🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Homosexuality a Mental Disorder ?

DRIFTING : Chausette is just a Troll, he never has anything intelligent to add to any conversation, I wouldn't waste too much time with him.

You mean I OWN YOU, that's why you can't counter my arguments. Now you know.

Wow, you're a legend in your own Mind.. lets go back to the most recent posts Shall we ?

I am familiar with the article you posted a link to , it has stated the following ...

It then goes on to cite the Evelyn Hooker Study

Hooker's (1957) study was innovative in several important respects. First, rather than simply accepting the predominant view of homosexuality as pathology, she posed the question of whether homosexuals and heterosexuals differed in their psychological adjustment. Second, rather than studying psychiatric patients, she recruited a sample of homosexual men who were functioning normally in society. Third, she employed a procedure that asked experts to rate the adjustment of men without prior knowledge of their sexual orientation.

Hookers work has helped the homosexual movement in keeping with the Marxist theories from which it came - to convince judicial and legislative bodies such as the US Supreme Court that homosexuality comprises an oppressed "class" whose rights have been trampled by irrational prejudice. Homosexuality and the Politics of Truth

Here study was a Joke, it cannot be repeated using Scientific Objectivity, that is unbiased - not designed to arrive at a predetermined conclusion. Hookers "Study" was designed to arrive at a Predetermined result

Hookers Studies however were the product of a deliberate campaign by Gay activists to bring forward particular, pre-arranged outcomes, an approach that ignores scientific objectivity.

Objectivity is a basic philosophical concept, related to reality and truth. Objectivity means the state or quality of being true even outside of a subject's individual biases, interpretations, feelings, and imaginings. Scientific Objectivity is a value that informs how scientific studies are conducted and how scientific truths are arrived at. It is the idea that scientists, in attempting to uncover truths about the natural world, must aspire to eliminate personal biases, emotional involvement, etc ... Hookers Studies failed the most basic of Litmus tests regarding Objectivity. Hooker was an associate of the Mattachine Society and was lobbied and eventually convinced to conduct a research study of homosexuality for the sole purpose of advancing their Agenda.

The study, "The adjustment of the male overt homosexual", Hooker administered several standardized personality tests to two sets of men, the first group of 30 was homosexual and heavily screened by the Mattachine Society and the other heterosexual. The whole purpose of the study was to examine the instances of mental instability in homosexuals, However, individuals who showed the slightest signs of mental instability were excluded , it was not a random test and was designed to arrive at predetermined results.

The studies subjects were not randomly selected. on the contrary they were chosen and screened entirely by the Mattachine Society, an organization that Hooker herself admitted in the report had as its stated purpose " the development of a homosexual ethic in order to better integrate the homosexual into society." The heterosexual subjects were obtained from "community organizations" which she refused to divulge. The inadequacy of her methodology was even acknowledged by the Journal that published it.

More recent Studies conducted with Scientific Objectivity have produced entirely different results than the Hooker Study

Sexual minority status and psychotic symptoms

Dr. Apu Chakraborty of University College London, UK.

Hooker concluded her report by offering a set of "admissions" about the limitations of her study. In this section she concedes the possibility that homosexuals are indeed pathological, a point conveniently overlooked by the Gay Activists, but proven out by later and more reliable studies. So even though Dr. Hooker prostituted herself to the Mattachine Society, some element of the scientist had to shine through.

Dr. Evelyn Hooker - Prostituting Science for the Gay Agenda

YOU - have been unable to refute anything posted by Me - No my warped little monkey friend

YOU OWN ME !

Bitch
Mr copy&Paste, you posted that already, you forget?

Wow, you're a legend in your own Mind.. lets go back to the most recent posts Shall we ?

I am familiar with the article you posted a link to , it has stated the following ...

Hookers work has helped the homosexual movement in keeping with the Marxist theories from which it came - to convince judicial and legislative bodies such as the US Supreme Court that homosexuality comprises an oppressed "class" whose rights have been trampled by irrational prejudice. Homosexuality and the Politics of Truth

Here study was a Joke, it cannot be repeated using Scientific Objectivity, that is unbiased - not designed to arrive at a predetermined conclusion. Hookers "Study" was designed to arrive at a Predetermined result

Hookers Studies however were the product of a deliberate campaign by Gay activists to bring forward particular, pre-arranged outcomes, an approach that ignores scientific objectivity.

