Is repeal off the table this year?

I write to my Repub congress-rats. They write back. When they write back, they always say the same thing:

"Thank you for contacting me about ...
I share your concern ...
I'll keep your letter in mind when I vote for the 1% ...
Screw you ...
Vote for me ..."

I've actually written letters and, back in yon olden days, when you actually had to lick a stamp and put an envelope in the mailbox, I would add the instructions of 'please do not answer this letter with a form letter and please do not send it to me with your damn signature instead of a stamp'.

I always got a form letter back and it always said the same damn thing - "I share your concern ... screw you...'.

Anyway, my own R senator (who, btw, made the '13 most corrupt in congress' list) still says they're going to repeal.

But hell, he's like trump - if his lips are moving, he's lying.

Then why did they vote to repeal - what? - 60+ times at the cost of millions.

Yes, I know it was all for show so gullible RWNJs would think they were actually working when all they did was vote for more vacation time and a give big fat raise.

But why say 'it was never on the table' when that's all they've done for several years?

"Repeal" will never happen.

The GOP Senate will take a long time to make "changes" though and that could take a year or more.

Then why did they vote to repeal - what? - 60+ times at the cost of millions.

Yes, I know it was all for show so gullible RWNJs would think they were actually working when all they did was vote for more vacation time and a give big fat raise.

But why say 'it was never on the table' when that's all they've done for several years?

Because it was never a serious goal of most Republicans in Congress. They want control of health care as much as the Democrats do. As you recognize, they were just pandering for votes. They know that people don't want the federal government meddling in health care and used their phony repeal attempts to get their votes. Arguably, it worked.

Last edited:
Straight from trumps mouth Obamacare is dead and that sorry plan will go away

Forum List

Back