🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Homosexuality a Mental Disorder ?

Beaner, I'm worried about you, you're way too obsessed with gays and what they do with their pants down. If you can't get the thought of two guys sweating under the sheet together out of your mind, you know what that probably means, don't you?

Chausette - do you have anything intelligent to add , or just more of what you've been programmed to do - call all opponents Homophobes .

Can you cite ANYTHING that would support your belief that queers are not Mentally disturbed ... Come on now try and think outside the box ... you can do it ... don't worry about what Big Brother tells you ..... MAN UP Bro ! .... Oh wait -I forgot ... you can't your not really a Man are you ?
I'm wondering what your professional background is. Are you a psychiatrist? Are you involved in psychological studies? Do you have any professional credentials to support scientific studies which might bolster your claims?

Or do you argue from genuine ignorance and personal animus and anecdote?

You demand everyone support their arguments against your unfounded position that homosexuality is a mental disorder. It is apparant that the heavy lifting on the subject has been done by those qualified to make the call. You, on the other hand, seem to be relying on opinion.

Beaner, I'm worried about you, you're way too obsessed with gays and what they do with their pants down. If you can't get the thought of two guys sweating under the sheet together out of your mind, you know what that probably means, don't you?

Chausette - do you have anything intelligent to add , or just more of what you've been programmed to do - call all opponents Homophobes .

Can you cite ANYTHING that would support your belief that queers are not Mentally disturbed ... Come on now try and think outside the box ... you can do it ... don't worry about what Big Brother tells you ..... MAN UP Bro ! .... Oh wait -I forgot ... you can't your not really a Man are you ?
"Homosexuality is no longer considered a form of mental illness by mainstream psychologists and psychiatrists."
Homosexuality and Mental Health

Just google it, there are tons of links. Sorry, you lose, loser. :lol:

"Homosexuality is no longer considered a form of mental illness by mainstream psychologists and psychiatrists."

I am familiar with the article you posted a link to , it has stated the following ...

Although psychoanalytic theories of homosexuality once had considerable influence in psychiatry and in the larger culture, they were not subjected to rigorous empirical testing. Instead, they were based on analysts' clinical observations of patients already known by them to be homosexual.

It then goes on to cite the Evelyn Hooker Study

Hooker's (1957) study was innovative in several important respects. First, rather than simply accepting the predominant view of homosexuality as pathology, she posed the question of whether homosexuals and heterosexuals differed in their psychological adjustment. Second, rather than studying psychiatric patients, she recruited a sample of homosexual men who were functioning normally in society. Third, she employed a procedure that asked experts to rate the adjustment of men without prior knowledge of their sexual orientation.

Hookers work has helped the homosexual movement in keeping with the Marxist theories from which it came - to convince judicial and legislative bodies such as the US Supreme Court that homosexuality comprises an oppressed "class" whose rights have been trampled by irrational prejudice. Homosexuality and the Politics of Truth

Here study was a Joke, it cannot be repeated using Scientific Objectivity, that is unbiased - not designed to arrive at a predetermined conclusion. Hookers "Study" was designed to arrive at a Predetermined result

Hookers Studies however were the product of a deliberate campaign by Gay activists to bring forward particular, pre-arranged outcomes, an approach that ignores scientific objectivity.

Objectivity is a basic philosophical concept, related to reality and truth. Objectivity means the state or quality of being true even outside of a subject's individual biases, interpretations, feelings, and imaginings. Scientific Objectivity is a value that informs how scientific studies are conducted and how scientific truths are arrived at. It is the idea that scientists, in attempting to uncover truths about the natural world, must aspire to eliminate personal biases, emotional involvement, etc ... Hookers Studies failed the most basic of Litmus tests regarding Objectivity. Hooker was an associate of the Mattachine Society and was lobbied and eventually convinced to conduct a research study of homosexuality for the sole purpose of advancing their Agenda.

The study, "The adjustment of the male overt homosexual", Hooker administered several standardized personality tests to two sets of men, the first group of 30 was homosexual and heavily screened by the Mattachine Society and the other heterosexual. The whole purpose of the study was to examine the instances of mental instability in homosexuals, However, individuals who showed the slightest signs of mental instability were excluded , it was not a random test and was designed to arrive at predetermined results.

