are written in this book.”-Revelation 22:19

These warnings are not limited to one book. These warnings run throughout the whole Bible.

Do you think believers or unbelievers will get away with it?

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

myself, I can't bring myself to believe that God has anything so base as a gender...

Since God is the invisible Creator, it is non-gender.

1 John 1:1 ¶ That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
1 John 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1 John 1:1 ¶ That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
1 John 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us
1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Is God A "He"...?
"they have become like "US" knowing good and evil."-Genesis 3:22

If you didn't have a dictionary, where would you get the words?
You get the definitions from word analysis or from the context which is the same thing.

Genesis 3:22 ¶ And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

"the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil". The comparison is that we are like them by knowing good and evil. Nothing else was compared. Could man live forever without taking from the tree of life? No. Therefore you can't just read anything into the text because man can't live forever because man didn't eat from the tree of life. Therefore man isn't like God in all respects.

You have to consider what was said and not what you want it to say.

Forum List

Back