Is the Earth flat?

I just post the flaws in your " accepted science " ..

this seems to have shattered your belief system ? oh well ..

You still have to explain cyclonic motion ... and the math I asked for? ...

Finding flaws in "accepted science" is part and parcel to the scientific method ... if this is your goal here, then you need to explain yourself better ... and remember, finding the flaws in science also means you're finding flaws in the math ...

My belief system is based on "Love your brother as you love yourself" ... science doesn't address this (very well) ... when the wind starts picking up from the southwest (in the Northern Hemisphere) and wispy clouds start moving overhead ... the loving thing to do for my brother is chase his children indoors so they don't get rained on, catch a cold and die ... what's your belief system based on? ...

Last edited:
Serious question... Does anybody here believe that the Earth is flat?

Ive heard some buzz about the subject and I’d love to talk to somebody who actually believes this.
To be a Flat Earther, you have to believe every scientist on Earth is in on a conspiracy.

Flat Earth is a conspiracy theory up there with fake moon landings, UFOs, 9/11 truthers, and a Crowdstrike server in Ukraine.

Ignorant, drugged and in debt.
Oh yeah? Then what is your excuse for being an embarrassing climate science denier? If you say "drugged" , I will have more respect for you.

What am I denying?
:rolleyes:

What am I denying. Be specific.
I will point it out next time. I am not here to do your exercises. I figure it won't take long...
You can’t answer a simple question?

I shoud have known to never work archaversine function without a belly full of coffee ...

I'd like to see the math on the first proof ... at 6 miles, the bulge should be 17 furlongs, not 6 feet ... it's 4am so I'll be back later after some coffee ...

Son of a bitch ... the sagitta is 6 feet ... not 17 radians ... dammit ...

Here comes the Sun - Flat Earth Sun explained

This is great! The narrator calls things fact that are clearly not fact like the focus of sunlight through our atmosphere not being possible with a large distant sun and I love that it brings up chem trails!!! In an era when we can get in a plane and fly around the world, take images from space and have science to understand how much of our solar system works, it is fascinating that people still buy into the flat earth theory.

if you believe the earth is flat then where is the edge of the world? That drop off point? Have you tried to take a trip and visit that finite horizon?

Ive heard some buzz about the subject and I’d love to talk to somebody who actually believes this.
To be a Flat Earther, you have to believe every scientist on Earth is in on a conspiracy.

Flat Earth is a conspiracy theory up there with fake moon landings, UFOs, 9/11 truthers, and a Crowdstrike server in Ukraine.
I agree, but we have a believer here defending the science so it’s a good opportunity to put your debate skills to use and debunk the theory

I agree, but we have a believer here defending the science so it’s a good opportunity to put your debate skills to use and debunk the theory
There is no "science" behind the Flat Earth horseshit.

To debunk it, all you have to do is take an around the world trip.

Millennials, who vote strongly Democrat, believe the world is flat.

flat-earth-americans-believe-1200x714.png

Only Two-Thirds Of American Millennials Believe The Earth Is Round
Republican voters are more likely to believe in Bigfoot and the Illuminati, while Democratic voters are more likely to believe in aliens

When it comes to less partisan issues, such as the psedoscientific beliefs polled by INSIDER, differences aren't quite as extreme.

Least polarizing of all conspiracy theories, INSIDER found, was the flat earth theory, which posits, contrary to fact, that the earth is a plane rather than a sphere. Fewer than 3% of both Republicans and Democrats found the idea to be credible.

The Earth is flat locally ... a small community can be platted on a plane accurately enough ...

Maybe y'all remember spherical coordinates from high school algebra class ... with constant radius, any location on Earth can be pin pointed with just latitude and longitude ... so if by flat, you mean described in two dimensions, you could give a yes answer ...

The first derivative is flat, what the hell more could you want? ...
Because the Earth is round, the lines of longitude merge towards one another as they approach the poles. They are farther apart from one another as they approach the equator.

So the first derivative is not flat. It is curved. What the hell more could you want?

Last edited:
Out of sheer curiosity, I was looking at some FE videos on YouTube a while back. According to the them, the Flat Earth Society is a "controlled opposition" front group designed to look insane so that when anyone researches the flat earth thing, they go there first then look no further. So they always make it clear that they don't agree with the Flat Earth society.

They talk about how NASA was founded by Nazis and Occultists (there is actually some truth to that, look into Operation Paperclip) and they claim that none of the images of the earth are real, they say they are photoshopped images pieced together. Don't quote me on this, but I heard that someone from NASA actually admitted that, and said "they have to be."

A lot of them seem to believe the earth has an impenetrable barrier (the christians flat-earthers call it the "firmament") so they don't believe we've been to outerspace. Yes, I know it sounds insane, but amazingly, it seems to actually be a growing movement, in the last 4 or 5 years.

This guy believes it from a Christian perspective, if anyone is bored and wants to learn what they believe:

Fascinating.. I wonder how they explain daylight in LA while it’s dark in London

See animated graphic here: Flat Earth - Frequently Asked Questions

They believe the sun is very tiny.

Out of sheer curiosity, I was looking at some FE videos on YouTube a while back. According to the them, the Flat Earth Society is a "controlled opposition" front group designed to look insane so that when anyone researches the flat earth thing, they go there first then look no further. So they always make it clear that they don't agree with the Flat Earth society.

They talk about how NASA was founded by Nazis and Occultists (there is actually some truth to that, look into Operation Paperclip) and they claim that none of the images of the earth are real, they say they are photoshopped images pieced together. Don't quote me on this, but I heard that someone from NASA actually admitted that, and said "they have to be."

A lot of them seem to believe the earth has an impenetrable barrier (the christians flat-earthers call it the "firmament") so they don't believe we've been to outerspace. Yes, I know it sounds insane, but amazingly, it seems to actually be a growing movement, in the last 4 or 5 years.

This guy believes it from a Christian perspective, if anyone is bored and wants to learn what they believe:

The only thing about these folks that makes me wonder are the images of cities thru a telescope that are well over a hundred miles away -- well beyond the curvature of the earth. I actually think THEY are the ones faking images, but I've honestly never looked into it because, to be blunt, they're crazy.

The Bible gives plenty of evidence that the earth is a ball that "hangs on nothing"

Even the ancient Greeks knew the earth was a sphere and even calculated its size

Yeah, I've heard many stories like that, about people saying that they were able to see a particular landmark from a long distance where it should not have been visible, according to the size / curvature of the earth that we've been told. So, if all those people are telling the truth, then either the earth is a lot bigger than we've been told, or there is some other reason.

As for the bible, you should hear what Rob Skiba has to say about that. It might surprise you and make you mad. lol.

Key words: "IF those people are telling the truth."

They aren't.

Republican voters are more likely to believe in Bigfoot and the Illuminati, while Democratic voters are more likely to believe in aliens

When it comes to less partisan issues, such as the psedoscientific beliefs polled by INSIDER, differences aren't quite as extreme.

Least polarizing of all conspiracy theories, INSIDER found, was the flat earth theory, which posits, contrary to fact, that the earth is a plane rather than a sphere. Fewer than 3% of both Republicans and Democrats found the idea to be credible.
What's "Insider"? Why does their poll have credibility? Never heard of the site. I dont believe in aliens, bigfoot or a flat earth

What's "Insider"? Why does their poll have credibility? Never heard of the site. I dont believe in aliens, bigfoot or a flat earth
No one said you do.

But some Republicans believe in Bigfoot and the Illuminati.

On the one side, we have gravity to explain all we see ... now we need a statement of theory from the other side ... or there's nothing to debate ...

Forum List

Back