Objectivity is a basic philosophical concept, related to reality and truth. Objectivity means the state or quality of being true even outside of a subject's individual biases, interpretations, feelings, and imaginings. Scientific Objectivity is a value that informs how scientific studies are conducted and how scientific truths are arrived at. It is the idea that scientists, in attempting to uncover truths about the natural world, must aspire to eliminate personal biases, emotional involvement, etc ... Hookers Studies failed the most basic of Litmus tests regarding Objectivity. Hooker was an associate of the Mattachine Society and was lobbied and eventually convinced to conduct a research study of homosexuality for the sole purpose of advancing their Agenda.

The study, "The adjustment of the male overt homosexual", Hooker administered several standardized personality tests to two sets of men, the first group of 30 was homosexual and heavily screened by the Mattachine Society and the other heterosexual. The whole purpose of the study was to examine the instances of mental instability in homosexuals, However, individuals who showed the slightest signs of mental instability were excluded , it was not a random test and was designed to arrive at predetermined results.

The studies subjects were not randomly selected. on the contrary they were chosen and screened entirely by the Mattachine Society, an organization that Hooker herself admitted in the report had as its stated purpose " the development of a homosexual ethic in order to better integrate the homosexual into society." The heterosexual subjects were obtained from "community organizations" which she refused to divulge. The inadequacy of her methodology was even acknowledged by the Journal that published it.

More recent Studies conducted with Scientific Objectivity have produced entirely different results than the Hooker Study

Hooker concluded her report by offering a set of "admissions" about the limitations of her study. In this section she concedes the possibility that homosexuals are indeed pathological, a point conveniently overlooked by the Gay Activists, but proven out by later and more reliable studies. So even though Dr. Hooker prostituted herself to the Mattachine Society, some element of the scientist had to shine through.

YOU - have been unable to refute anything posted by Me - No my warped little monkey friend

YOU OWN ME !

Bitch

Yes - I did - and you were unable to refute it , so you resorted to Childish antics and deflections in a weak attempt to cloak your ignorance . The fact of the matter is Chaussy- you little Moron, - If I post anything over a single paragraph - It's goes way over your head ,you have a mental meltdown.

Apparently you have a low boiling point in relation to your mental melt downs- that's a sure sign of a weak mind . Let me cut this short - as I wouldn't want to befuddle you again.

YOU OWN ME !

Bitch

Yes - I did - and you were unable to refute it , so you resorted to Childish antics and deflections in a weak attempt to cloak your ignorance . The fact of the matter is Chaussy- you little Moron, - If I post anything over a single paragraph - It's goes way over your head ,you have a mental meltdown.

Apparently you have a low boiling point in relation to your mental melt downs- that's a sure sign of a weak mind . Let me cut this short - as I wouldn't want to befuddle you again.
No, it's that if you can't make your point in a short-ish paragraph that isn't a bunch of copy&paste, then I won't read it. Now you know. Please try again.

No, it's that if you can't make your point in a short-ish paragraph that isn't a bunch of copy&paste, then I won't read it. Now you know. Please try again.

You just Clinched it Chausette - Way too complicated for you. It's there for you, perhaps way over your head, but it's there.

READ UP or SHUT UP

You just Clinched it Chausette - Way too complicated for you. It's there for you, perhaps way over your head, but it's there.

READ UP or SHUT UP

You can't even make your own point and you expect me to read your copy&paste? You must be new here. :lol:

READ UP or SHUT UP

You can't even make your own point and you expect me to read your copy&paste? You must be new here. :lol:

No actually you are your join date shows Feb. 2014 - So are you a banned sock puppet that got reincarnated ?

Hey CONNERY I think you need to check this avatar out

Really, lads, it is not necessary to copy every previous post to make your point. Just say it and be done.

YOU OWN ME !

Bitch

:eusa_shhh: He's getting in touch with his artistic side, :happy-1:

READ UP or SHUT UP

No actually you are your join date shows Feb. 2014 - So are you a banned sock puppet that got reincarnated ?

Hey CONNERY I think you need to check this avatar out

Ohhh, he DOES have you peeved - running and whining to the mods. Pathetic.

Psychology and Psychiatry are focused on what is "normal."

The historical reason why phychiatry cosidered homosexual orientation to be "abnormal" was that it flies in the face of biological reality. In short, the penis, testes, and so on have a reproductive purpose, defined clearly in nature. Semen has a natural purpose.