The studies subjects were not randomly selected. on the contrary they were chosen and screened entirely by the Mattachine Society, an organization that Hooker herself admitted in the report had as its stated purpose " the development of a homosexual ethic in order to better integrate the homosexual into society." The heterosexual subjects were obtained from "community organizations" which she refused to divulge. The inadequacy of her methodology was even acknowledged by the Journal that published it.

More recent Studies conducted with Scientific Objectivity have produced entirely different results than the Hooker Study

Sexual minority status and psychotic symptoms

Dr. Apu Chakraborty of University College London, UK.

Hooker concluded her report by offering a set of "admissions" about the limitations of her study. In this section she concedes the possibility that homosexuals are indeed pathological, a point conveniently overlooked by the Gay Activists, but proven out by later and more reliable studies. So even though Dr. Hooker prostituted herself to the Mattachine Society, some element of the scientist had to shine through.

Dr. Evelyn Hooker - Prostituting Science for the Gay Agenda

Last edited:

I'm wondering what your professional background is. Are you a psychiatrist? Are you involved in psychological studies? Do you have any professional credentials to support scientific studies which might bolster your claims?

Or do you argue from genuine ignorance and personal animus and anecdote?

You demand everyone support their arguments against your unfounded position that homosexuality is a mental disorder. It is apparant that the heavy lifting on the subject has been done by those qualified to make the call. You, on the other hand, seem to be relying on opinion.

My credentials will not be addressed here as they would lend a hand to those that wish to cause me harm in my field - The Liberal Socio-Facist and Queer Agenda has long tentacles.

I suggest you stick to addressing the facts, debating the OP and not attempt to delve into the personal affairs of the debaters.

AS for those courageous enough to make themselves known and "those qualified to make the call" - I would like to salute Dr. Nicholas Cummings, One of the Authors of the 70s APA motion to remove Homosexuality from the DSM - He is a Gay rights advocate but not indebted or "owned" by anyone.

Former president of APA says organization controlled by ‘gay rights’ movement

A former president of the American Psychological Association (APA), who also introduced the motion to declassify homosexuality as a mental illness in 1975, says that the APA has been taken over by “ultraliberals” beholden to the “gay rights movement,”

.... Cummings says that he personally is not in opposition to the homosexual movement, including gay “marriage,” pointing out that he was the author of the motion to strike homosexuality from the APA’s list of mental illnesses. However, he is distressed at the loss of scientific objectivity at the organization.

Cummings has also stated that most work derived from the APA and dealing with Homosexuals in recent years is heavily tainted - and devoid of Scientific Objectivity.

I do not see eye to eye with Dr. Cummings on all issues - but salute his bravery and lust for Truth

Last edited:

I am familiar with the article you posted a link to , it has stated the following ...

Hooker's (1957) study was innovative in several important respects. First, rather than simply accepting the predominant view of homosexuality as pathology, she posed the question of whether homosexuals and heterosexuals differed in their psychological adjustment. Second, rather than studying psychiatric patients, she recruited a sample of homosexual men who were functioning normally in society. Third, she employed a procedure that asked experts to rate the adjustment of men without prior knowledge of their sexual orientation.

Hookers work has helped the homosexual movement in keeping with the Marxist theories from which it came - to convince judicial and legislative bodies such as the US Supreme Court that homosexuality comprises an oppressed "class" whose rights have been trampled by irrational prejudice. Homosexuality and the Politics of Truth

Here study was a Joke, it cannot be repeated using Scientific Objectivity, that is unbiased - not designed to arrive at a predetermined conclusion. Hookers "Study" was designed to arrive at a Predetermined result

Hookers Studies however were the product of a deliberate campaign by Gay activists to bring forward particular, pre-arranged outcomes, an approach that ignores scientific objectivity.

