Is God competent or incompetent?

Funny how the non-believers have to continually prop each other up
You can't drive a mile in this country without passing a church.... you know, where you believers go to prop each other up. You really should think these things through before posting.
It is actually better than that.

It's been that way since the beginning of man.

You are the exception. We are the rule.

You are for sure and that rule includes Inquisitions and killing since you cannot argue well for the adoration of a genocidal son murdering God.

Your brethren used the sword because they could not use good moral arguments.

Regards
DL

I would say "incompetent" because He inspired a book, the Bible, that nobody thinks is true, i.e., that the 6 days aren't actual human days, that the flood never happened...
Every culture has an account of a great flood.

Correct, which shows that yours is just another flood where God was not involved. Unless you like the idea of his murdering so many innocent children and babies.

You do as you think such a prick to be good.

Regards
DL

his most ''important'' creation is extremely flawed

I agree in the sense that way too many of us have gone into intellectual and moral dissonance by believing in a lot of supernatural garbage.

Otherwise, we are quite good. Not that God had a hand in creating us.

Regards
DL
humans have been raping/warring/murdering/robbing/etc since the beginning of time

2000 years AFTER the GREAT-GOD jesus came, we had the greatest:
raping
warring
murder
robbing
DESTRUCTION
etc
which of course was WW2.......the world hasn't changed since jesus ''came''--in fact it got worse

Yeah, it almost seems like the world has been under a curse.

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations"

Jesus said, "Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war.

Inquisitions and Jihads, as promoted by religions that say they respect Jesus are doing what Jesus would want them to do.

Yet Christians adore that prick of a Jesus. Not that he exists.

Regards
DL
All knees will eventually bend. All. Every single one. :smile:

Get off your knees. Jesus has had enough of your lips.

Regards
DL

I concede God can't so "anything" (He can't sin),

So killing innocent children and babies is not a sin. Ok.

Thanks for showing us your moral sense. Yuk.

The "Tree" was a test. Adam and Eve flunked.

Why did God put Satan, or the talking serpent there, with his own power of persuasion running through her, if he did not want A & E to fail?

Have you not heard that Exultet hymn that call Adams sin a happy fault and a necessary sin?

How is becoming as Gods in the knowing of good and evil a fail?
but, since you can't understand the mind of God, your theory's are useless.

I agree that I cannot know the mind of a supernatural God. How is it that you can?

- Jesus is God to true Christians,

Jesus said that any true Christian could do all he did and more. What are you waiting for?

Also, if Jesus is God as you say, tell us where in scriptures it says that God can die?

And is it really death if one does not stay dead?

- God created Hell for Satan only. Those that follow Satan join him.

You contradict yourself. If hell is only for Satan, then your God gets a fail as you are saying he does not get his way as others follow Satan into hell. I cannot believe you are as unintelligent as you sound.

I honestly think you WANT someone to prove you wrong.

Actually, yes, but not for the reasons you think.

If wrong, I gain one of the great pleasures of life. I learn something new. All you provide is old garbage.

Regards
DL

I would say "incompetent" because He inspired a book, the Bible, that nobody thinks is true, i.e., that the 6 days aren't actual human days, that the flood never happened...
The bible's worldwide flood never happened. Noah never got 2 of every animal on his raft...
I'm pretty sure that there was a great flood. Every culture has recorded an account of one. A world wide flood? It was to them. They didn't know how big the world was.
So no worldwide flood, then the bible is wrong. Thanks.
Is that was what was important to you?

God created heaven that produced Satan. Fail.
- If God created other Gods just like him, it would be chaos. I concede God can't so "anything" (He can't sin), therefore, perhaps he can not create "Himself", which means that anything less is fallible.

God created Eden which produced Original Sin. Fail.
- No. Eden didn't produce it. The "Tree" was a test. Adam and Eve flunked.

God had to reboot creation with Noah’s flood. Fail.
- This is like saying if our children are not perfect, we failed as parents. Maybe YOU think God is wrong for not creating beings capable of "sin", but, since you can't understand the mind of God, your theory's are useless. You can't disproved God. You are better off just not believing and moving on.

God sent his son to forgive mankind instead of stepping up himself. Fail, for moral reasons.
- Jesus is God to true Christians, so, he DID send himself. Because you can not understand the Trinity does not make it not so.

