Is the Italian Mafia dead in the USA?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Don't hear much about them any more...not since the Teflon Don, anyway. Not many movies about them any more either since Tony Soprano's ending.
If not dead/past/extinct...maybe they are just keeping an extremely low profile?

Don't hear much about them any more...not since the Teflon Don, anyway. Not many movies about them any more either since Tony Soprano's ending.
If not dead/past/extinct...maybe they are just keeping an extremely low profile?
Trust me ... they are alive and well.

I recently did some consulting for them in San Jose Calif.

They also own Chicago and Las Vegas.

And Sicily.

Mafia don't usually do banks.

Banks are for rednecks.

Mafia provides services that are otherwise illegal such as prostitution (victimless) and gambling (victimless).

I think they are keeping a lower profile than they once did. Years ago some crime bosses seemed to crave media attention. Today there are powerful people whose names you'll never hear.

I know they're still around in western New York--construction, mainly, that I know about. Like Aaron said, though, they don't seem to be involved in the spectacular gang wars they used to fight. So they're just businessmen that make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

Forum List

Back