Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

No, the GOP, by moving to the left, ruined the GOP.

We have one Democratic Party. We don't need two.

No, the mythology that cutting taxes for the rich will help the economy is the problem.

You can't cut taxes and increase spending at the same time. Reagan and the two Bushes did this and created 93% of the National Debt. If the Republican Party doesn't accept the fact that we have to raise taxes as well as cut military spending, we are doomed.

Coming from someone who insists that hot temperatures are proof of global warming, your judgement is suspect.

My judgement is quite good.

We need to raise taxes and cut spending. Simple mathmatics.

But Americans aren't too good at science and math.

Some of them don't even realize that doubling atmospheric CO2 causes the earth to warm.

Or that we have already melted 40% of the North polar ice cap in the last 40 years.

Or that CO2 is at its highest level in 2 million years.

Or that we are adding 27 billion tons of CO2 to the atmosphere every year.

Or that there is a garbage patch in the Pacific Ocean twice the size of Texas.

Or that there is a hole in the ozone that we created, larger than the continent of Antarctica.

Or that we created an oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico larger than the state of Maryland.

No, the mythology that cutting taxes for the rich will help the economy is the problem.

You can't cut taxes and increase spending at the same time. Reagan and the two Bushes did this and created 93% of the National Debt. If the Republican Party doesn't accept the fact that we have to raise taxes as well as cut military spending, we are doomed.

Coming from someone who insists that hot temperatures are proof of global warming, your judgement is suspect.

Some of them don't even realize that doubling atmospheric CO2 causes the earth to warm.

Or that we have already melted 40% of the North polar ice cap in the last 40 years.

Or that there is a hole in the ozone that we created, larger than the continent of Antarctica.

Or that we created an oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico larger than the state of Maryland.
I take it you're one of those Americans who aren't too good at science and math.

The modern liberal is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in amoral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for covetousness.

According to the liberal dictionary, selfishness is when you want to keep your own money. Compassion is when you want to take someone else's money.

But Bachmann said that CO2 is harmless, so it must be true.

:lol: If Obama ate live kittens on television, you'd praise him for controlling the unwanted pet population.

Barack%2BObama-Sucka%2BDrank%2Bthe%2BKool-Aid%2BDidn%27t%2BYa.jpg

Don't you have an unemployment check to cash?
Thanks to Democrats fucking up the economy, yes.

But, hey, I'm not a Union member, so you don't give a shit.

Oh... blaming other people for your own misfortunes... Isn't that what you accuse others of on a continual basis?

You think that's what I'm all about... Unions? I think you've read enough of my posts to know that I care about all of the working class, not just unionized employees.

I want to see everyone work hard and be able to live a decent life(economy-wise). Not high on the hog... but a certain basic lifestyle. Anything beyond that lifestyle is up to you.

True freedom is being healthy and having the money to get well if sick. And those pantywaists would support the status quo to make sure that the insurance companies make maximum profits. This is nothing esoteric, not smart words. But real living. I'm an old lady now and I have watched with despair as people have lost everything because they got sick.

And you bring up libertarianism and freedom in the same sentence? What a crock.

Freedom means the ability to spend other people's money, it does not mean the ability to keep your own. Wow, you are sick.

Soldiers don't make up their own orders and missions. Bush didn't put a priority on killing bin Laden. First he let al Qaeda attack America, then he let bin Laden escape to gin up his revenge war against Saddam.

Synth....he did not let AQ attack America......even if Clinton was still president at the time or Gore would have won......it still would have very likely happened.....the Security people who actually are the ones who do their damnedest to protect everyone were still the same people..... if your saying Bush said who gives a fuck,then your saying they had the same attitude.....i dont buy that.....the only thing that was screwed about the Police agencies is they did not communicate to well among each other......which i hope has changed.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o]YouTube - ‪Bush: Truly not concerned about bin Laden (short version)‬‏[/ame]

Chris your a dumbass.....so if the FBI knew about this they would just ignore it right?......give me a fucking break.....you know dam well why Bush said what he did.....because they could not locate the guy,so Bush like the idiot he is, instead of just saying we are still looking, he said what he said.....he is a Moron,we know that....but for you to think that those in charge of security of the US would ignore this if they knew it was going to happen....shows me the contempt you have for this Country.....why dont you leave the Country so we dont have to smell your contemptuous shit whenever you show up....

And this once again demonstrates that Republicans are not necessarily conservative.

If by "conservative" you mean Moronic Religious Christian Fundamentalists you are correct. They were bit players in the party until Bush II and Karl Rove actively recruited their participation in his daddy's run for POTUS. I despise those stupid fucks. They ruined the GOP.

the Left?....i dont know Dave.....i think they have moved to far Right.....

Freedom means the ability to spend other people's money, it does not mean the ability to keep your own. Wow, you are sick.

What she calls "freedom" is really security, and she expects others to pay for it. In other words, welfare is her idea of "freedom."

Sick, isn't it?

Don't you have an unemployment check to cash?
Thanks to Democrats fucking up the economy, yes.

But, hey, I'm not a Union member, so you don't give a shit.

Oh... blaming other people for your own misfortunes... Isn't that what you accuse others of on a continual basis?
Recognition of the contributing causes of my situation is not blaming anyone. My reaction to them is my responsibility and mine alone.
You think that's what I'm all about... Unions? I think you've read enough of my posts to know that I care about all of the working class, not just unionized employees.

I want to see everyone work hard and be able to live a decent life(economy-wise). Not high on the hog... but a certain basic lifestyle. Anything beyond that lifestyle is up to you.
For someone who claims to care about the working class, you sure to have contempt for many of them.

If by "conservative" you mean Moronic Religious Christian Fundamentalists you are correct. They were bit players in the party until Bush II and Karl Rove actively recruited their participation in his daddy's run for POTUS. I despise those stupid fucks. They ruined the GOP.

the Left?....i dont know Dave.....i think they have moved to far Right.....

No, they've abandoned their conservative principles in favor of paying back special interest groups -- what the Democrats are all about.

But Americans aren't too good at science and math

then why are your Democrats still spending like crazy?.....if they are getting resistance to raising Taxes.....why would they then STILL spend what we dont have?.....why would they not at least STOP SPENDING?.....

But Americans aren't too good at science and math

even Democrats?......does Dean know you are saying this?.....

Last edited:
As we approach 60 pages, many filled with nonsense and efforts to deflect from the central question by kaz, bripat, daveman and the ubiquitous stupidty of crusaderfrank, no one on the right has offered any evidence of any action taken or speech given by the GOP leadership, or a Republican candidate for president, offering a solution to our on-going economic problems.

Every effort at solving the impasse between the parties has been initiated by President Obama, every compromise has been achieved only when the President has caved to non negotiable demands of the radical right.

The question, Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery has been asked and answered. There is ample evidence of obstructionism, goal post moving and blind adherance to the first commandment of the GOP under the leadership of Big Brother, aka Grover Norquist; "thou shall not question the party line". Independent thinking, critical thinking and pragmatic ideas are all Verboten.

Last edited:
No, they've abandoned their conservative principles in favor of paying back special interest groups -- what the Democrats are all about.

Plundering the productive and doling out the swag to their favored constituent groups is the fundamental principle of the Democrat party.

Forum List

Back