Is it possible for atheism to ever be anything more than critical theory?

It’s because you are Jewish. And you are an atheist. Am I wrong?

So, you have no answer as to why your gods would lie?
Genesis 1 describes the beginning of creation in an allegorical fashion and is remarkably accurate. The universe did have a beginning and evolved in stages until beings that know and create arose.

We can use science today to confirm what ancient man knew 6000 years ago.

You're spamming the thread with the same cut and paste nonsense. You're getting rather desperate.

Would you like to offer an opinion as to why the gods needed an excuse to lie?
I am showing that you don’t understand the ancient text of your own people.

It’s pretty dishonest to sidestep and evade. Why are you terrified to critically examine your religion?
I am providing the affirmative case for my beliefs. Traditional theory will always defeat critical theory because traditional theory states what something is while critical theory tries to state what it isn’t. You will never be able to discover the truth about anything by trying to say what you think it isn’t.

Genesis 1 describes the beginning of creation in an allegorical fashion and is remarkably accurate. The universe did have a beginning and evolved in stages until beings that know and create arose.

We can use science today to confirm what ancient man knew 6000 years ago.

You're spamming the thread with the same cut and paste nonsense. You're getting rather desperate.

It’s pretty dishonest to sidestep and evade. Why are you terrified to critically examine your religion?
The Bible correctly states that we were made from dust. Stardust to be specific. Did you know that the atoms in your body were present when space and time were created? Since that time they have merely changed form. It is amazing that the atoms in our body are 14 billion years old and were present when the universe was perfectly ordered and all matter and energy occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of a single atom.

So, why did your gods lie in the Genesis fable?
The Bible has several literary types; allegorical, historical, law, poetic, prophetic, epistle and proverbial. I'm sure others may add or subtract to this list, but this is a pretty good start. When trying to understand the meaning of passages it is helpful to understand which literary type one is reading and also to place or read the passage in the proper historical light. Something that people who are intellectually dishonest don't do.

The Bible correctly states that we were made from dust. Stardust to be specific. Did you know that the atoms in your body were present when space and time were created? Since that time they have merely changed form. It is amazing that the atoms in our body are 14 billion years old and were present when the universe was perfectly ordered and all matter and energy occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of a single atom.

The Bible has several literary types; allegorical, historical, law, poetic, prophetic, epistle and proverbial. I'm sure others may add or subtract to this list, but this is a pretty good start. When trying to understand the meaning of passages it is helpful to understand which literary type one is reading and also to place or read the passage in the proper historical light. Something that people who are intellectually dishonest don't do.

What literary type would define lies?

Would “intellectually dishonest” include deflecting from the difficult questions?

Would “intellectually dishonest” include deflecting from the difficult questions?
Ask valid questions like I have done and you will get answers. For instance are you Jewish is a valid question.

Are you suggesting the Torah is a lie? Because that’s all I have been discussing.

Tell me what lies you believe are in the Torah.

Are you suggesting the Torah is a lie? Because that’s all I have been discussing.

That is another of your dishonest deflections.

Fascinating.

Fascinating.
You were the one claiming there are lies. I am trying to understand where you think the lies are. Did your people lie?

Fascinating.
You were the one claiming there are lies. I am trying to understand where you think the lies are. Did your people lie?

That is quite the sidestep.

Fascinating.

You accuse me of what you are doing.

What lies have I been told exactly?

Fascinating.

Are you at all embarrassed by your sidestepping and deflection?

Fascinating.

Does that mean you don’t want to discuss the lies in the Bible because I thought that was what you wanted. So what lies in the Bible would you like to discuss?

Fascinating.

Does that mean you don’t want to discuss the lies in the Bible because I thought that was what you wanted. So what lies in the Bible would you like to discuss?

The ones I alerted you to. The ones you sidestepped and deflected from.

Yeah, those.

Yeah, those.
I don’t know which ones those are. You weren’t very specific.

Yeah, those.

The specific ones you sidestepped and deflected from.

But I can’t wait for a Jew to criticize the Torah. It should be interesting.

Yeah, those.

The specific ones you sidestepped and deflected from.
Can you be a little more specific. Before I have you thread banned for trolling.

LOL yeah tell me again how you are not attacking me for not believing your fairy tales.

I look forward to your thread where you ask Jews to make an affirmative case for not believing in Jesus.

To prove you wrong by making an affirmative case for not believing that Jesus Christ is our saviour.

Because that is exactly what you are asking me to do.

