Is Jesus' divorce law anti-love?

Love is a choice. What most people call love is a chemical reaction that waxes and wanes. It is literally impossible to maintain that chemical reaction for an extended period of time, hence "I fell out of love with you". That's eros, not agape, which is the kind of love God is talking about. What He talks about is the decision to love that doesn't care if she gains 50 pounds, he loses his hair, she gets varicose veins, or that peace sign he had tattooed on his butt now looks more like a wrinkled stop sign. It's a decision, so to say God denies people a chance at love is completely wrong.

Abuse, moreover, is not something to stick around for. Get out and get away.

To say God denies people a chance at love is completely right if one adheres to scriptures that deny divorce.

That is why I agree with your last and scriptures do not.

Regards
DL

Remember that the Scriptures were written in times when a young couple often had little choice as to whom they were going to marry. It is true that the love I am talking about CAN be developed between two total strangers, but it takes commitment beyond just feelings. It is not chemical attraction. If you try to base a marriage on lust, it's going to last about 2 to 5 years, and will fail unless the participants decide to grow beyond mere lust. So, your "chance at love" basically boils down to "I want to boink him/her but I can't".

You are correct that scriptures were written for a different time. That does not excuse religion of applying those laws and tenets today.

Thanks for helping me make my case. for what religion teach today.

Regards
DL

:lol: anger issues much?

Not a tad.

I just speak truth.

:lol: Closed mind issues much?

Regards
DL
Actually you're very dishonest. Nowhere in your op is mention of abuse, you began with the sole premiss of love.

You seem angry, mean and dishonest. Which is not surprising coming from someone trying to convince others he/she is superior

Not me. Just the policy I prefer.

I, unlike Christians and Catholics, would not deny anyone the chance at love and if that is offensive to you because of it's higher moral position than what Christianity offers --- then I suggest you find a better religion and God to follow.

Regards
DL

Not a tad.

I just speak truth.

:lol: Closed mind issues much?

Regards
DL
Actually you're very dishonest. Nowhere in your op is mention of abuse, you began with the sole premiss of love.

You seem angry, mean and dishonest. Which is not surprising coming from someone trying to convince others he/she is superior

I, unlike Christians and Catholics, would not deny anyone the chance at love and if that is offensive to you because of it's higher moral position than what Christianity offers --- then I suggest you find a better religion and God to follow.

Regards
DL

No one is stopping you from loving your wife.

Regards
DL

No one is stopping you from loving your wife.

Thanks for helping my argument.

Regards
DL

Honoring a commitment is a good thing

Not when it is a love commitment and there is no love left because some bastard is beating his wife twice a week.

Think longer than your face for Christ's sake.

Your religion has created a mind that does not discern immorality and lacks any kind of compassion.

Regards
DL

Oh, I get it, you are a homosexual, and can't stand the fact that the Bible says you are immoral. Ok, that explains that. You are a homosexual troll.

Have a nice day
USA

Honoring a commitment is a good thing

Not when it is a love commitment and there is no love left because some bastard is beating his wife twice a week.

Think longer than your face for Christ's sake.

Your religion has created a mind that does not discern immorality and lacks any kind of compassion.

Regards
DL

Oh, I get it, you are a homosexual, and can't stand the fact that the Bible says you are immoral. Ok, that explains that. You are a homosexual troll.

Have a nice day
USA

My four boys and wife thank you for this.

Lurkers will see how easily lies flow from homophobic Christians.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back