Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

One thing to note is that SS is still technically in the black with around a 2 trillion surplus.
To group it with general revenue spending is bogus.

And is the medicare spending show as minus the medicare payments the recipients pay in?

But FOXNEWS Told me.....and it was reiterated by Rush and Hannity... so IT MUST BE TRUEEEE!

Because paying taxes is good for America.

But modern day conservatism is the political codification of selfishness.

No, paying taxes is not good for America. Furthermore, that doesn't explain how the government is entitled to take my money. All it says is that you approve.

Like I said, modern day conservatism is the political codification of selfshness.

It is patriotic to pay taxes.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

By their own admission...the answer is YES! The GOP leadership has stated since Obama's first day that their only mission was to see him fail. They do not give a second thought to what this mission costs our nation. They are unconscionable traitors.
Look around you. Does it look like Obama's Presidency has been a success for the nation?
Yes. We are not in a depression, and Wall Street has nearly doubled. Not only that, the leader of the terrorist organization that Bush let attack America has been killed.

Nice math.

Unless you want to tell me how going from:

Stock Market Closing Prices - 1/20/09

Dow Jones Industrial Average ( DJIA ) Close - 7949.09

Stock Market Closing Prices - 6/29/11

Dow Jones Industrial Average ( DJIA ) Close - 12261.42

is somehow double.

And you should be quite proud of your insinuations that our soldiers under Bush's leadership were complacent in hunting down OBL.

I guess you didn't send Bush a thank you card for the intel he obtained which made the kill possible, huh?

But please continue to think that Americans will reelect Obama on his "kill". (Of course, it is possible that there are enough morons for that to be enough, I suppose.)

Go fuck yourself Sparky. I've been a Republican longer than you have drawn your wasted breath in this world. You don't even know what true republican principles are. If you are younger than 50 then you wouldn't know what you are talking about.
And this once again demonstrates that Republicans are not necessarily conservative.

If by "conservative" you mean Moronic Religious Christian Fundamentalists you are correct. They were bit players in the party until Bush II and Karl Rove actively recruited their participation in his daddy's run for POTUS. I despise those stupid fucks. They ruined the GOP.

Huggy, with all due respect, you are truly a tool and clueless beyond words. Don't you have a slow song to post in your thread or something?

Go join the Gobama reelection team. They need more fine conservative Republicans such as yourself to help.

you have got to be kidding.... sources I have a feeling you'll appreciate;

NY Times Reporter Confirms Obama Made Deal to Kill Public Option

For months I've been reporting in The Huffington Post that President Obama made a backroom deal last summer with the for-profit hospital lobby that he would make sure there would be no national public option in the final health reform legislation.

Miles Mogulescu: NY Times Reporter Confirms Obama Made Deal to Kill Public Option

and-

Wendell Potter Says 'The Fat Cats Are Winning,' This is A 'Pig of a Bill.'

Former CIGNA PR chief Wendell Potter is very, very angry over Obama's movement away from true healthcare reform..

Wendell Potter Says 'The Fat Cats Are Winning,' This is A 'Pig of a Bill.' | Crooks and Liars

Unlike most righties, I read everything. Sorry to disappoint you but none of this news to me.

uh huh, well if you read it you would not have made the statement you made back in your original post, unless you suffer a lack of mental stability or are a fibber hoping no one would notice.

Pssst. Don't bother. This is the shrill that thinks that SSDI benefits are only for crippled children. Not all there, so save your energy.

And this once again demonstrates that Republicans are not necessarily conservative.

If by "conservative" you mean Moronic Religious Christian Fundamentalists you are correct. They were bit players in the party until Bush II and Karl Rove actively recruited their participation in his daddy's run for POTUS. I despise those stupid fucks. They ruined the GOP.

I hope you don't mind if a liberal speaks up. But I agree with you. It used to be that I could have good substantial discussions with conservatives. Most of the time we didn't change each others minds but they were fun and gave us each a basic understanding of how the other side (if you will) was thinking. I've really missed them. I know you good folks are still out there somewhere, but I don't run into them much anymore. So it's really nice to see you here and I hope we can communicate without rancor.

Here is a little violin for you.

:eusa_boohoo:

I'm sorry, unless you are hiding out under a ROCK, the jury about the Iraq invasion came in about 19 days after we invaded, took command, and found NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION as Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and a thousand other right wing idiots told us, on television, on tape, in the press, and elsewhere, that we WOULD DEFINITELY FIND.