I don't ask you to make an affirmative cases to prove your fairy tales are real. I don't care. I just don't believe in your fairy tales.

You are the one starting threads attempting to subordinate atheism to whatever it is that you believe in.
Just so we are clear, you are admitting you can’t make an affirmative case for atheism, right?

Just so we are clear, you are admitting that you are trying to subordinate Judaism to Christianity, right?

LOL- please don't put words in my mouth- and I won't put words in yours.

LOL yeah tell me again how you are not attacking me for not believing your fairy tales.

I look forward to your thread where you ask Jews to make an affirmative case for not believing in Jesus.

To prove you wrong by making an affirmative case for not believing that Jesus Christ is our saviour.

I don't ask you to make an affirmative cases to prove your fairy tales are real. I don't care. I just don't believe in your fairy tales.

You are the one starting threads attempting to subordinate atheism to whatever it is that you believe in
I don’t see how I am subordinating Judaism. I believe in Judaism. Christianity is effectively a sect of Judaism. I don’t subordinate any religion. I believe all religions are more similar than dissimilar.

I am sorry that you take this thread as a personal attack it’s not meant to be.

You do realize you can make a personal attack without realizing that was what you are doing- right?

I will go back to my Jewish example.

Do you have any doubt that if you started a thread titled:
Is it possible for Judaism to ever be anything more than a critical theory?

And then further explained that Jews can only justify their lack of belief in Jesus Christ as their savior by attacking the beliefs of Christians

That Jews would not be offended or see that as an attack on them?

I don't doubt it.

Beyond that- you asked the question- and you refuse the answer of every athiest who has responded.

Let me put it another way- though I figure you will ignore this answer too- if there was no organzied religion, if there was no belief in gods or god by anyone in the world- my 'belief' would be exactly what my belief is now. Which is I don't believe in any of those fairy tales.

You ask whether my 'atheism' is dependent on being critical of religion- as I pointed out above- my 'atheism' would exist irregardless of whether any church existed in the world.

I am critical of religion when religion deserves to be criticized.
No. I don’t realize that I have done that. Probably because I haven’t.

Religion is a tool. It can be used for good or bad. It’s not the fault of the tool.

Like I said before you criticize it to validate your beliefs because you have no other way to do so.
I admit religions do a lot of good but overall it’s not worth it. It’s still a lie.

I mean every religion except yours of course

Hawking could only describe how the universe started in the Big Bang Theory. He didn't know why it started.s.
And?

This is why God created me I guess. I can figure things out and explain.

It means there was no reason for the BB to have happened (fake theory anyway). It means there is no reason for us to be here. It means this is evidence for God.

Otherwise, you can talk with edthecynic haha and get like DUH!

Just so we are clear, you are admitting you can’t make an affirmative case for atheism, right?

Just so we are clear, you are admitting that you are trying to subordinate Judaism to Christianity, right?

LOL- please don't put words in my mouth- and I won't put words in yours.

You are the one starting threads attempting to subordinate atheism to whatever it is that you believe in
I don’t see how I am subordinating Judaism. I believe in Judaism. Christianity is effectively a sect of Judaism. I don’t subordinate any religion. I believe all religions are more similar than dissimilar.

I am sorry that you take this thread as a personal attack it’s not meant to be.

You do realize you can make a personal attack without realizing that was what you are doing- right?

I will go back to my Jewish example.

Do you have any doubt that if you started a thread titled:
Is it possible for Judaism to ever be anything more than a critical theory?

And then further explained that Jews can only justify their lack of belief in Jesus Christ as their savior by attacking the beliefs of Christians

That Jews would not be offended or see that as an attack on them?

I don't doubt it.

Beyond that- you asked the question- and you refuse the answer of every athiest who has responded.

Let me put it another way- though I figure you will ignore this answer too- if there was no organzied religion, if there was no belief in gods or god by anyone in the world- my 'belief' would be exactly what my belief is now. Which is I don't believe in any of those fairy tales.

You ask whether my 'atheism' is dependent on being critical of religion- as I pointed out above- my 'atheism' would exist irregardless of whether any church existed in the world.

I am critical of religion when religion deserves to be criticized.
No. I don’t realize that I have done that. Probably because I haven’t.

Religion is a tool. It can be used for good or bad. It’s not the fault of the tool.

Like I said before you criticize it to validate your beliefs because you have no other way to do so.
I admit religions do a lot of good but overall it’s not worth it. It’s still a lie.

I mean every religion except yours of course
You have an idealized view of the path not taken.

Forum List

Back