Is something on the order of 1964's election what we are cruising toward?

I'm still trying to envision a right-wing revolution. Can you cite some examples where they've taken place, and more importantly, succeeded?

You're right that they're not common. Over the last 400 years Conservatives have preferred to leave nations rather than be forced to fix them. Now, with only the USA as a,last potential bastion of Conservatism, we have no choice but fight.

Duke William's Invasion of England - 1066
British Colonies in America- 1775
The Second American Revolution came close in 1861.
In your view, the American revolutionaries acted out of a desire to establish a new government more conservative than the English monarchy?

Extraordinary.

Okay people...enough with the side tracking talk of revolution. It was fun while it lasted, but please get back on topic.....as a reminder, the topic is what the electoral (or popular) vote will make the 2016 electoral map look like, using the OP's maps as rough examples of what some have looked like.

What are your expectations about the nature and extent of the outcome of this November's election?
I foresee popular and EV vote sweeps so extensive and broad that it will cripple the GOP's influence on national policy for many years.

What we observe today is by definition the one that resulted from the Constitution that formed our nation in 1789. If that's the nation you want to see resurrected, you'll need to amend the Constitution so that all the amendments after the tenth are effectively reversed. The Constitution provides the means and legal foundation for achieving that end if you so desire it. I suggest you get to work and stop posting here for there's a lot you'll need to do to make that happen.

What we have today is the result of Lincoln detaching the Federal Government from the Constitution in 1861.

Obviously a new "American" not USA government would need an updated and clarified Constitution to ensure something like Lincoln's bastardization of the government cannot happen again.

Now let's leave the thread to the people discussing EVs.

What we observe today is by definition the one that resulted from the Constitution that formed our nation in 1789. If that's the nation you want to see resurrected, you'll need to amend the Constitution so that all the amendments after the tenth are effectively reversed. The Constitution provides the means and legal foundation for achieving that end if you so desire it. I suggest you get to work and stop posting here for there's a lot you'll need to do to make that happen.

What we have today is the result of Lincoln detaching the Federal Government from the Constitution in 1861.

Obviously a new "American" not USA government would need an updated and clarified Constitution to ensure something like Lincoln's bastardization of the government cannot happen again.

All because of negro slavery you want to sacrifice the first and only modern democratic republic all because you hate Ole Abe??

Go back to your KKK meeting and kiss all the other klansmen's azzes and feet and pay close attention to their jokes.

Then tell us their latest jokes for our amusement and give your fractured political nonsense a rest.

I think the slaughter will be someplace between the LBJ slaughter of Goldwater and the Nixon slaughter of McGovern. David Brooks on The PBS News Hour was the first to predict this, and it now looks like he will be right.

All because of negro slavery you want to sacrifice the first and only modern democratic republic all because you hate Ole Abe??

Go back to your KKK meeting and kiss all the other klansmen's azzes and feet and pay close attention to their jokes.

Then tell us their latest jokes for our amusement and give your fractured political nonsense a rest.

Please, please, please....do not succumb to being drawn off point as you have....You see what allowing that to happen has wrought for Donald Trump's election bid...The scale here is vastly smaller but the consequences are quite the same...the person drawn off point ends up looking and sounding childish, regardless of what they may say and how thoughtful it is, by their having so easily been taken off topic. Don't allow yourself to look like a child by responding just as a child would to silly remarks that have nothing to do with the topic. (A corollary to that, though not applicable...yet...is not to respond to remarks that only a child would indeed respond to.)

I don't mean literally 1964's election map and results, but rather something akin to the degree of dominance observed in that or other past elections.

1964_Electoral_Map.png

2000px-ElectoralCollege1932.svg.png

2000px-ElectoralCollege1968.svg.png

2008.jpg

Just how bad do you think Trump's loss will be?

As nice as it sounds, i don't think it will be that huuuuge a win. as long as she wins.

Anathema, you are almost as old as the Confeds and just as wrong.

Honestly, I'd rather have died with them than lived in this age.
What's stopping you now ??
Okay, yiostheoy, let's stay on topic please...one of the best ways to make an initial step in that direction is to refrain from baiting someone with a question such as yours above....
I just have to wonder what is stopping this old Confederate fool from off-ing himself now ??

It is an honest question.

Anyone that chronically depressed over politics is usually gone by now.

I don't mean literally 1964's election map and results, but rather something akin to the degree of dominance observed in that or other past elections.

1964_Electoral_Map.png

2008.jpg

As nice as it sounds, i don't think it will be that huuuuge a win. as long as she wins.
Most of the predictions disagree with you however.

It looks like Hillary's win is going to monumental ... even astronomical.

The lower the number of EC Votes Trump gets, the larger the chance that we see violent revolution before the 2020 election.
No because Bernie's Bolsheviks will be tired of rioting by then and Trump's Stooges will never know what hit them.

there isn't going to be any "violent revolution" because sore loser trumpsters feel like throwing a tantrum. that is a lot of noise.

as to beanie's bros, they aren't going to let donald anywhere near the white house. they're mostly on board anyway.... hillary's people were more ticked off in 2008 and they got on board.

but i kind of object to them being called bolsheviks. words have meaning

1964_Electoral_Map.png

2008.jpg

Most of the predictions disagree with you however.

It looks like Hillary's win is going to monumental ... even astronomical.

i know what the predictions are. i check daily. i just thing the race will tighten a bit in the next 8 weeks.

but i kind of object to them being called bolsheviks. words have meaning
Bernie's Bolsheviks are indeed Bolsheviks.

They want more free stuff -- free college.

The Russian Bolsheviks wanted free land and free bread.

1964_Electoral_Map.png

2008.jpg

It will be a substantial win for her if Trump stays in the race and it looks to me like he's laying the groundwork to bail. If he does, it's a 1964- or '84- magnitude blowout.

Forum List

Back