Objectivity is a basic philosophical concept, related to reality and truth. Objectivity means the state or quality of being true even outside of a subject's individual biases, interpretations, feelings, and imaginings. Scientific Objectivity is a value that informs how scientific studies are conducted and how scientific truths are arrived at. It is the idea that scientists, in attempting to uncover truths about the natural world, must aspire to eliminate personal biases, emotional involvement, etc ... Hookers Studies failed the most basic of Litmus tests regarding Objectivity. Hooker was an associate of the Mattachine Society and was lobbied and eventually convinced to conduct a research study of homosexuality for the sole purpose of advancing their Agenda.

The study, "The adjustment of the male overt homosexual", Hooker administered several standardized personality tests to two sets of men, the first group of 30 was homosexual and heavily screened by the Mattachine Society and the other heterosexual. The whole purpose of the study was to examine the instances of mental instability in homosexuals, However, individuals who showed the slightest signs of mental instability were excluded , it was not a random test and was designed to arrive at predetermined results.

The studies subjects were not randomly selected. on the contrary they were chosen and screened entirely by the Mattachine Society, an organization that Hooker herself admitted in the report had as its stated purpose " the development of a homosexual ethic in order to better integrate the homosexual into society." The heterosexual subjects were obtained from "community organizations" which she refused to divulge. The inadequacy of her methodology was even acknowledged by the Journal that published it.

More recent Studies conducted with Scientific Objectivity have produced entirely different results than the Hooker Study

Hooker concluded her report by offering a set of "admissions" about the limitations of her study. In this section she concedes the possibility that homosexuals are indeed pathological, a point conveniently overlooked by the Gay Activists, but proven out by later and more reliable studies. So even though Dr. Hooker prostituted herself to the Mattachine Society, some element of the scientist had to shine through.

Until 1974, being gay was considered a mental disorder, but not since. Only you are stuck in the past.

Until 1974, being gay was considered a mental disorder, but not since. Only you are stuck in the past.

You obviously didn't read anything I posted , or , if you made the attempt, it's probably beyond your level of comprehension. If you are incapable of thinking outside the box that the Socio-Fascist Liberal Mob has designed for you - than why do you even bother ?

Do you ever have independent thoughts that are truly your own - not simply what you've been programmed to believe ?

Do you know what Scientific Objectivity is ?

Do YOU have any scientific background ? If you don't it doesn't mean you aren't qualified to debate here, but kindly refrain from posing blatant ignorance and please do attempt to refute using un-biased factual evidence.

I used to consider myself a Christian, till I got involved in researching the origins of the Bible and theological history, at which point I dropped my "Christian" moniker because I am able to think outside the box CAN YOU ?

Sorry, Chaussy - but I am not going to stoop to your level of factual ignorance .

You obviously didn't read anything I posted , or , if you made the attempt, it's probably beyond your level of comprehension. If you are incapable of thinking outside the box that the Socio-Fascist Liberal Mob has designed for you - than why do you even bother ?

Do you ever have independent thoughts that are truly your own - not simply what you've been programmed to believe ?

Do YOU have any scientific background ? If you don't it doesn't mean you aren't qualified to debate here, but kindly refrain from posing blatant ignorance and please do attempt to refute using un-biased factual evidence.

I used to consider myself a Christian, till I got involved in researching the origins of the Bible and theological history, at which point I dropped my "Christian" moniker because I am able to think outside the box CAN YOU ?

Sorry, Chaussy - but I am not going to stoop to your level of factual ignorance .
Scientists have determined that being gay is not a mental disorder. Sorry, you lose again, loser.

Scientists have determined that being gay is not a mental disorder. Sorry, you lose again, loser.

No SCIENTISTS have not come to that conclusion - Once again your ignorance of reality is overwhelming . POLITICAL ACTIVISTS have come to that conclusion but Never True Scientists.

“Our study confirms earlier work carried out in the UK, USA and Holland which suggests that non-heterosexual people are at higher risk of mental disorder, suicidal ideation, substance misuse and self-harm than heterosexual people.”

From a true and unbiased Scientist Dr. Apu Chakraborty of University College London, UK.

Higher Risk of Mental Health Problems for Homosexuals | Psych Central

No SCIENTISTS have not come to that conclusion - Once again your ignorance of reality is overwhelming . POLITICAL ACTIVISTS have come to that conclusion but Never True Scientists.

