Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

I am glad to see that you are still a partisan hack of the first order. Read all of these and get back to me.

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

And they were wrong. All those people were wrong. They kicked out the arms inspectors so they could invade.

He was a tyrant, he was evil, he was probably everything everyone hates. But he didn't have WMD's. He was BSing us all along so he would seem like a worse guy then he was. And everyone fell of it.

BUT less then half of the congressional Dems voted to go to war. By then they had begun to see through the crap.

Thousands are dead and we are deeply in debt and why? It was all for nothing. You whine about the rape rooms, but you really can't say with any certainty that it isn't still going on. Pshaw!

I'd ask you why we should care about $516 trillion in derivatives, but you've already shown your inability to do simple math.

Are you really this stupid?

It was the derivative bubble that brought down our economy.

Our economy was brought down when homeowners started defaulting on their mortgages.
Derivatives had nothing to do with it.

It's okay for you to admit you don't understand derivatives. Not many people do.
Wow - you are an idiot.

NY Times Reporter Confirms Obama Made Deal to Kill Public Option

For months I've been reporting in The Huffington Post that President Obama made a backroom deal last summer with the for-profit hospital lobby that he would make sure there would be no national public option in the final health reform legislation.http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/wendell-potter-says-fat-cats-are-winn

daveman will be along any time now to make fun of you for using anything associated in any way with the Huffington Post. Because he's honest and consistent.

Any time now....you watch....

And they were wrong.

Quote: Originally Posted by Trajan View Post

I am glad to see that you are still a partisan hack of the first order. Read all of these and get back to me.

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

and so are your quote skills, this is NOT MY QUOTE ....hello, fix it.

Last edited:
And this once again demonstrates that Republicans are not necessarily conservative.

If by "conservative" you mean Moronic Religious Christian Fundamentalists you are correct. They were bit players in the party until Bush II and Karl Rove actively recruited their participation in his daddy's run for POTUS. I despise those stupid fucks. They ruined the GOP.

I hope you don't mind if a liberal speaks up. But I agree with you. It used to be that I could have good substantial discussions with conservatives. Most of the time we didn't change each others minds but they were fun and gave us each a basic understanding of how the other side (if you will) was thinking. I've really missed them. I know you good folks are still out there somewhere, but I don't run into them much anymore. So it's really nice to see you here and I hope we can communicate without rancor.
Huggy is one of the good ones. You'll find a few more here, but that's all.

Look around you. Does it look like Obama's Presidency has been a success for the nation?
Yes. We are not in a depression, and Wall Street has nearly doubled. Not only that, the leader of the terrorist organization that Bush let attack America has been killed.

Nice math.

Unless you want to tell me how going from:

Stock Market Closing Prices - 1/20/09

Dow Jones Industrial Average ( DJIA ) Close - 7949.09

Stock Market Closing Prices - 6/29/11

Dow Jones Industrial Average ( DJIA ) Close - 12261.42

is somehow double.

It went from 14,279.96 on Thursday, October 11, 2007 to 6,443 on Friday, March 6, 2009. That was about 6 weeks after Obama took office, and before any of his policies took effect. 12,261 is nearly double 6,443.

And you should be quite proud of your insinuations that our soldiers under Bush's leadership were complacent in hunting down OBL.

Soldiers don't make up their own orders and missions. Bush didn't put a priority on killing bin Laden. First he let al Qaeda attack America, then he let bin Laden escape to gin up his revenge war against Saddam.

the jury is still out on the iraq invasion susan.

Maybe the jury is still out for you. But I was against the invasion from the beginning. When I first started hearing about it, the TH's were all over the media saying how we'd be greeted with flowers, they would be happy we invaded. And I knew with every nerve in my body they were wrong. I knew that the women in Iraq didn't have it as bad as some middle east countries and I knew they did not want us to come. And I was right. While we were told we would be there 6 months tops, I knew they were lying. When they said they didn't have to have a war tax because it would pay for itself, I knew they were lying.

For some reason one of the interviews about Iraq was with Thomas Friedman and I was so fucking mad at his sanctimony. I am stlll mad at him...I'm a very good grudge holder. I don't see myself outliving this grudge.

Personally I don't know how you can think that the jury is still out, it was a lie from beginning to end. But please feel free think whatever you choose as will I.

Suit your self, but you must be pissed at the United States Congress and all of the liberal Democrats that were 'lying' as well. The United Nations who agreed Saddam had crossed the line and passed a resolution to that effect.

I bat 100% with my hindsight, but I think the world is a better place without Saddam Hussein. The rape rooms must have been great for the women, huh!

Another Bushie lie.

Yes. We are not in a depression, and Wall Street has nearly doubled. Not only that, the leader of the terrorist organization that Bush let attack America has been killed.

Nice math.

Unless you want to tell me how going from:

Stock Market Closing Prices - 1/20/09

Dow Jones Industrial Average ( DJIA ) Close - 7949.09

Stock Market Closing Prices - 6/29/11

Dow Jones Industrial Average ( DJIA ) Close - 12261.42

is somehow double.

It went from 14,279.96 on Thursday, October 11, 2007 to 6,443 on Friday, March 6, 2009. That was about 6 weeks after Obama took office, and before any of his policies took effect. 12,261 is nearly double 6,443.