Homosexual acts use male reproductive organs (and mainly parts of the digestive system) in ways that are contrary to their obvious natural functions. There is nothing normal about a man sticking his penis up another man's ass in a bizarre parody of sexual intercourse. The that fact that it is physically possible does not make it "natural" or "normal"; it's possible to simulate sexual intercourse with a wide variety of animals and plants. So what? I've heard homosexuals make the argument that since it is (and I have to take this entirely on faith) "pleasant" to be the buggee, that means it must be normal to bugger. Baloney.

Homosexuality is the inexplicable desire on the part of a man to "copulate" with other men. Since this copulation is biologically abnormal, then by necessity the sexual urge to do it must be psychologically abnormal, and if it is abnormal then it should be treatable from a psychiatric standpoint.

But it is not difficult to see why the APA decided to "concede the point," so to speak. Many, if not most homosexuals, do not consider themselves to be "flawed," and even if they do, they prefer their homosexual orientation. Consider: a homosexual can go out to any gay bar in the country and "get laid" on any night he chooses. What heterosexual can say the same?

so straight men and women who only engage in oral sex, are mentally ill and abnormal?

your prejudice against Gays is pretty clear.

Dear Victory 67:

I am unaware of any male or female heterosexuals who exclusively engage in oral sex. But if there were such people, they would be abnormal in the extreme. And in fact, it does seem a little neurotic to me.

Are you truly so stupid that you cannot distinguish between finding certain behavior morally repugnant and hating the people who engage in it?

I know many people who are fornicators; some them are friends of mine. I believe fornication is sinful. Do you suppose that I hate these people? I know many gluttons, people who abuse alcohol and/or prescription drugs, people who routinely cheat on their taxes, and people who have defrauded insurance companies. I do not hate any of them because of their conduct, although I think their conduct is a negative reflection on their character.

I have a cornucopia of sinful behavior in my own background, which is why I am reluctant to "hate" anyone for their sins.

"Prejudice" implies a pre-judgment in the absence of rational cause. If I am prejudiced against Croatians, I dislike them before I know anything about them.

If I meet someone whom I know to have been convicted to multiple instances of child sexual abuse, would it be OK with you if I were negatively inclined toward them before actually meeting them? Or would that make me "prejudiced"? Is my prejudice wrong?

If I am introduced to two guys who are "married" (and I have been), pardon me if I think it unlikely that I'm going to be lifelong friends with them. Maybe I will, but there is, shall we say, one strike against it.

So flog me.

Dear Victory 67:

I am unaware of any male or female heterosexuals who exclusively engage in oral sex. But if there were such people, they would be abnormal in the extreme. And in fact, it does seem a little neurotic to me.

Are you truly so stupid that you cannot distinguish between finding certain behavior morally repugnant and hating the people who engage in it?

Immoral behavior is acts that hurt other people. Anal sex doesn't hurt anyone especially when its consensual. Many straight couples engage in anal sex.

Do you consider straight couples that engage in anal sex and oral sex, to be "immoral"?

Thread cleaned. Back on topic gents. Thank you!

BACK ON TOPIC

The last firestorm started with the Topic of Evelyn Hookers long since debunked Study which attempted to prove that Homosexuals were , their sexual orientation aside, otherwise perfectly normal Human Beings. Science has proven this to be a baseless politically motivated fabrication.

"The adjustment of the male overt homosexual"

Hookers Studies however were the product of a deliberate campaign by Gay activists to bring forward particular, pre-arranged outcomes, an approach that ignores scientific objectivity. .... It is the idea that scientists, in attempting to uncover truths about the natural world, must aspire to eliminate personal biases, emotional involvement, etc ... Hookers Studies failed the most basic of Litmus tests regarding Objectivity. .....

The studies subjects were not randomly selected. on the contrary they were chosen and screened entirely by the Mattachine Society, an organization that Hooker herself admitted in the report had as its stated purpose " the development of a homosexual ethic in order to better integrate the homosexual into society." ... The inadequacy of her methodology was even acknowledged by the Journal that published it.

