Is It Reasonable That LGBT Activists Compare Same-Sex Marriage Rights To

No ideology of gayness exists, and homosexuality is hard wired.

.... do you think other sexual perversions are hard wired as well, or only homosexuality?

I would suspect that many parts of sexuality are hard-wired. But I don't see why that would be an issue, since "consenting adult" is a key part of any laws concerning sexuality.

I'm not arguing legalities; I was breaking off that one part of JS's post about homosexuality being hardwired.
.... off on a bit of a tangent, admittedly....

As I said, I don't doubt that some facets of sexuality are hardwired. But I think most are from environment.

.... do you think other sexual perversions are hard wired as well, or only homosexuality?
That's a great question,. I believe straight and homosexuality are hard wired. Variations, such as those in some of the LGBT, may or may not be. I know a study about twenty years ago concluded that 2/3ds of those who considered themselves homosexual in ten-year period moved through the LGBT scene into the straight world, and many of them married heterosexually.

It's hard to quantify. There are many people that may be attracted to the same sex but still deny themselves in favor of a straight life.... People get nutty about this issue when NAMBLA etc. is mentioned, but, I'm sure a member of NAMBLA would say they were born being attracted to "young boys" or even people saying they fantasized about animals from a very early age. Obviously, we are not talking about "consenting adults", but I'm speaking to the "hard-wired" part of this..... not the moral or legal....

...The Black Civil Rights Movement?

It's not reasonable to compare same- sex marriage rights movement to civil rights movements. It's not right, because when your are comparing the ideology of being gay to the fighting for rights to live equally because of your skin color; you are comparing a Developed ideology to a immutable trait (Skin color) . Is my point clear? What do you think about it?
Homosexuality is proven to be an epigenetic thing, which means they are born that way, so people need to get over their homophobia and move on with their life. Focusing---no, obsessing over this will only drive you mad and ruin your life. Denying people rights because they scare you is absurd and ludicrous. You should consider professional help.

My point is - do you believe people are born with ONLY one of the following "hard wired" sexual preferences:

(1) Homosexual
(2) Heterosexual
(3) Bisexual (is this possible? or are you "mainly" hardwired for (1) or (2).....?)
(4) Asexual

>

I think it's perfectly reasonable to compare government discrimination for no compelling government interest to discrimination for no compelling government interest.

>>>>

That's a great question,. I believe straight and homosexuality are hard wired. Variations, such as those in some of the LGBT, may or may not be. I know a study about twenty years ago concluded that 2/3ds of those who considered themselves homosexual in ten-year period moved through the LGBT scene into the straight world, and many of them married heterosexually.

It's hard to quantify. There are many people that may be attracted to the same sex but still deny themselves in favor of a straight life.... People get nutty about this issue when NAMBLA etc. is mentioned, but, I'm sure a member of NAMBLA would say they were born being attracted to "young boys" or even people saying they fantasized about animals from a very early age. Obviously, we are not talking about "consenting adults", but I'm speaking to the "hard-wired" part of this..... not the moral or legal....

I don't think most fetishes are hardwired. But people may not remember when it was imprinted on them.

It's not reasonable to compare same- sex marriage rights movement to civil rights movements. It's not right, because when your are comparing the ideology of being gay to the fighting for rights to live equally because of your skin color; you are comparing a Developed ideology to a immutable trait (Skin color) . Is my point clear? What do you think about it?
Homosexuality is proven to be an epigenetic thing, which means they are born that way, so people need to get over their homophobia and move on with their life. Focusing---no, obsessing over this will only drive you mad and ruin your life. Denying people rights because they scare you is absurd and ludicrous. You should consider professional help.

My point is - do you believe people are born with ONLY one of the following "hard wired" sexual preferences:

(1) Homosexual
(2) Heterosexual
(3) Bisexual (is this possible? or are you "mainly" hardwired for (1) or (2).....?)
(4) Asexual

I tend to agree with the study that shows everyone is one a scale between homosexual and heterosexual. Most of us are well into the heterosexual side. I remember reading that pure hetero or pure homosexual is rare.

I read a study (years ago) that proposed that sexuality is not black & white, but measured by degrees. Few people are 100% straight or 100% gay. If that is true, I wonder how many of the 2/3 of the gays in the study you quoted simply accepted a straight lifestyle to avoid the stigma and problems.
I am sure that happened How much none of us know. We all make concessions in the facets of our lives to get along to one extent or another

Do you think that other forms of mental illness are hard wired or is it only religion? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, stop trolling. She asked a fair and interesting question.
Sorry but I don't think that it was a fair or reasonable question at all. It was prejudicial in labeling homosexuality a perversion and simplistic in that it is looking for a "yes-no" answer to a highly complex issue of human sexuality that requires an understanding of nature vs. nurture. In addition it is off topic and clearly intended to derail the thread and take a shot at gays. She got the answer she deserves.

