Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

What a load of crap. I guess you don't remember calling people anti-american for not supporting Bush' little trip to Iraq. I will never forget it. Obviously you want to forget it because we were right. We shouldn't have gone into Iraq.

I don't have to wait for Obama to find any al Qaeda...He already did, in Pakistan, and killed the MF. Your side couldn't find him in 7 yrs. Of course as Bush says himself, he didn't concern himself with OBL. But there were a whole hell of a lot of us that did care and there were kids that never knew life without that boogy man.

You can mock the president all you want, but he took a big, black cloud off of our backs with the assination of OBL. And while you might try and spin the facts there are little kids going to bed tonight that know they don't have to be afraid of that boogy man anymore.

the jury is still out on the iraq invasion susan.

Maybe the jury is still out for you. But I was against the invasion from the beginning. When I first started hearing about it, the TH's were all over the media saying how we'd be greeted with flowers, they would be happy we invaded. And I knew with every nerve in my body they were wrong. I knew that the women in Iraq didn't have it as bad as some middle east countries and I knew they did not want us to come. And I was right. While we were told we would be there 6 months tops, I knew they were lying. When they said they didn't have to have a war tax because it would pay for itself, I knew they were lying.

For some reason one of the interviews about Iraq was with Thomas Friedman and I was so fucking mad at his sanctimony. I am stlll mad at him...I'm a very good grudge holder. I don't see myself outliving this grudge.

Personally I don't know how you can think that the jury is still out, it was a lie from beginning to end. But please feel free think whatever you choose as will I.
Emotionalism. Pure emotionalism.

What a load of crap. I guess you don't remember calling people anti-american for not supporting Bush' little trip to Iraq. I will never forget it. Obviously you want to forget it because we were right. We shouldn't have gone into Iraq.

I don't have to wait for Obama to find any al Qaeda...He already did, in Pakistan, and killed the MF. Your side couldn't find him in 7 yrs. Of course as Bush says himself, he didn't concern himself with OBL. But there were a whole hell of a lot of us that did care and there were kids that never knew life without that boogy man.

You can mock the president all you want, but he took a big, black cloud off of our backs with the assination of OBL. And while you might try and spin the facts there are little kids going to bed tonight that know they don't have to be afraid of that boogy man anymore.

the jury is still out on the iraq invasion susan.

Maybe the jury is still out for you. But I was against the invasion from the beginning. When I first started hearing about it, the TH's were all over the media saying how we'd be greeted with flowers, they would be happy we invaded. And I knew with every nerve in my body they were wrong. I knew that the women in Iraq didn't have it as bad as some middle east countries and I knew they did not want us to come. And I was right. While we were told we would be there 6 months tops, I knew they were lying. When they said they didn't have to have a war tax because it would pay for itself, I knew they were lying.

For some reason one of the interviews about Iraq was with Thomas Friedman and I was so fucking mad at his sanctimony. I am stlll mad at him...I'm a very good grudge holder. I don't see myself outliving this grudge.

Personally I don't know how you can think that the jury is still out, it was a lie from beginning to end. But please feel free think whatever you choose as will I.

I see so , since you're obviously not here to do anything but rant, I'll just ignore you.....your mind is closed....good luck with that.

You posted in support of bripat's claim that the gummint shouldn't take any of his money.

That reflects on you.

And you have yet to come up with an explanation as to why the government is entitled to take my money.

That reflects on you.

To be perfectly clear, it means you're an ignoramus and a coward. You can't even explain your most fundamental beliefs.
No, it means you are a fringe extremist moron, who I cannot take seriously.

I imagine that Gov. Scott Walker has had assurances from the Koch Brothers that regardless of his political future, he will be taken care of, with lucrative think tank jobs, etc.

There are all types of corruption in government, at all levels.

ex governors have no worries about their financial futures. For one thing, they get a pension for being governor. For another, numerous lucrative offers come their way the minute they leave office.

The idea that the Koch brothers could control a governor simply doesn't pass the laugh test.

Liberals simply cannot admit to themselves that a large majority of people reject their agenda.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBnSv3a6Nh4]YouTube - ‪Koch Whore: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker‬‏[/ame]

Some people are saying no, see the 'argument' against, here:

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.

By their own admission...the answer is YES! The GOP leadership has stated since Obama's first day that their only mission was to see him fail. They do not give a second thought to what this mission costs our nation. They are unconscionable traitors.
Look around you. Does it look like Obama's Presidency has been a success for the nation?
Yes. We are not in a depression, and Wall Street has nearly doubled. Not only that, the leader of the terrorist organization that Bush let attack America has been killed.

By their own admission...the answer is YES! The GOP leadership has stated since Obama's first day that their only mission was to see him fail. They do not give a second thought to what this mission costs our nation. They are unconscionable traitors.
Look around you. Does it look like Obama's Presidency has been a success for the nation?

Yes. Only a complete fool would not recognize what desperate straights we were in as he took office and where we are today.
Well, daveman is a complete fool, so . . .

People believing that conservatives should advance a conservative agenda on their own rather then through government force and that liberals should advance a liberal agenda on their own rather then through government force.

