Is, is today NOVEMBER 8th!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps it has escaped your notice but morons constantly praise Obama's policies.

Well, I DID help you get off that fence you like to "think" others believe you sit on.....
Sitting on the fence is for droids that can't decide which partisan letter to put behind their names.

How was the economy under Obama in 2016???.........LOL

Uh-huh.... so now you're going to prove that you're another moron that constantly praises Obama policies?

No need, that point was proven long ago.

gonna be hard to have a "good" discussion with you if your mind is made up on crime families being R and D and that's life, deal with it.
It's not "hard" if you have a reason & evidence based argument for an opposing viewpoint, so far you haven't tried very hard to formulate one.

we've been around 240+ years and not all of them have been divisive now have they? last time it was almost this bad was late 60s, early 70s and we worked through that one. this is just a shining example of us as a country at our worst. whether we survive this or not is still up to us.
Your optimism is admirable, however given that we have entered an era unlike any that has come before particularly with respect to financial risks, expansion of central government power and the sophistication of the public opinion manipulation apparatus I fear it is misplaced and might warrant some reevaluation.
you're right. i haven't.

you can't really do that in a subjective time like this, so i won't bother trying to prove a state of mind i have. you either understand it or you don't.

you don't.

and even if i grit my teeth, clench my fists and cry out YOU SUCK like so many others, what changes? other than i'm now pissed off a lot more than i used to be?

Lol, stupid snowflake.

This happens with every generation. I was a democrat when I was young. I voted for Jimmy Carter with my first vote. When we grow up and get smart, we vote conservative.

Speak for yourself. I may have become more fiscally conservative but socially quite a bit more liberal.

Actually have libertarian leanings at present. My first vote was for Reagan in 1980.

No one is more conservative than Libertarians. True conservative. You make my point.

gonna be hard to have a "good" discussion with you if your mind is made up on crime families being R and D and that's life, deal with it.
It's not "hard" if you have a reason & evidence based argument for an opposing viewpoint, so far you haven't tried very hard to formulate one.

we've been around 240+ years and not all of them have been divisive now have they? last time it was almost this bad was late 60s, early 70s and we worked through that one. this is just a shining example of us as a country at our worst. whether we survive this or not is still up to us.
Your optimism is admirable, however given that we have entered an era unlike any that has come before particularly with respect to financial risks, expansion of central government power and the sophistication of the public opinion manipulation apparatus I fear it is misplaced and might warrant some reevaluation.
you're right. i haven't.

you can't really do that in a subjective time like this, so i won't bother trying to prove a state of mind i have. you either understand it or you don't.

you don't.

and even if i grit my teeth, clench my fists and cry out YOU SUCK like so many others, what changes? other than i'm now pissed off a lot more than i used to be?

The act of formulating a reason and evidence based argument forces you to challenge your own strongly held beliefs, the benefits of which are twofold:

a. You might discover that your own internal biases have steered you in the wrong direction (as long as you don't succumb to the confirmation bias affliction while doing it).
b. Barring A. refining your argument makes you more adapt at convincing others that your viewpoint is correct

Refusing to even try just helps convince others that you're either not very confident in your own viewpoints or that you're incapable of defending them effectively.

In any case, you're right, this forum offers only a very limited mode of doing that. ;)

you're right. i haven't.

you don't.

The act of formulating a reason and evidence based argument forces you to challenge your own strongly held beliefs, the benefits of which are twofold:

a. You might discover that your own internal biases have steered you in the wrong direction (as long as you don't succumb to the confirmation bias affliction while doing it).
b. Barring A. refining your argument makes you more adapt at convincing others that your viewpoint is correct

Refusing to even try just helps convince others that you're either not very confident in your own viewpoints or that you're incapable of defending them effectively.

In any case, you're right, this forum offers only a very limited mode of doing that. ;)
and how do you think i got to this point?

i challenged how i felt about things previously and forced some "take my dog out of the race" thinking.

you're telling me how to get somewhere using processes i already used to get where i am.

i vent in here. see what people are doing and thinking and at times, have some great conversations between the YOU SUCK posts. i've had to filter out 1/2 of the posters because they're just single minded drones on one side or the other and i've got zero time for someone that won't think outside their comfort zone or is just in troll mode.

I'm pretty sure the Democrats are feeling much, much better today.
just like last years Browns fans.
Well, we'll see. But as I pointed out in another thread, we're just seeing the same old movie play out: One party gets control, comically over-interprets its "mandate", and the other party comes roaring back.

How many times do we have to see this movie before either party gets it?

Roaring back? That was more like a whimper!

Well, we'll see. But as I pointed out in another thread, we're just seeing the same old movie play out: One party gets control, comically over-interprets its "mandate", and the other party comes roaring back.

It'll work, this time.

That's like the Democrats jumping off the roof and flapping their arms in an attempt to fly!

"It'll work THIS time!"

No one is more conservative than Libertarians. True conservative. You make my point.

Sorry, Libertarians tend to be non-interventionist, fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

Most of you Trumpkins wouldn't know true conservatism if it smacked ya upside.

It'll work, this time.
Could be. I'd sure like to see these wild, insane swings end.
Why?

liberals went extinct under RR
leftist came out under Clinton
rinos took charge under bush
racist nutbars flourished under Obama
and now we have populist assholes running things

I'm stoked to see just how crazy this gets before we really start shooting each other over political party affiliation.

Although they say it wasn't political, Rand Paul has 5 broken ribs for his troubles with a flaming liberal neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back