Rumsfeld:

"
"We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat." –on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction"
Donald Rumsfeld Quotes - Funny Rumsfeld Quotations - Rumsfeldisms

Shall I go on?

Jury still out??? Were you one of those guys that voted OJ not guilty? THAT Jury?

People here actually post stupid statements like "the jury is still out on the iraq invasion susan."

I didn't think even a Republican could be THAT dumb that long!

Lorazepam is your friend squirt.

IF you had asked why I think the jury is still out I would have told you, hint I wasn’t speaking to/about wmds, I KNOW there were no WMDS found, stop assuming everyone is rabid uber partisan troll like yourself.

Oh, it appears your objective here is to join tai-chi liberal in becoming the biggest jackass on this board. You are well on your way.

Unlike most righties, I read everything. Sorry to disappoint you but none of this news to me.

uh huh, well if you read it you would not have made the statement you made back in your original post, unless you suffer a lack of mental stability or are a fibber hoping no one would notice.

Go ahead sport, shoot your best shot.

:eusa_eh:read the post I answered with the links from huff po and crooks and liars...............hello..

One thing to note is that SS is still technically in the black with around a 2 trillion surplus.

And is the medicare spending show as minus the medicare payments the recipients pay in?

But FOXNEWS Told me.....and it was reiterated by Rush and Hannity... so IT MUST BE TRUEEEE!

"These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis,"

Pssst. Don't bother. This is the shrill that thinks that SSDI benefits are only for crippled children. Not all there, so save your energy.

thx man...., I was sensing a "disturbance in the force"....;)

HAHAHAHAHA!! I figured you probably misread something I wrote. What I posted was,

Your ignorance is showing. SSDI is not part of the retirement program and you do not have to work to collect. This is the program they use for disabled children.

As you can see I never said that SSDI was ONLY for crippled children, plus this had nothing to do with the articles about the president and the healthcare bill. Gawd, you guys are slow.

Lorazepam is your friend squirt.

IF you had asked why I think the jury is still out I would have told you, hint I wasn’t speaking to/about wmds, I KNOW there were no WMDS found, stop assuming everyone is rabid uber partisan troll like yourself.

Oh, it appears your objective here is to join tai-chi liberal in becoming the biggest jackass on this board. You are well on your way.

After being here for just a short time I realize that there is no way he could be a bigger jackass then you.

Now are you going to back up that insult you posted to me a while back? Or are you having a difficult time finding that post?

I hope you don't mind if a liberal speaks up. But I agree with you. It used to be that I could have good substantial discussions with conservatives. Most of the time we didn't change each others minds but they were fun and gave us each a basic understanding of how the other side (if you will) was thinking. I've really missed them. I know you good folks are still out there somewhere, but I don't run into them much anymore. So it's really nice to see you here and I hope we can communicate without rancor.
Personally, I think it's pretty stupid to just interrupt a subject because you are so partisan you can't think straight. In fact, your post is one of the dumbest posts of the day.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Quick, who said this 40 minutes ago? :lol:

Link:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/3818552-post46.html

Coming from an American that is so funny to read. You didn't explain, and you still haven't explained what the heck you meant by the absolutely OUTRAGEOUS comment that "the jury is still out"... only in your imagination is any jury sitting on the biggest international war crimes blunder of the history of the USA: Bush's brainless decision to invade Iraq, a country that had NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH 9/11 !!!

As for insulting me, with your fancy dances, "tai chi" and "jackass" I think there are limits on how insulting you can be when you are reported for racial and outright insulting posts on this board, and still remain.

I will leave it up to the moderators to make that determination about the racism shown to me here in your post above, and the outright insults in English, plain as day.

It's YOUR choice to remain and to remain civil, even if logic and historical knowledge escapes your purview.

What war crimes are we talking about today?

After being here for just a short time I realize that there is no way he could be a bigger jackass then you.

Now are you going to back up that insult you posted to me a while back? Or are you having a difficult time finding that post?

Oh I CAN be a "jackass" sometimes, and I'm willing to be called out when I am one. I will freely admit to it, if I make a gross mistake or misrepresentation of fact, logic, or inference.

But I can't be a bigger "jackass" than the man that committed a trillion dollars to a war in Iraq for no logical reason at all, got more American servicemen killed in that war than all people who died on 9/11, Americans, Brits, Muslims, others. That is the number one problem America, nation of 330 million, has to live down in a world of almost 7 billion people, most of whom think George W Bush, and his lying, cheating self-serving band was the worst supposedly "elected"leader since Hitler.

