🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is it Rude to be Rude toward Rudeness?

Serial bad drivers are easy to spot because they have no clue they just screwed up. I have apologized via hand gestures when i screwed up (when i blew a stop sign that was hidden by a tree and had to horse my car around the one with the right of way, i sat there and let him yell at me for 10 minutes because I was wrong), and have given the "no prob" wave to people that have offered the sorry gesture. What I take a stand against is those shoulder driving, 3 lane crossing, squeeze into the exit from the wrong lane, left lane 45 MPH-right lane 88 MPH driving assholes who need to be shown they ARE assholes.

you don't know what bad drivers are until you drive in South Florida :mad:

New Yorkers are driving GODS in comparison.

I get the same comparison from people from Boston and LA.

At least some of our assholes take trains.

at least in Boston and La it does not take them 15 seconds to start driving on the green light and they do not have the distance between cars which can fit three trucks :evil:

oh, and they sign when they turn or change lines - you have to be a fucking mindreader in South Florida. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Actually in the South where I have lived since childhood - NYC cops are considered the toughest and the best - their drivers are considered the best drivers also. Probably from having to navigate through NY traffic!

If someone is being rude is it morally right to be rude back to them? Shouldnt we tolerate rudeness by allowing rude people to just be rude?

Would I be a bad person for stopping someone from being rude to me?

No, being nice to them just lets them get away with their crap.

Rude people need to be corrected, and if being an ass towards them is the only way for them to get it, then so be it.

Rudeness is not acceptable to start a conversation or an interaction, but it is sure as hell a proper way to finish it.

remember this...

Actually in the South where I have lived since childhood - NYC cops are considered the toughest and the best - their drivers are considered the best drivers also. Probably from having to navigate through NY traffic!

they are the best. There is also one specific feature which has to be considered - NYC and the metro area around is basically like the other country compared to all other USA - because of the difficulties with obtaining the CCW permits.
I was warned when I was moving to Florida - remember, you can't have heated road discussions like in NYC and around, because the heated discussion might involve bullets out there :)

I also have to praise Detroit drivers. Did not drive there much, just while interviewing during residency hunt - but that was nice.

they are the best. There is also one specific feature which has to be considered - NYC and the metro area around is basically like the other country compared to all other USA - because of the difficulties with obtaining the CCW permits.
I was warned when I was moving to Florida - remember, you can't have heated road discussions like in NYC and around, because the heated discussion might involve bullets out there :)

I also have to praise Detroit drivers. Did not drive there much, just while interviewing during residency hunt - but that was nice.

Considering how many illegal guns are around in NYC, you are still taking a chance when you blow your top. The idea that someone who goes through the effort of getting a CCW will blow it on a roadside bitch fest is not really that feasible to me.

and if you know the right people getting a CCW is a matter of money and sucking up.

Oh, I definitely think that if someone is rude to you, you should immediately say that you're "offended", call them a "racist" and try to get them fired.

Absolutely.

freedom is great huh? are you against free market solutions?

Considering how many illegal guns are around in NYC, you are still taking a chance when you blow your top. The idea that someone who goes through the effort of getting a CCW will blow it on a roadside bitch fest is not really that feasible to me.

and if you know the right people getting a CCW is a matter of money and sucking up.

that is the whole point I am making. It is easy to obtain CCW permit anywhere else and people carry and the crazy asses do as well. That is the reason there is less road rage and otherwise people are more polite outside the metro area - because you don't know if you won't get a bullet after you show a bird.

The bolded is true and it is a universal example of corruption when the gubmint is in charge - not only when guns are considered.

If someone is being rude is it morally right to be rude back to them? Shouldnt we tolerate rudeness by allowing rude people to just be rude?

No, being nice to them just lets them get away with their crap.

Rude people need to be corrected, and if being an ass towards them is the only way for them to get it, then so be it.

Rudeness is not acceptable to start a conversation or an interaction, but it is sure as hell a proper way to finish it.
I have to agree with this. To me, if a person is mean enough, they should not get away with it and the best way for bad to triumph is for good to stand there and not say or do a thing to stop bad from happening.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

It's rude to be rude regardless of the justification. Two wrongs dont' make a right and all that. Or, as greater minds than mine have said,

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

(paraphrasing) "You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke the sinner, but you shall not incur a sin on their behalf." - Leviticus 19:17

In other words, you can point out someone's doing something wrong, but not in a way that embarasses them or is equally nasty. In practical applications, you should take someone aside for a private chat and let them know of their misdeed. Loosing face has started wars.

I try to avoid judging others for their decisions.^^^

When I rarely encounter people being rude to me, I simply turn and walk away. :thup:

If I were on the phone when it happened, I would simply, tell them I have to go now, we can talk when you are in a better mood, as our conversation has lost it's effectiveness, according to me.

Forum List

Back