God also had to create hell for his rejects which scriptures say will be the vast majority of us. Fail
- God created Hell for Satan only. Those that follow Satan join him.

The fact that you are so consumed with this makes me think you are actually search for a reason to believe.
I honestly think you WANT someone to prove you wrong.

God may oblige you.
God needs a better book.
Maybe he just needs you as his advisor, amirite?
my first advice:show yourself and stop being such a weenie.
What are you yammering about, Taz?

I agree in the sense that way too many of us have gone into intellectual and moral dissonance by believing in a lot of supernatural garbage.

Otherwise, we are quite good. Not that God had a hand in creating us.

Regards
DL
humans have been raping/warring/murdering/robbing/etc since the beginning of time

2000 years AFTER the GREAT-GOD jesus came, we had the greatest:
raping
warring
murder
robbing
DESTRUCTION
etc
which of course was WW2.......the world hasn't changed since jesus ''came''--in fact it got worse

Yeah, it almost seems like the world has been under a curse.

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations"

Jesus said, "Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war.

Inquisitions and Jihads, as promoted by religions that say they respect Jesus are doing what Jesus would want them to do.

Yet Christians adore that prick of a Jesus. Not that he exists.

Regards
DL
All knees will eventually bend. All. Every single one. :smile:

Get off your knees. Jesus has had enough of your lips.

Regards
DL
I feel pretty sorry for you, dude. You've got a fucked up job or belief system to be doing this shit.

Funny how the non-believers have to continually prop each other up
You can't drive a mile in this country without passing a church.... you know, where you believers go to prop each other up. You really should think these things through before posting.
It is actually better than that.

It's been that way since the beginning of man.

You are the exception. We are the rule.

You are for sure and that rule includes Inquisitions and killing since you cannot argue well for the adoration of a genocidal son murdering God.

Your brethren used the sword because they could not use good moral arguments.

Regards
DL
100% except he isn't a genocidal son murdering God like you say.

You have problems.

Correct, which shows that yours is just another flood where God was not involved. Unless you like the idea of his murdering so many innocent children and babies.

You do as you think such a prick to be good.

Regards
DL
No. It shows that you don't know what you are talking about and that you are messed up in the head.

The bible's worldwide flood never happened. Noah never got 2 of every animal on his raft...
I'm pretty sure that there was a great flood. Every culture has recorded an account of one. A world wide flood? It was to them. They didn't know how big the world was.
Yes. Trying to figure out if it’s true or not.

Congratulations then. You still got it wrong.

So the bible is true, but the story of the flood never happened as written?

We've had the discussion on allegory. Like ten times. Can't we just skip to the part where you ignore everything I say and then say it either never really happened or the Bible is wrong about how it happened and what it was?

We've had the discussion on allegory. Like ten times. Can't we just skip to the part where you ignore everything I say and then say it either never really happened or the Bible is wrong about how it happened and what it was?
If the bible is an allegory, then it's not true as written. Thanks for clearing that up. So Jesus never did anything special, it's all allegorical. And Mary wasn't a virgin... Got it.

If the bible is an allegory, then it's not true as written. Thanks for clearing that up. So Jesus never did anything special, it's all allegorical. And Mary wasn't a virgin... Got it.
I didn't say the Bible was allegory. There are several literary styles in the Bible. Allegory is one. They are allegorical events of actual events. The first eleven chapters are the history that is common to the world.

I didn't say the Bible was allegory. There are several literary styles in the Bible. Allegory is one. They are allegorical events of actual events. The first eleven chapters are the history that is common to the world.
The first chapter is history? You mean the story of Noah in chapter one? And some invisible dude taking 6 days to make everything?
So what's allegorical and what's not and who gets to decide? Science? When something is disproven to be possible it becomes allegorical? Like the resurrection?

The first chapter is history? You mean the story of Noah in chapter one? And some invisible dude taking 6 days to make everything?
So what's allegorical and what's not and who gets to decide? Science? When something is disproven to be possible it becomes allegorical? Like the resurrection?
No. Allegorical accounts of a shared history of everyone.

We don't need to do things like that. We leave that for you.

So Jesus is allegorical?

So Jesus is allegorical?
The person? No. Historical.

So Jesus is allegorical?
The person? No. Historical.
So how do you decide, and who decides what is allegorical and what isn't?

Forum List

Back