Is it possible to find a target, aim and shoot the target within 11 seconds as the Sniper did to the Trump's assassin?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
This was the guy who shot Thomas Crooks who shot Trump.
Forty-three seconds after the first shot was fired, a Secret Service agent said the shooter was down. ...
Three shots can be heard from the same weapon in under three seconds.
Four seconds later, another four shots are heard, followed by a rapid three-shot burst from what sounds like a different firearm. Then, 11 seconds later, there is one more gunshot.

Now my question which I've not heard the answer to is this:
Seconds
  1. 1 to 3 seconds 3 shots heard
  2. 4 seconds 4 more shots by a different firearm
  3. 11 seconds 1 more shot.
Was the Secret service sniper watching the shooter and able to after 15 seconds did the following:
Heard the shots.
Saw in seconds 5 to 11 see the shooter and kill the shooter.

So my question: Is it possible for a seasoned, sniper like the guy who shot Crooks to flip his head to the direction of the shots,
identify the shooter and then seconds 5 through the 11 seconds set up , target and shoot?
Is that possible?
sharpshooter.png

He was seen scouring the area before the rally even started. So he was able to locate where he would take the shot(s). The question would be:

How was he even allowed to get into the building before getting up on the roof?

Forty-three seconds after the first shot was fired, a Secret Service agent said the shooter was down. ...
Four seconds later, another four shots are heard, followed by a rapid three-shot burst from what sounds like a different firearm. Then, 11 seconds later, there is one more gunshot.

Seconds
Was the Secret service sniper watching the shooter and able to after 15 seconds did the following:
Heard the shots.

So my question: Is it possible for a seasoned, sniper like the guy who shot Crooks to flip his head to the direction of the shots,
identify the shooter and then seconds 5 through the 11 seconds set up , target and shoot?
Is that possible?
View attachment 986648
yes,,

Many of the military veterans here had the ability to locate, appropriate, and shoot straight within three to four seconds of looking. It depends on how much practice this shooter had. Eleven seconds is a lifetime.

Seconds
Heard the shots.

Is that possible?
View attachment 986648

He had crooks in his sights prior to the shots fired, which leads to other questions.

Seconds
Heard the shots.

Is that possible?
View attachment 986648
Training. The SWAT snipers likely had every possible firing position dialed in before the rally even started.

Forum List

Back