And you should be quite proud of your insinuations that our soldiers under Bush's leadership were complacent in hunting down OBL.

Soldiers don't make up their own orders and missions. Bush didn't put a priority on killing bin Laden. First he let al Qaeda attack America, then he let bin Laden escape to gin up his revenge war against Saddam.

Hack. You don't get to pick numbers out of your ass. Your contention was that HE doubled the DOW, which is patently wrong.

Keep spinning.

Right, Bush LET OBL attack us. It was a grand plan from the mastermind.

Synth....he did not let AQ attack America......even if Clinton was still president at the time or Gore would have won......it still would have very likely happened.....the Security people who actually are the ones who do their damnedest to protect everyone were still the same people..... if your saying Bush said who gives a fuck,then your saying they had the same attitude.....i dont buy that.....the only thing that was screwed about the Police agencies is they did not communicate to well among each other......which i hope has changed.....

Synth....he did not let AQ attack America......even if Clinton was still president at the time or Gore would have won......it still would have very likely happened.....the Security people who actually are the ones who do their damnedest to protect everyone were still the same people..... if your saying Bush said who gives a fuck,then your saying they had the same attitude.....i dont buy that.....the only thing that was screwed about the Police agencies is they did not communicate to well among each other......which i hope has changed.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o]YouTube - ‪Bush: Truly not concerned about bin Laden (short version)‬‏[/ame]

Well, daveman is a complete fool, so . . .
:lol: If Obama ate live kittens on television, you'd praise him for controlling the unwanted pet population.

Barack%2BObama-Sucka%2BDrank%2Bthe%2BKool-Aid%2BDidn%27t%2BYa.jpg

Don't you have an unemployment check to cash?
Thanks to Democrats fucking up the economy, yes.

But, hey, I'm not a Union member, so you don't give a shit.

Go fuck yourself Sparky. I've been a Republican longer than you have drawn your wasted breath in this world. You don't even know what true republican principles are. If you are younger than 50 then you wouldn't know what you are talking about.
And this once again demonstrates that Republicans are not necessarily conservative.

If by "conservative" you mean Moronic Religious Christian Fundamentalists you are correct. They were bit players in the party until Bush II and Karl Rove actively recruited their participation in his daddy's run for POTUS. I despise those stupid fucks. They ruined the GOP.
No, the GOP, by moving to the left, ruined the GOP.

We have one Democratic Party. We don't need two.

No, paying taxes is not good for America. Furthermore, that doesn't explain how the government is entitled to take my money. All it says is that you approve.

Like I said, modern day conservatism is the political codification of selfshness.

It is patriotic to pay taxes.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. - John Kenneth Galbraith
The modern liberal is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in amoral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for covetousness.

No, the mythology that cutting taxes for the rich will help the economy is the problem.

You can't cut taxes and increase spending at the same time. Reagan and the two Bushes did this and created 93% of the National Debt. If the Republican Party doesn't accept the fact that we have to raise taxes as well as cut military spending, we are doomed.

We know because Raygun give them to him...but all the Bushie allusions to mushroom clouds was horse shytte. France was right.

NY Times Reporter Confirms Obama Made Deal to Kill Public Option

For months I've been reporting in The Huffington Post that President Obama made a backroom deal last summer with the for-profit hospital lobby that he would make sure there would be no national public option in the final health reform legislation.http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/wendell-potter-says-fat-cats-are-winn

daveman will be along any time now to make fun of you for using anything associated in any way with the Huffington Post. Because he's honest and consistent.

Any time now....you watch....
butthurt.jpg

Maybe the jury is still out for you. But I was against the invasion from the beginning. When I first started hearing about it, the TH's were all over the media saying how we'd be greeted with flowers, they would be happy we invaded. And I knew with every nerve in my body they were wrong. I knew that the women in Iraq didn't have it as bad as some middle east countries and I knew they did not want us to come. And I was right. While we were told we would be there 6 months tops, I knew they were lying. When they said they didn't have to have a war tax because it would pay for itself, I knew they were lying.

For some reason one of the interviews about Iraq was with Thomas Friedman and I was so fucking mad at his sanctimony. I am stlll mad at him...I'm a very good grudge holder. I don't see myself outliving this grudge.

Personally I don't know how you can think that the jury is still out, it was a lie from beginning to end. But please feel free think whatever you choose as will I.

Suit your self, but you must be pissed at the United States Congress and all of the liberal Democrats that were 'lying' as well. The United Nations who agreed Saddam had crossed the line and passed a resolution to that effect.

I bat 100% with my hindsight, but I think the world is a better place without Saddam Hussein. The rape rooms must have been great for the women, huh!

Another Bushie lie.
Saddam Hussein thanks you for your support, but alas, he is dead.

No, the mythology that cutting taxes for the rich will help the economy is the problem.

You can't cut taxes and increase spending at the same time. Reagan and the two Bushes did this and created 93% of the National Debt. If the Republican Party doesn't accept the fact that we have to raise taxes as well as cut military spending, we are doomed.

Coming from someone who insists that hot temperatures are proof of global warming, your judgement is suspect.

Forum List

Back