I'm happy to be a "jackass" to the few dozen uninformed right wing posters here on this board, I make no difference in a real world, but literally billions of people worldwide wonder what Bush Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, and so many others do to sleep at night, knowing most of the world hates them for what they did.

Shut the fuck up loser.

:cuckoo:

To be perfectly clear, it means you're an ignoramus and a coward. You can't even explain your most fundamental beliefs.
No, it means you are a fringe extremist moron, who I cannot take seriously.

Running away from a debate like a scared little puppy is not a convincing argument. Furthermore, it's the mark of a coward.

If you had an argument, you would have posted it.

Just admit you've never thought one step past the propaganda your Marxist professors rammed into your thick skull. Confession is good for the soul.

What a load of crap. I guess you don't remember calling people anti-american for not supporting Bush' little trip to Iraq. I will never forget it. Obviously you want to forget it because we were right. We shouldn't have gone into Iraq.

I don't have to wait for Obama to find any al Qaeda...He already did, in Pakistan, and killed the MF. Your side couldn't find him in 7 yrs. Of course as Bush says himself, he didn't concern himself with OBL. But there were a whole hell of a lot of us that did care and there were kids that never knew life without that boogy man.

You can mock the president all you want, but he took a big, black cloud off of our backs with the assination of OBL. And while you might try and spin the facts there are little kids going to bed tonight that know they don't have to be afraid of that boogy man anymore.

the jury is still out on the iraq invasion susan.

Maybe the jury is still out for you. But I was against the invasion from the beginning. When I first started hearing about it, the TH's were all over the media saying how we'd be greeted with flowers, they would be happy we invaded. And I knew with every nerve in my body they were wrong. I knew that the women in Iraq didn't have it as bad as some middle east countries and I knew they did not want us to come. And I was right. While we were told we would be there 6 months tops, I knew they were lying. When they said they didn't have to have a war tax because it would pay for itself, I knew they were lying.

For some reason one of the interviews about Iraq was with Thomas Friedman and I was so fucking mad at his sanctimony. I am stlll mad at him...I'm a very good grudge holder. I don't see myself outliving this grudge.

Personally I don't know how you can think that the jury is still out, it was a lie from beginning to end. But please feel free think whatever you choose as will I.

Suit your self, but you must be pissed at the United States Congress and all of the liberal Democrats that were 'lying' as well. The United Nations who agreed Saddam had crossed the line and passed a resolution to that effect.

I bat 100% with my hindsight, but I think the world is a better place without Saddam Hussein. The rape rooms must have been great for the women, huh!

I'm sorry, unless you are hiding out under a ROCK, the jury about the Iraq invasion came in about 19 days after we invaded, took command, and found NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION as Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and a thousand other right wing idiots told us, on television, on tape, in the press, and elsewhere, that we WOULD DEFINITELY FIND.

Rumsfeld:

"
"We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat." –on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction"
Donald Rumsfeld Quotes - Funny Rumsfeld Quotations - Rumsfeldisms

Shall I go on?

Jury still out??? Were you one of those guys that voted OJ not guilty? THAT Jury?

People here actually post stupid statements like "the jury is still out on the iraq invasion susan."

I didn't think even a Republican could be THAT dumb that long!

I am glad to see that you are still a partisan hack of the first order. Read all of these and get back to me.

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis,"

Not since they were placed in conservatorship.

The federal takeover of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac refers to the placing into conservatorship of government sponsored enterprises Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac by the U.S. Treasury in September 2008. It was one financial event among many in the ongoing subprime mortgage crisis.
The combined GSE losses of US$14.9 billion and market concerns about their ability to raise capital and debt threatened to disrupt the U.S. housing financial market. The Treasury committed to invest as much as US$200 billion in preferred stock and extend credit through 2009 to keep the GSEs solvent and operating. The two GSEs have outstanding more than US$ 5 trillion in mortgage backed securities (MBS) and debt; the debt portion alone is $1.6 trillion.[6] The conservatorship action has been described as "one of the most sweeping government interventions in private financial markets in decades,"[7] and one that "could turn into the biggest and costliest government bailout ever of private companies".[8]
With a growing sense of crisis in U.S. financial markets, the conservatorship action and commitment by the U.S. government to backstop the two GSEs with up to US$ 200 billion in additional capital turned out to be the first significant event in a tumultuous month among U.S.-based investment banking, financial institutions and federal regulatory bodies.

Federal takeover of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back