“Our study confirms earlier work carried out in the UK, USA and Holland which suggests that non-heterosexual people are at higher risk of mental disorder, suicidal ideation, substance misuse and self-harm than heterosexual people.”

From a true and unbiased Scientist Dr. Apu Chakraborty of University College London, UK.

Give it up you homophobic loser. Do you have any windows in your closet? Scientists think you should get some light.

Give it up you homophobic loser. Do you have any windows in your closet? Scientists think you should get some light.

Rahl

You can't address the facts ? Are you afraid of something, are you afraid that you might be a Mental Case / Fruit Cake

Your intellectual inferiority is evident -LMFAO :tongue:

Please do prove your mental status as well --- please do keep keep posting :cuckoo:

Last edited:
The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.” 17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. SICK SEXUAL PERVERSION IS AN ABOMINATION!!
1 corinthians 6;13-20

GOD'S WORD SAYS===The unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:911

Homosexual people tend to experience more mental health problems than heterosexual people, research indicates. Discrimination may contribute to the higher risk, believes lead researcher Dr. Apu Chakraborty of University College London, UK.

His team looked at rates of mental disorder among 7,403 adults living in the UK, whose details were obtained from the Adult Psychiatric Morbidity Survey 2007. Rates of depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, phobia, self-harm, suicidal thoughts, and alcohol and drug dependence were significantly higher in homosexual respondents.

Truth Hurts doesn't it ?

Let me throw a little more pain your way :razz:

“Overwhelming evidence supports the belief that homosexuality is a sexual deviancy often accompanied by disorders that have dire consequences for our culture,” wrote Steve Baldwin in, “Child Molestation and the Homosexual Movement,” soon to be published by the Regent University Law Review.

Baldwin’s research is substantiated in a recently completed body of work written by Dr. Judith Reisman, president of the Institute for Media Education and author of numerous authoritative books debunking sexual myths, including “Kinsey, Crimes & Consequences.”

In her thesis – also written for the Regent University Law Review – Reisman cited psychologist Eugene Abel, whose research found that homosexuals “sexually molest young boys with an incidence that is occurring from five times greater than the molestation of girls. …”

Abel also found that non-incarcerated “child molesters admitted from 23.4 to 281.7 acts per offender … whose targets were males.”

“The rate of homosexual versus heterosexual child sexual abuse is staggering,” said Reisman, who was the principal investigator for an $800,000 Justice Department grant studying child pornography and violence. “Abel’s data of 150.2 boys abused per male homosexual offender finds no equal (yet) in heterosexual violations of 19.8 girls.”

Should I twist the knife a tad more, or perhaps I can rub some salt into your wounds for you :funnyface:

The American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder in 1973 only after years of political pressure from gay activists. The American Psychiatric association board of trustees passed this decision followed by a statement which listed among the reasons for their decision as changing social norms and growing gay rights activism . So basically, a scientific institution was coerced into changing a scientific opinion or classification due to political pressure !

Removing homosexuality from the list of mental illnesses was not triggered by some scientific breakthrough. There was no new fact or set of facts that stimulated this major change. Rather, it was the simple reality that gay people started to kick up a fuss.

In subsequent years the APA has become so politicized , that it has lost any credibility as a Scientific organization and in the words of one former APA President it is totally "Beholden to the Gay Rights Movement"

Myself and many others , who for fear of reprisals remain silent believe that Homosexuality is and always has been a Mental Disorder and Homosexuals should not be deterred from seeking Psychological / Psychiatric Help.

Homosexuality is certainly a disorder but I'm not certain if it's mental or spiritual (or a little of both). There may be several factors that might lead an otherwise normal young man to fall into the nightmarish trap of homosexuality.

1) Peer pressure.
2) Absent father due to divorce or some other reason. A boy may be overly "mothered" and live his life without a good example set by a strong father figure.
3) Poor diet leading to a hormonal imbalance.
4) Lack of spiritual balance or training growing up. Public schools frown upon the Bible and prayer so a boy may never know what the consequences of unrepentant sin are.
5) Public misinformation concerning the homosexual disorder. "Progressive" school teachers and politicians coupled with a far left media love to extol the "virtues" of homosexuality in an attempt to make it appear "normal" and acceptable. Impressionable children who only hear one side of the argument can be easily duped into believing that lie.
6) I suppose that bullying and force may cause some young men to participate in homosexual activities while fear and shame keep them there.

