Let’s Prohibit the Swastika as an Avator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think we're witnessing the beginning of the end of USMB. I've seen this phenomenon before.

It's being led down the wrong path by the usual suspects. Usually by professional agitator/astroturfer types. You can spot em from a mile away. I don't know that people realize that people who spend their day purposefuly agitating whatever community they infiltrate do so on the www just as they do out on the streets.

But anyway. Give it time. What I'm seeing and what I have observed over time recently is pretty much by the book, as far as social media agitators operate.

It was such a long time ago...but IIRC, that happened on the RATM forum, not long after 9/11. Actually, I don't know if it was purposeful agitators or just something that happened, but some controversial comments after 9/11 led to the site being shut down.

Yet I am living in your head.

Uh, Hamas doesn't need my words for encouragement. All the women and children murdered by Zionists will fuel their hate for decades.

Wow, you are a whiny little bitch. Maybe you need to change your avi to Pee-wee Herman.
2c9.jpg

It was such a long time ago...but IIRC, that happened on the RATM forum, not long after 9/11. Actually, I don't know if it was purposeful agitators or just something that happened, but some controversial comments after 9/11 led to the site being shut down.
They organized that thing on Yahoo voice chat. I know that for a fact.

There were tons of Muslim private voice chats on Yahoo back in the day.

None of the alphabet agencies monitored any of them, either. Yeah..that's reality.

I'm not in favor of censorship, especially because of the most thinned skin poster on the internet.

While banning the swastika is a lay up, allowing it to be used is a win for the 1st Amendment.

So is it cultsmasher or not? :D

My vote would be for "is". :dunno:
No idea. Just one innocuous post and then gone. Don't know the person who was or possible new persona.

It is sometimes tough to know where the different opinions cross the line into hate speech which also should not be banned but should not be appreciated in any form in decent society. In other words government should not have any authority to control speech other than that which intentionally incites riots and such but polite society should not have to tolerate hateful terms and slurs if they don't want to.

The problem with symbols is that they so often mean different things to different people. When I see the Confederate battle flag for instance, it doesn't bring slavery to mind for me at all but something quite the opposite. I certainly don't see the American flag as a symbol of oppression but those who burn it say that they do see it that way. I see that old creche on the courthouse lawn as a symbol of a long standing and lovely tradition. Others see it as forcing religion on those who don't want it.

It is a puzzlement as to how to regulate these things so as not to create unintended negative consequences.

Last edited:
No idea. Just one innocuous post and then gone. Don't know the person who was or possible new persona. I am not for banning symbols, words, phrases or whatever, but I am in favor of restoring civility and courtesy on the American scene where people do not go out of their way to insult/hurt/attack people who hold different opinions. And restoring a sense of propriety in which decent people CHOOSE not to use hurtful words and symbols because they are decent people.

It is sometimes tough to know where the different opinions cross the line into hate speech which also should not be banned but should not be appreciated in any form in decent society.
I will assume it was cultsmasher. :dunno:

I say I have a 50/50 shot at being right, too.

I really think we're witnessing the beginning of the end of USMB. I've seen this phenomenon before.

It's being led down the wrong path by the usual suspects. Usually by professional agitator/astroturfer types. You can spot em from a mile away. I don't know that people realize that people who spend their day purposefuly agitating whatever community they infiltrate do so on the www just as they do out on the streets.

But anyway. Give it time. What I'm seeing and what I have observed over time recently is pretty much by the book, as far as social media agitators operate.
I'd say most forums are going down the tubes. There was saturation and then people moved on to other entertainment. Even Fakebook is declining. What's left now is old goats with nothing to do all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back