Is the Jack Smith indictment of Donald Trump "Election Interference"? (Poll)

Is Jack Smith's indictment of Trump in the 2024 presidential election cycle election interference?

• Yes

Votes: 54 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 39.3%

• Total voters
No elected officials should have protection from prosecution no matter what. If anything we the voters should be demanding any
politician that is indicted for any reason should be mandated to
step aside no matter what.
So Biden should step down, right?

1. And now both sides will get to state their case under oath. Is that not what we should want instead of just trying the case in the court of public opinion?

2. Me and mine.

3. I have no fellows, as you noted in point 2

4. I want to see people who break the law punished for it, no matter who they are
So you say….but we’ve long determined your level of fraud in here Gator…. :blahblah:

That’s your defense? Her aid did it?

And I suppose Hillary had no idea what this aid was doing, right? Bull shit.
Yes, that's my defense. If the Secretary of State replaces her blackberry and gives the old one to her aid to dispose of, she doesn't have to know what exactly that person does.

And again, you might be right. The problem is "might" don't cut it. You need to be able to prove it "beyond a reasonable doubt." And it was destroyed as part of a procedure to protect the information on it is plausible from a national security perspective.

I doubt you have a problem when that "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard is applied to Trump. The difference being that in Trump's case, going by what is in the indictment. It will be hard to reasonably claim that Trump didn't take, keep, and tried to hide national security information.

Every case is adjudicated on its own merits.
Trump's own statements and documented actions appear especially damning. His legal defense is a disparate matter from his playing to his followers.
Justice should be blind to celebrity.
Agree justice should be blind, but it's not.
IMHO Trump and the Bidens should be indicted and tried.

Some are incapable of distinguishing hyper-partisan media gas from judicial proceedings that are predicated upon credible evidence.

There are clearly those who would initiate actions against their political enemies if they could ever contrive the needed pretexts.

So, you’ve determined what is, or isn’t “credible evidence” with a mere indictment have you?

Who made you judge and executioner?

I hope that’s not Smith‘s opening statement.
Nope I don't think Smith will mention Hillary. In fact, the reason I am is because I'm stupid enough to adres arguments even when I think they are made in bad faith

Nope I don't think Smith will mention Hillary. In fact, the reason I am is because I'm stupid enough to adres arguments even when I think they are made in bad faith
So, you think Trump shouldn’t fight this?

You can plead being careless all you want. But when the evidence says it was willful it kind of stops doesn't it?
The reason Clinton's defense held up was because it would have been as good as impossible to prove otherwise. And she didn't "get back to running" in fact 10 days before the election the then FBI director in contradiction to department policy against taking actions that can influence the elections reopened the investigation. Something I supported at the time.
The problem you guys have is this idea that if you can just pretend that Hillary and Trump did the same Trump is of the hook. But both cases aren't even close to the same, and it's not any kind of legal defense.
True, both H and DJT knew exactly what they did was illegal. H was a lawyer, so she knew even more than DJT who always bent the rules.

Comey gave H a pass, Trump needs the same type of off ramp. Pay the fines, get back to running.

Yes, that's my defense. If the Secretary of State replaces her blackberry and gives the old one to her aid to dispose of, she doesn't have to know what exactly that person does.

And again, you might be right. The problem is "might" don't cut it. You need to be able to prove it "beyond a reasonable doubt." And it was destroyed as part of a procedure to protect the information on it is plausible from a national security perspective.

I doubt you have a problem when that "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard is applied to Trump. The difference being that in Trump's case, going by what is in the indictment. It will be hard to reasonably claim that Trump didn't take, keep, and tried to hide national security information.
Not at all. I’m saying that equal justice should apply…That’s not what we are witnessing.

Forum List

Back