Is politics a big issue in your family?

sapphiregirl

Jul 28, 2024
I have four siblings. Two out of our five kids are voting age.

I'm black, but voting for Trump (I mention being black because my profs try to ridicule me for that)*. My sister is married to a white guy who is diehard Trump. My sis is sort of apolitical, but she will vote for Trump.

My parents voted for Biden, but sort of held their nose when doing so. They do not like Harris. My grandmother is not really a big Trump supporter, but will vote for him. My grandfather has firmly declared he is not voting lol

We had a family reunion a few years ago, and I remember there being some sparks. My uncle called another uncle treacherous for his voting choice. Sometimes I hate discussing politics. :sad:

*The profs' attempted ridicule has fueled my passion for politics this summer. :)

Last edited:
nope, I have family members that voted for Trump, some for Biden and me for the libertarian.

We all get along just fine

I'm black, but voting for Trump (I mention being black because my profs try to ridicule me for that)*. My sister is married to a white guy who is diehard Trump. My sis is sort of apolitical, but she will vote for Trump.

My parents voted for Biden, but sort of held their nose when doing so. They do not like Harris. My grandmother is not really a big Trump supporter, but will vote for him. My grandfather has firmly declared he is not voting lol

We had a family reunion a few years ago, and I remember there being some sparks. My uncle called another uncle treacherous for his voting choice. Sometimes I hate discussing politics. :sad:

*The profs' attempted ridicule has fueled my passion for politics this summer. :)
Nothing really intense. If you are new to this board being black and voting for Trump expect to get hammered by IM2 who calls blacks for Trump sell outs. Just an FYI.

I literally don't know one person that's a democrat.... that includes the 120 male members of my golf club, my good-sized extended family, and hundreds of business associates....

I get it, I'm white, straight, live in the DFW area and I'm in the oilfield.... but still, you'd think there would be one or two bidophiles out there that support something that raped its preteen daughter in the shower. But no, nothing here.

I have some conflict in my family over politics but usually when it goes bad it turns into bike jousting.

1722393552343.png

Im not Americam amd cant vote in your elections obviously. I personally was definitely apolitocal to the extreme, I didnt even know my own governments or what the difference between a Lib or Conservative was, even in my.30s. I knew even less about the U.S though I aoways rooted for Canada and U.S leaders to beat the Russians. I sort of.fell into reaching out to people in power in Canada by necessity. This is all a long way of me saying, no, my family.is definitely not politocally informed, they may just complain about politicians in a generic manner but nothing more

My family will not discuss politics. The entire family has agreed and stated years ago that we will not discuss any politics.

All it does it make family stay away from family for many-many years, and have nothing to do with each other.

I'm pretty much the farthest to the left in my family...and that does cause a little friction.

Mrs MO is much father to the right than I am. She is probably the farthest to the right of anyone in the immediate family.

I do have a couple of distant relatives that actually vote Democrat. They are kinda assholes anyway.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing! Politics are not a big issue in my family. Most everyone is a Trump supporter or not political. I have one Brother In Law who HATE HATE HATES Trump with a passion. But we get along great because we know if we talk politics it never ends well.

Forum List

Back