Is The Administration Trying To Piss Us Off With These TSA Searches?

Apparently, you haven't read very many of my aguements.

Government doesn't do very much very well, but for the past 10 years they've managed to prevent 9/11 Part II. If I gotta remove my shoes, get a pat down, show ID, to get on a plane and preserve this record, then that's what I'll do to help.

I view this as comparatively unobtrusive compared to stealing a significant portion of my income every year.

I view the junk touching and excessive taxation as two facets of the same issue: out of control government.

We are spending ungodly amount of money on searching people who are clearly not a threat. Cowing the flying public into submission via intrusive and humiliating processes does not make us safer. It's Kabuki Theater.

I am healthy and still practicing because I have heeded the warnings of the CDC and OSHA, et. al regarding the safe handling of blood and body fluids.
Bingo.

I play with infectious bodily fluids all day in the clinical lab, and manage to avoid infecting my co-workers. If the TSA is now expected to regularly perform invasive screening, they must be trained and held to a higher standard of hygiene.

Oh come on. You know we are just paranoid head cases according to the mighty :udaman: Samson. :udaman:

Government doesn't do very much very well, but for the past 10 years they've managed to prevent 9/11 Part II. If I gotta remove my shoes, get a pat down, show ID, to get on a plane and preserve this record, then that's what I'll do to help.
Does the fact that we have not had a massive attack in the past nine years give the government carte blanche to enact increasingly obtrusive and increasingly unconstitutional security measures?

Now that the government is groping and taking nude pictures of citizens, where does this stop? Cameras on every streetcorner, like in London? Tracking devices in all new automobiles? Full-body scanners at every bus, subway, and train station?

Where do you draw the line?

I am healthy and still practicing because I have heeded the warnings of the CDC and OSHA, et. al regarding the safe handling of blood and body fluids.
Bingo.

I play with infectious bodily fluids all day in the clinical lab, and manage to avoid infecting my co-workers. If the TSA is now expected to regularly perform invasive screening, they must be trained and held to a higher standard of hygiene.

Oh come on. You know we are just paranoid head cases according to the mighty :udaman: Samson. :udaman:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Accepting the diagnosis is the first step toward treatment.

Here's a Christmas Present for you to wear to the airport:

89794835v5_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

Last edited:
A few Airports are giving the TSA the boot and opting for private security.

Yes, I wonder how many of these private security corps are owned by Muslim terrorist?

Now THAT's paranoia!

I seem to recall that the Bush Admin gave the NY Port Authority security job to people who had connections to ??. So, not paranoia, logic at work.

I cannot find the article right now, but the people who are running the NY Port Security have ties, or are foreigners.

Last edited:

I view this as comparatively unobtrusive compared to stealing a significant portion of my income every year.

I view the junk touching and excessive taxation as two facets of the same issue: out of control government.

We are spending ungodly amount of money on searching people who are clearly not a threat. Cowing the flying public into submission via intrusive and humiliating processes does not make us safer. It's Kabuki Theater.

Well ya know, that if you enter an airport there are signs that you agree to having your 4th Amendment rights suspended there. Too bad there isn't a similar sign stating that if you enter an airport you agree to being profiled as well.

Bingo.

You have still not posted any links which show that I am either paranoid or incorrect.

Whereas I HAVE posted links which show that you are incorrect. I could post many many more. I have other things to do. I will go do them now, and await with baited breath your links which show that I am either paranoid or incorrect.

Last edited:
Excerpts from a relevant commentary below. Bottom line: we waste enormous resources on politically correct nonsense instead of actually focusing on identifying terrorists.

Those who plot rather than prevent jet explosions usually meet this profile. The September 11 hijackers fit it perfectly. So did Ramzi bin al-Shibh, who was arrested while conspiring to crash airliners into London's Heathrow Airport. The airborne Christmas Day crotch bomber was a young Nigerian male, and the so-called Shoe Bomber was a young, male Muslim convert.

Had security personnel at Newark, Dulles, or Boston Logan airports profiled terrorists, they might have stopped the 9/11 hijackers. If so, al-Qaeda's 2,980 victims would be alive today, bellies full from their Thanksgiving feasts.

So, should anyone named Mustafa be waterboarded beside the first-class lounge? No. However, if he is between about 18 and 35 and from the Middle East or a predominantly Muslim country, it might be wise to ask him a few extra questions, carefully peruse his papers, and perhaps inspect him and his possessions.

Terrorist profiling recalls police deployment of limited resources. If the NYPD sought a Mafia hit man who was about to whack somebody, it most likely would not hunt him in Harlem. If the LAPD wanted an especially brutal Crip, Malibu might not be the first place to track him.

While officials need to respect the rights of innocents who fit this profile, passengers also have an overarching right to land at their destinations intact.

At a Monday night Intelligence Squared debate on this topic at New York University, one of my interlocutors was Debra Burlingame, sister of Charles Burlingame, the pilot of American Airlines Flight 77, which al-Qaeda smashed into the Pentagon. She cited her conversation with an American Airlines customer-service agent who worked on September 11. He checked in Nawaf and Salem al-Hazmi, two of those who hijacked that Boeing 757. While American's seasoned employee found these two suspicious, Burlingame says he told her he did not flag them for further scrutiny "because I didn't want my colleague to think that I was a racist and a bigot."