We are called libertarians. A true conservative or a true liberal would be a political libertarian because that is the only way they are actually free to pursue their goals

I am a liberal and have been a liberal for 50 years. I am not a libertarian of any kind and heaven only knows I don't need them for anything, especially my freedom. I don't need that bunch of pantywaists to be free. In fact since they are totally against single payer healthcare insurance I don't think they actually promote freedom for anyone, except the insurance company profits of course. They choose money over people. No "true" liberal would ever do that. So please, stop this crap because it kind of makes me feel ill.

True freedom is being healthy and having the money to get well if sick. And those pantywaists would support the status quo to make sure that the insurance companies make maximum profits. This is nothing esoteric, not smart words. But real living. I'm an old lady now and I have watched with despair as people have lost everything because they got sick.

And you bring up libertarianism and freedom in the same sentence? What a crock.

you have got to be kidding.... sources I have a feeling you'll appreciate;

NY Times Reporter Confirms Obama Made Deal to Kill Public Option

For months I've been reporting in The Huffington Post that President Obama made a backroom deal last summer with the for-profit hospital lobby that he would make sure there would be no national public option in the final health reform legislation.

Miles Mogulescu: NY Times Reporter Confirms Obama Made Deal to Kill Public Option

and-

Wendell Potter Says 'The Fat Cats Are Winning,' This is A 'Pig of a Bill.'

Former CIGNA PR chief Wendell Potter is very, very angry over Obama's movement away from true healthcare reform..

Wendell Potter Says 'The Fat Cats Are Winning,' This is A 'Pig of a Bill.' | Crooks and Liars

Unlike most righties, I read everything. Sorry to disappoint you but none of this news to me.

Yes. We are not in a depression, and Wall Street has nearly doubled. Not only that, the leader of the terrorist organization that Bush let attack America has been killed.
Retard. :rofl:

Yes. Only a complete fool would not recognize what desperate straights we were in as he took office and where we are today.
Well, daveman is a complete fool, so . . .
:lol: If Obama ate live kittens on television, you'd praise him for controlling the unwanted pet population.

Barack%2BObama-Sucka%2BDrank%2Bthe%2BKool-Aid%2BDidn%27t%2BYa.jpg

I am a liberal and have been a liberal for 50 years. I am not a libertarian of any kind and heaven only knows I don't need them for anything, especially my freedom. I don't need that bunch of pantywaists to be free. In fact since they are totally against single payer healthcare insurance I don't think they actually promote freedom for anyone, except the insurance company profits of course. They choose money over people. No "true" liberal would ever do that. So please, stop this crap because it kind of makes me feel ill.

True freedom is being healthy and having the money to get well if sick. And those pantywaists would support the status quo to make sure that the insurance companies make maximum profits. This is nothing esoteric, not smart words. But real living. I'm an old lady now and I have watched with despair as people have lost everything because they got sick.

And you bring up libertarianism and freedom in the same sentence? What a crock.

For months I've been reporting in The Huffington Post that President Obama made a backroom deal last summer with the for-profit hospital lobby that he would make sure there would be no national public option in the final health reform legislation.

Miles Mogulescu: NY Times Reporter Confirms Obama Made Deal to Kill Public Option

and-

Former CIGNA PR chief Wendell Potter is very, very angry over Obama's movement away from true healthcare reform..

Wendell Potter Says 'The Fat Cats Are Winning,' This is A 'Pig of a Bill.' | Crooks and Liars

Unlike most righties, I read everything. Sorry to disappoint you but none of this news to me.

uh huh, well if you read it you would not have made the statement you made back in your original post, unless you suffer a lack of mental stability or are a fibber hoping no one would notice.

and-

uh huh, well if you read it you would not have made the statement you made back in your original post, unless you suffer a lack of mental stability or are a fibber hoping no one would notice.

Go ahead sport, shoot your best shot.

Go fuck yourself Sparky. I've been a Republican longer than you have drawn your wasted breath in this world. You don't even know what true republican principles are. If you are younger than 50 then you wouldn't know what you are talking about.
And this once again demonstrates that Republicans are not necessarily conservative.

If by "conservative" you mean Moronic Religious Christian Fundamentalists you are correct. They were bit players in the party until Bush II and Karl Rove actively recruited their participation in his daddy's run for POTUS. I despise those stupid fucks. They ruined the GOP.

Go fuck yourself Sparky. I've been a Republican longer than you have drawn your wasted breath in this world. You don't even know what true republican principles are. If you are younger than 50 then you wouldn't know what you are talking about.
And this once again demonstrates that Republicans are not necessarily conservative.

If by "conservative" you mean Moronic Religious Christian Fundamentalists you are correct. They were bit players in the party until Bush II and Karl Rove actively recruited their participation in his daddy's run for POTUS. I despise those stupid fucks. They ruined the GOP.

I hope you don't mind if a liberal speaks up. But I agree with you. It used to be that I could have good substantial discussions with conservatives. Most of the time we didn't change each others minds but they were fun and gave us each a basic understanding of how the other side (if you will) was thinking. I've really missed them. I know you good folks are still out there somewhere, but I don't run into them much anymore. So it's really nice to see you here and I hope we can communicate without rancor.

The question of the original poster is quite funny.....the "Other Side" has no need to do anything to the economy this administration and the previous party in control have so utterly mismanaged this economy its collapsing by its own violation that nobody has a need to Prevent anything.

One thing to note is that SS is still technically in the black with around a 2 trillion surplus.
To group it with general revenue spending is bogus.

And is the medicare spending show as minus the medicare payments the recipients pay in?

Forum List

Back