Hooker concluded her report by offering a set of "admissions" about the limitations of her study. In this section she concedes the possibility that homosexuals are indeed pathological

Dr. Evelyn Hooker

More recent, peer reviewed and objective Studies have clearly demonstrated that Homosexuals are indeed Psychologically disturbed to say the least. Is there no one capable of refuting this {Of course NOT - because it's FACT.}

Last edited:
Dear Drifting Sand:
I would make a distinction between people
who identify homosexually due to SPIRITUAL reasons, birth or conditioning or both,
and people who were abused sexually and became that way from unnatural causes.
This second type is the one where I know of people personally who help abuse victims to
heal after they resolved the abuse issues where some return to their natural state by birth.

The American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder in 1973 only after years of political pressure from gay activists. The American Psychiatric association board of trustees passed this decision followed by a statement which listed among the reasons for their decision as changing social norms and growing gay rights activism . So basically, a scientific institution was coerced into changing a scientific opinion or classification due to political pressure !

Removing homosexuality from the list of mental illnesses was not triggered by some scientific breakthrough. There was no new fact or set of facts that stimulated this major change. Rather, it was the simple reality that gay people started to kick up a fuss.

In subsequent years the APA has become so politicized , that it has lost any credibility as a Scientific organization and in the words of one former APA President it is totally "Beholden to the Gay Rights Movement"

Myself and many others , who for fear of reprisals remain silent believe that Homosexuality is and always has been a Mental Disorder and Homosexuals should not be deterred from seeking Psychological / Psychiatric Help.

Homosexuality is certainly a disorder but I'm not certain if it's mental or spiritual (or a little of both). There may be several factors that might lead an otherwise normal young man to fall into the nightmarish trap of homosexuality.

1) Peer pressure.
2) Absent father due to divorce or some other reason. A boy may be overly "mothered" and live his life without a good example set by a strong father figure.
3) Poor diet leading to a hormonal imbalance.
4) Lack of spiritual balance or training growing up. Public schools frown upon the Bible and prayer so a boy may never know what the consequences of unrepentant sin are.
5) Public misinformation concerning the homosexual disorder. "Progressive" school teachers and politicians coupled with a far left media love to extol the "virtues" of homosexuality in an attempt to make it appear "normal" and acceptable. Impressionable children who only hear one side of the argument can be easily duped into believing that lie.
6) I suppose that bullying and force may cause some young men to participate in homosexual activities while fear and shame keep them there.

Dear Drifting Sand:
I would make a distinction between people
who identify homosexually due to SPIRITUAL reasons, birth or conditioning or both,
and people who were abused sexually and became that way from unnatural causes.
This second type is the one where I know of people personally who help abuse victims to
heal after they resolved the abuse issues where some return to their natural state by birth.

It's good to know that there are caring folks in the world who are taking the time and effort to help them who are damaged. They, as well as the victims, need our fervent prayers. Perhaps someone who's healed of homosexuality can help the next person lost in that sin. Homosexuality is but one of America's national/social sins. Our nation, as a whole, needs our prayers for a bucket full of sins. Divorce, drug abuse, alcoholism, child abuse, general promiscuity, abortion, and the list goes on. May the Holy Spirit reach into the hearts and minds of His lost souls and bring them home.

"Immorality" is not entirely determined by whether conduct harms someone. That is a fatuous and empty view.

Lust harms no one. Envy harms no one. Gluttony harms no one other than oneself. The same might be said for most forms of drug and substance abuse. Greed harms no one, and in fact may be beneficial to society; many doctors practice their trade excessively (80 hrs/wk) largely out of greed.

Homosexual sodomy is has been almost universally condemned by every recognized religious community for eons, and remains "sinful" for most. The fact that it arguably harms no one is no rebuttal to its immorality.

In my personal view, various forms of sodomy, in the context of a normal marriage relationship, are morally neutral. My view is at odds with the teachings of my church.

"Immorality" is not entirely determined by whether conduct harms someone. That is a fatuous and empty view.

Lust harms no one. Envy harms no one. Gluttony harms no one other than oneself. The same might be said for most forms of drug and substance abuse. Greed harms no one, and in fact may be beneficial to society; many doctors practice their trade excessively (80 hrs/wk) largely out of greed.

Homosexual sodomy is has been almost universally condemned by every recognized religious community for eons, and remains "sinful" for most. The fact that it arguably harms no one is no rebuttal to its immorality.

In my personal view, various forms of sodomy, in the context of a normal marriage relationship, are morally neutral. My view is at odds with the teachings of my church.

Those that deny the truth of God's word about sick sexual perversion abomination or anything else are in BIG TROUBLE ON JUDGMENT DAY!!

Forum List

Back