Is Life a Natural Condition?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
When comparing the superabundance of life on Earth with its apparent nonexistence elsewhere, the question of whether life is a natural condition comes to mind. Is it the inevitable result of certain,albeit rare, chemical combinations or does it require some additional creative force?

It seems a bit smug to assume that life should be carbon based, as it is here, but its complete absence in the rest of our solar system suggests that Earth is a very special place indeed. If it turns out that life is nowhere else to be found in the universe, can it rationally be explained as nothing more than a statistical anomaly?

Gotta consider how relatively tiny our solar system is in the big picture of the universe before assuming nonexistence.

Since the Creator is so superb at creating, and a master of physics, I imagine he has continued to create. But Earth is indeed special. He created it for His children. It is here that He will set up His kingdom.

When comparing the superabundance of life on Earth with its apparent nonexistence elsewhere, the question of whether life is a natural condition comes to mind. Is it the inevitable result of certain,albeit rare, chemical combinations or does it require some additional creative force?

It seems a bit smug to assume that life should be carbon based, as it is here, but its complete absence in the rest of our solar system suggests that Earth is a very special place indeed. If it turns out that life is nowhere else to be found in the universe, can it rationally be explained as nothing more than a statistical anomaly?

Bacteria life did exist on mars and does exist in meteors. No reason to assume all the billions of solar systems in just our milkyway don't also have carbon based life. There are still all the other galaxies and all their solar systems

I don't think self awareness means much in the totality of existence. When you take a billion year old rock in your hand at the bottom of the grand canyon and realize the universe doesn't operate on a level that biological sentient beings matter in the over all scheme of things, it blows you away. We do matter. Only because we are self aware.

Bacteria life did exist on mars . ...

Until the invasion of the Lysolians, led by their ruthless King Penicillio III. They were wiped out entirely by new and improved lemon-scented disposables.

I don't think self awareness means much in the totality of existence. ...

Hey, you made a funny!
There isn't a dumb button, How do you survive? There is a topic here, however, stick to it. is that to hard?

You don't get the joke?
Um. No, I give, what is the joke? What did I miss?

"I don't think self awareness means much in the totality of existence..."

Hey, you made a funny!
There isn't a dumb button, How do you survive? There is a topic here, however, stick to it. is that to hard?

You don't get the joke?
This isn't the humor board, nor the flame board. We don't all glomm on to that mindset . And the DUMB button . Cheap shots for idiots. Wow. Mean while, back at the ranch...

Hey, you made a funny!

You don't get the joke?

Hey, you made a funny!

You don't get the joke?

I love ya kid. You are beautiful. And ignorant as hell.The Universe is bound to blind laws oblivious to reasoning.It seems you are unreasoning because you are ignorant and biased. They say love transcends, what do you think? We are all human beings. Do we matter in the ultimate sense? Neither one of us will stop a supernova.

strawman.

life doesnt have an apparent nonexistence elsewhere

that was easy

Hey, you made a funny!

You don't get the joke?
Hey, you made a funny!

You don't get the joke?

I love ya kid. You are beautiful. And ignorant as hell.The Universe is bound to blind laws oblivious to reasoning.It seems you are unreasoning because you are ignorant and biased. They say love transcends, what do you think? We are all human beings. Do we matter in the ultimate sense? Neither one of us will stop a supernova.

You don't get the joke?

You don't get the joke?

I loved King of the hill. Can we move on beyond personal attacks now, I thought you were better than that, Unko. Apparently not. Try a little harder.Please? With sugar on top? Don't resort to this petty bullshit. There isn't a dumb button here, either. Sorry. This isn't the flame board.

I don't think self awareness means much in the totality of existence. When you take a billion year old rock in your hand at the bottom of the grand canyon and realize the universe doesn't operate on a level that biological sentient beings matter in the over all scheme of things, it blows you away. We do matter. Only because we are self aware.

We can only marvel how consciousness arose to animate matter.

Forum List

Back