Is it funny to JOKE about political assassinations?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Many think this is HILARIOUS:

0530-kathy-griffin-graphic-donald-trump-head-cut-off-tyler-sheilds-03-1200x630.jpg

So they must also think these are funny, right?

obama_noose1-800x430.jpg
:badgrin:

hqdefault.jpg

ShowImage.ashx

Assassinations are HILARIOUS!!!

Right snowflakes?

Not for me...I don't appreciate any of it..
yea, it's wrong when either side does it. freedom of speech and all, but for the love of god show some respect whether you like someone or not.

0530-kathy-griffin-graphic-donald-trump-head-cut-off-tyler-sheilds-03-1200x630.jpg

obama_noose1-800x430.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ShowImage.ashx

Right snowflakes?
Tried to use the top pic as my avatar. The Mods made me change so I picked what was appropriate for this site.

And being hung in effigy isn't a new thing and it's protected political speech, kiddos.

obama_noose1-800x430.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ShowImage.ashx

Right snowflakes?

I am glad that many on the left denounced Kathy Griffin's tasteless 'joke' but they are still defending the play about Trump's murder and the movie about Bush's assassination.

I always expect the fringe element on either side to be totally deranged. I take offense when things like the movie and the play are readily tolerated. That points to a general acceptance among party members when leaders don't take offense. Even Chelsea Clinton defended the play, which to me is far worse than a cartoon. I just don't buy it that cartoons are evil while movies and plays are 'art.' Any anonymous lunatic can make a meme and other idiots will spread it. I had not seen the ones shown in the OP so guessing they didn't go viral. The play is supported by many, both in time and money. That is way different.

There have been plenty of cartoons and effigies made for Republicans but I can't think of one play or movie made by the right depicting murder of Dems with good audience attendance. I am tired of Dem leaders claiming Trump is dangerous and must be stopped or that blood will be shed if he isn't taken down. That is clearly inciting violence and it hasn't been toned down one damn bit.

obama_noose1-800x430.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ShowImage.ashx

Right snowflakes?

I am glad that many on the left denounced Kathy Griffin's tasteless 'joke' but they are still defending the play about Trump's murder and the movie about Bush's assassination.

I always expect the fringe element on either side to be totally deranged. I take offense when things like the movie and the play are readily tolerated. That points to a general acceptance among party members when leaders don't take offense. Even Chelsea Clinton defended the play, which to me is far worse than a cartoon. I just don't buy it that cartoons are evil while movies and plays are 'art.' Any anonymous lunatic can make a meme and other idiots will spread it. I had not seen the ones shown in the OP so guessing they didn't go viral. The play is supported by many, both in time and money. That is way different.

There have been plenty of cartoons and effigies made for Republicans but I can't think of one play or movie made by the right depicting murder of Dems with good audience attendance. I am tired of Dem leaders claiming Trump is dangerous and must be stopped or that blood will be shed if he isn't taken down. That is clearly inciting violence and it hasn't been toned down one damn bit.

um, this same troupe did it to obama when he was president.

no - never heard about it til they did it to trump. but they did.

obama_noose1-800x430.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ShowImage.ashx

Right snowflakes?
Tried to use the top pic as my avatar. The Mods made me change so I picked what was appropriate for this site.

And being hung in effigy isn't a new thing and it's protected political speech, kiddos.
If that's true you're the most pathetic poster on this board.

obama_noose1-800x430.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ShowImage.ashx

Right snowflakes?

It's absolutely true. When you see Elmo it's really - The Orange Menace beheaded.

obama_noose1-800x430.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ShowImage.ashx

Right snowflakes?

Some cases yes, other cases no...........as I learned from reading Stranger In A Strange Land ......in that book Robert A. Heinlein explains humor......humor is the way we release the stress of horrible experiences...it is a release valve for human, to help us stay sane.........the funniest joke people will laugh at always has some pain involved in it.....many of the images you show are not "funny" and offer no release, they are just offensive.

obama_noose1-800x430.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ShowImage.ashx

Right snowflakes?

It wasn't a joke, and she didn't mean it as a joke....she called it a joke when she realized that she had stepped in it big time..........a joke is a release....and causes laughter...she didn't plan on having people laugh at the image....

obama_noose1-800x430.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ShowImage.ashx

Right snowflakes?

Some cases yes, other cases no...........as I learned from reading Stranger In A Strange Land ......in that book Robert A. Heinlein explains humor......humor is the way we release the stress of horrible experiences...it is a release valve for human, to help us stay sane.........the funniest joke people will laugh at always has some pain involved in it.....many of the images you show are not "funny" and offer no release, they are just offensive.
Comedy is tragedy (plus time).

Last edited:

obama_noose1-800x430.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ShowImage.ashx

Right snowflakes?

No it's not, only perverted and demented people would think that is funny, the severed Trump head is grotesque and disgusting and the cartoons and photoshops of Obama are also grotesque and disgusting.

I gotta be honest . A part of me likes it when pols face danger.

They sit in ivory towers and send people to war and make laws that up end people's lives . Maybe they don't think so callously if they know it make come back to them personally.

obama_noose1-800x430.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ShowImage.ashx

Right snowflakes?

It's absolutely true. When you see Elmo it's really - The Orange Menace beheaded.
Well congrats you win the shit human of USMB award.

obama_noose1-800x430.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ShowImage.ashx

Right snowflakes?

No it's not, only perverted and demented people would think that is funny, the severed Trump head is grotesque and disgusting and the cartoons and photoshops of Obama are also grotesque and disgusting.

Exactly. How fucked up is it that some people do NOT see it that way?

obama_noose1-800x430.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ShowImage.ashx

Right snowflakes?

Well congrats you win the shit human of USMB award.
And you win - Chief Drama Queen.

obama_noose1-800x430.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ShowImage.ashx

Right snowflakes?

Exactly. How fucked up is it that some people do NOT see it that way?
Some of us are adults and can handle politics, which is rated R to XXX. Grow up, people. The PC crap gets old in a hurry and we have more important things to worry about.

Forum List

Back