Such political correctness eventually will kill innocent civilians. It's past time to employ terrorist profiling to shield Americans from those who want to murder us.

RealClearPolitics - How Airports Should Profile Terrorists

Does the fact that we have not had a massive attack in the past nine years give the government carte blanche to enact increasingly obtrusive and increasingly unconstitutional security measures?

Now that the government is groping and taking nude pictures of citizens, where does this stop? Cameras on every streetcorner, like in London? Tracking devices in all new automobiles? Full-body scanners at every bus, subway, and train station?

Assuming that's not a rhetorical question, I draw the line when it conflicts with my right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. When I buy a ticket to travel, I expect that I will necessarily need to temporarily adapt my normal standard of liberty to those that will apply to a PASSENGER. If I don't like these standards, then I wouldn't BE a PASSENGER.

Pretty simple.

r4286118676.jpg

First they started searching us like criminals before boarding aircraft without even raising the alert status....and now they're talking about doing the same searches on trains, boats, and buses folks.

Is Obama just trying to piss us off or something?

Next step for tight security could be trains, boats, metro
By Jordy Yager - 11/23/10 02:09 PM ET

Editor's note: This story and its headline have been clarified to show that the Department of Homeland Security has not indicated it plans to use body scanners to tighten security at transportation sites beyond airports.

The next step in tightened security could be on U.S. public transportation, trains and boats.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says terrorists will continue to look for U.S. vulnerabilities, making tighter security standards necessary.

“[Terrorists] are going to continue to probe the system and try to find a way through,” Napolitano said in an interview that aired Monday night on "Charlie Rose."

“I think the tighter we get on aviation, we have to also be thinking now about going on to mass transit or to trains or maritime. So, what do we need to be doing to strengthen our protections there?”

Next step for tight security could be trains, boats, metro - TheHill.com

They wait till right before Thanksgiving and start illegal and invasive searches on Americans across the board and they expect us to take it. Or is this really just harassment?

To top it off...Congress has excluded themselves from the searches....because they claim they are no threat.

And a 6 year old is I suppose.

Welcome to the 4th Reich. Brought to you by the people that whined and cried about wire-tapping KNOWN terrorists and/or their connections overseas. You know ... the ones that whined and cried about "NSA wiretaps" under Bush that are perfectly cool with the O- blah - blah in charge?

What's next? I have to strip down in a glass box where the rest of the airport can look at me nekked to make sure my f-ing crank ain't a deadly weapon?:cuckoo:

Naked is when you don't have any clothes on.
Nekked is when you don't have any clothes on and you are up to something.

Taking nude pictures of citizens?
Do you always exagerate when making your case?

Bingo.

Ahem.

TSA agents wear rubber gloves to protect themselves from germs, and we are somehow PARANOID for not wanting said gloves to come in contact with our private parts?

As if.

Text of the Fourth Amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Go from there...

Well ya know, that if you enter an airport there are signs that you agree to having your 4th Amendment rights suspended there. Too bad there isn't a similar sign stating that if you enter an airport you agree to being profiled as well.

I think you need to be entering Arizona to see that sign. :lol:

Assuming that's not a rhetorical question, I draw the line when it conflicts with my right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. When I buy a ticket to travel, I expect that I will necessarily need to temporarily adapt my normal standard of liberty to those that will apply to a PASSENGER. If I don't like these standards, then I wouldn't BE a PASSENGER.

Pretty simple.

How about applying a standard of Reasonableness & Effectiveness?

Yes, I want to be safe when I fly.

No, I do not want to be subject to ineffective processes that violate my privacy and waste incredibly expensive resources that could be better deployed in actually pursuing terrorists.

Pretty simple.

How about applying a standard of Reasonableness & Effectiveness?

Yes, I want to be safe when I fly.

No, I do not want to be subject to ineffective processes that violate my privacy and waste incredibly expensive resources that could be better deployed in actually pursuing terrorists.

Hmm, well I think they should only pat down females.

Ahem.

TSA agents wear rubber gloves to protect themselves from germs, and we are somehow PARANOID for not wanting said gloves to come in contact with our private parts?

As if.

Ask them to change gloves.

Problem Solved.

But not without the prerequisite drama that would get you on FNC: better have your video camera ready and make a scene about, "Venereal Disease and Your Junk."

You have still not posted any links which show that I am either paranoid or incorrect.

See, this is what is called in the psychiatric community as a "set back."

:(:(

And you were doing so well when you admitted, "You know we are just paranoid head cases."

See, this is what is called in the psychiatric community as a "set back."

:(:(

And you were doing so well when you admitted, "You know we are just paranoid head cases."

According to YOU.

Not found any links to show that what they are doing is not a health hazard to the people they touch? LOL. I mean you HAVE had all day!

If there is no risk of any kind of infection, then they would not be wearing gloves themselves. So, since you claim there is not, I guess the TSA is just a bunch of paranoid head cases. :clap2:

Last edited:
So, since you claim there is not, I guess the TSA is just a bunch of paranoid head cases. :clap2:

Wow, I've never read anyone who is better at shooting themselves in the foot.

Um.....SECURITY...get it?

PARANOID is what they're PAID to be.

Forum List

Back