The American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder in 1973 only after years of political pressure from gay activists. The American Psychiatric association board of trustees passed this decision followed by a statement which listed among the reasons for their decision as changing social norms and growing gay rights activism . So basically, a scientific institution was coerced into changing a scientific opinion or classification due to political pressure !

Removing homosexuality from the list of mental illnesses was not triggered by some scientific breakthrough. There was no new fact or set of facts that stimulated this major change. Rather, it was the simple reality that gay people started to kick up a fuss.

In subsequent years the APA has become so politicized , that it has lost any credibility as a Scientific organization and in the words of one former APA President it is totally "Beholden to the Gay Rights Movement"

Myself and many others , who for fear of reprisals remain silent believe that Homosexuality is and always has been a Mental Disorder and Homosexuals should not be deterred from seeking Psychological / Psychiatric Help.

Homosexuality is certainly a disorder but I'm not certain if it's mental or spiritual (or a little of both). There may be several factors that might lead an otherwise normal young man to fall into the nightmarish trap of homosexuality.

1) Peer pressure.
2) Absent father due to divorce or some other reason. A boy may be overly "mothered" and live his life without a good example set by a strong father figure.
4) Lack of spiritual balance or training growing up. Public schools frown upon the Bible and prayer so a boy may never know what the consequences of unrepentant sin are.
5) Public misinformation concerning the homosexual disorder. "Progressive" school teachers and politicians coupled with a far left media love to extol the "virtues" of homosexuality in an attempt to make it appear "normal" and acceptable. Impressionable children who only hear one side of the argument can be easily duped into believing that lie.
6) I suppose that bullying and force may cause some young men to participate in homosexual activities while fear and shame keep them there.

But what makes YOU so obsessed with gays?

PS my fave: "poor diet". :lmao:

1) Peer pressure.

I'm not. Just feel sorry for anyone stuck in unrepentant sin.

As for "poor diet?" Read again what I said: "... several factors that might lead ..."

You have a tendency to misread folks posts and jump to your own conclusions.

Hormonal imbalance is quite common and can lead to depression; bipolar disorder; etc. Doctors commonly prescribe medicines or suggest improved diets all the time to help curb that disorder. So, it's possible that diet could be a contributing factor where the homosexual disorder is concerned.
However, diet may not have anything at all do with the homosexual disorder in every case or even in most cases. It could simply be a man's desire to sin as a result of his rejection of God and God's Word.

Last edited:

1) Peer pressure.

As for "poor diet?" Read again what I said: "... several factors that might lead ..."

Hormonal imbalance is quite common and can lead to depression; bipolar disorder; etc. Doctors commonly prescribe medicines or suggest improved diets all the time to help curb that disorder. So, it's possible that diet could be a contributing factor where the homosexual disorder is concerned.
However, diet may not have anything at all do with the homosexual disorder in every case or even in most cases. It could simply be a man's desire to sin as a result of his rejection of God and God's Word.

DRIFTING : Chausette is just a Troll, he never has anything intelligent to add to any conversation, I wouldn't waste too much time with him.

DRIFTING : Chausette is just a Troll, he never has anything intelligent to add to any conversation, I wouldn't waste too much time with him.

You mean I OWN YOU, that's why you can't counter my arguments. Now you know.

You mean I OWN YOU, that's why you can't counter my arguments. Now you know.

Wow, you're a legend in your own Mind.. lets go back to the most recent posts Shall we ?

Although psychoanalytic theories of homosexuality once had considerable influence in psychiatry and in the larger culture, they were not subjected to rigorous empirical testing. Instead, they were based on analysts' clinical observations of patients already known by them to be homosexual.

YOU - have been unable to refute anything posted by Me - No my warped little monkey friend

I OWN YOU !

Bitch

Forum List

Back