Is Texas in Play?

And they are already getting those services. Texas is not some country in eastern Mongolia. Those cities and even Texas small towns have the same services as any in America.
So what the hell are you rattling on about? They have sewer, water, trash pickup, police, fire, electricity, they have fast food chains, fine dining and everything else.

Then they should have no problem voting for Republicans
Problem with Republicans is they insist on austerity and don’t invest in the community
Newcomers want better schools, transportation, parks, recreation

Frankly we need the labor
We used to allow migrants to freely move back and forth over the border. Then we got tough on immigration and it became a one way ticket

We need to provide work visas, allow people to work, go home, come back……PAY TAXES
One way ticket? Do you have any idea what you are talking about? There are numbers that come over every day. There are those that come and spend months or years then go back. Some do a year leave for a few years and once they are low on money come back in.
There are those that do not have citizenship that have tax payer ID numbers that work and pay taxes.
The biggest problem a number of people have is with the ones that come across the border that we have no idea who they are, where they are going, but are clogging up hospital waiting rooms and not paying for care, that are standing in food lines, that work on a daily basis but get paid under the table, etc.
Why are we expected to spend tax dollars on them instead of our vets, our homeless and our poor?

Then they should have no problem voting for Republicans
Problem with Republicans is they insist on austerity and don’t invest in the community
Newcomers want better schools, transportation, parks, recreation
Your problem is you have no idea what you are talking about. But you sure want to paint Republicans and Democrats with a wide brush.

Your problem is you have no idea what you are talking about. But you sure want to paint Republicans and Democrats with a wide brush.

I have never lived in Texas but have spent several months there on business
I watch local news where school districts will pay $30 million plus on a Football Stadium but have no money to upgrade computers systems or pay teacher salaries

1724766738353.jpeg

I have never lived in Texas but have spent several months there on business
I watch local news where school districts will pay $30 million on a Football Stadium but have no money to upgrade computers systems or pay teacher salaries
First of all I have been in every state and I still remember well what California looked like thirty years ago. I thought the state was great, not so much anymore.

Let me paint a picture for you. What Californians really want is falling apart roads, a high speed rail that is not complete and goes nowhere, they want larger homeless camps and people crapping on the streets. They want drag queens and others in grade schools explaining that children need to experience gay sex and the best ways to have that sex. They want companies and corporations to move out of the state so there are less jobs. They want the price of a home to be unaffordable for most of the population. They want the state to be farther in debt then the state they left because that proves their ideas are working.

I do not really believe what I just wrote while painting with a wide brush. But unlike what you have written so far everyone of the policies and projects I included are real and not imagined

The California expats are mostly voting democrat. While the largest part of Texans vote Republican. So as you say it does not matter where they live they are voting the same.
The influx of Californians is slowly turning parts of Texas blue. Some Texans see that as a problem since they are voting for much of the same types of laws that they fled

What I mean is that when a California goes to Texas, their vote should count the same regardless of where they live. This is Proportional Representation.

What I mean is that when a California goes to Texas, their vote should count the same regardless of where they live. This is Proportional Representation.
They have the same vote strength as anyone else in Texas. Just like they do in New York, California, Montana or any other state. Do not understand how you somehow think that their vote is less. The fact they are voting democrat in a mostly Republican state does not matter

They have the same vote strength as anyone else in Texas. Just like they do in New York, California, Montana or any other state. Do not understand how you somehow think that their vote is less. The fact they are voting democrat in a mostly Republican state does not matter

The whole electoral system is crap. There's no way to make it look better. It's barely democracy.

How many people will vote knowing their vote doesn't count?

73,000 in Wyoming, 235,000 in West Virginia, 115,000 in North Dakota, 500,000 in Oklahoma, 287,000 in Idaho, 423,000 in Arkansas, 150,000 in South Dakota, 770,000 in Kentucky, 850,000 in Alabama, 1.1 million in Tennessee, 560,000 in Utah, 856,000 in Louisiana, 244,000 in Montana, 1.2 million in Indiana.

Indiana voted Obama in 2008... so maybe we stop there. How many people are there, and that's just states which are certain to vote Republican. I could do the same for Democratic states. That's 7 million people there already.

And I haven't even spoken about the people who don't want to vote either party.

Forum List

Back