Do you think that other forms of mental illness are hard wired or is it only religion? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry but I don't think that it was a fair or reasonable question at all. It was prejudicial in labeling homosexuality a perversion and simplistic in that it is looking for a "yes-no" answer to a highly complex issue of human sexuality that requires an understanding of nature vs. nurture. In addition it is off topic and clearly intended to derail the thread. She got the answer she deserves.
That is not what she asked or discussed, and, no, homosexuals are not the only ones in defining the physiology, psychology, and sociology of it. There will be no LGBT elitism final word permitted in definition or discussion.
:confused-84::confused-84::confused-84:

Sorry but I don't think that it was a fair or reasonable question at all. It was prejudicial in labeling homosexuality a perversion and simplistic in that it is looking for a "yes-no" answer to a highly complex issue of human sexuality that requires an understanding of nature vs. nurture. In addition it is off topic and clearly intended to derail the thread and take a shot at gays. She got the answer she deserves.

I retracted the "perversion" and changed it to "preference" in a later post.
I happen to consider it a perversion - but, it is an antagonistic word that provokes defensiveness.
I clarified later also my ultimate question.
... I also admitted it was off on a tangent (but that never happens here.... /S)

I happen to consider it a perversion - but, it is an antagonistic word that provokes defensiveness.
... I also admitted it was off on a tangent (but that never happens here.... /S)

According to Merriam Webster, the word "perversion" means "sexual behavior that people think is not normal or natural".

I don't see that as an insult, although I can understand why some do. Personally, I am rather fond of some perversions. For example, oral sex is a perversion.

According to Merriam Webster, the word "perversion" means "sexual behavior that people think is not normal or natural".

I don't see that as an insult, although I can understand why some do. Personally, I am rather fond of some perversions. For example, oral sex is a perversion.

Perversion actually up to interpretation if defined as "... what people THINK..." we all think differently...

Sorry but I don't think that it was a fair or reasonable question at all. It was prejudicial in labeling homosexuality a perversion and simplistic in that it is looking for a "yes-no" answer to a highly complex issue of human sexuality that requires an understanding of nature vs. nurture. In addition it is off topic and clearly intended to derail the thread. She got the answer she deserves.
That is not what she asked or discussed, and, no, homosexuals are not the only ones in defining the physiology, psychology, and sociology of it. There can be no LGBT elitism final word permitted in definition or discussion.
Why the discontent? Let's stay with facts and science. There is no epigenetic proof as yet conclusively. OK, looking back, I came across too hard, doing exactly what I hate the hissies, pro and con, do too often on this Board. I apologize.

That is not what she asked or discussed, and, no, homosexuals are not the only ones in defining the physiology, psychology, and sociology of it. There can be no LGBT elitism final word permitted in definition or discussion.
Why the discontent? Let's stay with facts and science. There is no epigenetic proof as yet conclusively. OK, looking back, I came across too hard, doing exactly what I hate the hissies, pro and con, do too often on this Board. I apologize.
Not discontent. Confusion. I didn't understand your response and still don't. No need to apologies. Epigenetic proof is not at issue here. The law looks at homosexuality as immutable and even opponents of gay rights know better than to dispute that, at least in court.

What do I think? That you are a moron. It does not matter if the trait upon which some want to base discriminatory laws is immutable or a choice. Religion is, without a doubt, a choice. Being gay is not a choice. The evidence is overwhelming that it is something predetermined in a person.

Not discontent. Confusion. I didn't understand your response and still don't. No need to apologies. Epigenetic proof is not at issue here. The law looks at homosexuality as immutable and even opponents of gay rights know better than to dispute that, at least in court.
Homisexuality is not immutable. It is a behavior. It is as immutable as pedophilia.

Julian Bond: Gay rights are civil rights
Check out the interview. It's the interview where Bond takes the position that there is good reason for those who constituted the Civil Rights Movement of the sixties - the movement to defeat anti-black racism, the black movement for human rights - should and do own the entire spectrum of civil rights activism.

Julian Bond: "We ought to be happy when other people, including gays and lesbians and many other people, have imitated the black movement for human rights.

"They've adopted our songs: we ought to be happy.

"They've adopted out slogans, we ought to be happy.

"They've adopted the way in which we went about it, in a non-violent way, generally speaking: we ought to be proud of that, that we served as an example to others. And when others imitate what we did, to gain their rights, we ought to be first in line to say, "Can I help you?""

Homisexuality is not immutable. It is a behavior. It is as immutable as pedophilia.
And you know this.....how? Never mind. It doesn't matter what you think or what the nature of homosexuality is or is not. It is treated as immutable for legal purposes and that's all that counts.

What do I think? That you are a moron. It does not matter if the trait upon which some want to base discriminatory laws is immutable or a choice. Religion is, without a doubt, a choice. Being gay is not a choice. The evidence is overwhelming that it is something predetermined in a person.
You could say the same thing about any compulsion.

You could say the same thing about any compulsion.
So, being straight is a compulsion? Having faith in God is a compulsion?

Forum List

Back