Is the U.S. Federal Government a non profit organization?

No. Government is not for-profit. Profit means taking in more than you put out. That is the goal of EVERY business. When you the customer walk in, their #1 goal is to get your money, and give you something in return worth less than the money you gave them. Not that it is wrong. Thats just how profit and business works.

Government does not. Sure, some rant about "run it like a business". And if govt did, then it would be out to screw you over. To take more from you in taxes, and give back less in services.

But the govt takes in taxes, and gives out/spends MORE than it takes in, the complete opposite of for-profit.

Lol! If it's for profit then it's been doing a pretty poor job of it.

Even non profits can't borrow 40 cents of every dollar they spend and still stay in business.

The government is not a business, it is more akin to a school bully with an endless supply of little kids from which to steal lunch money.

What do you think?

Are there any instances in which you would disagree?

I've never heard of a non-profit which can take my money against my will. Have you?

I've never heard of a non-profit telling me how fast I can drive or what insurance I have to buy or what kind of guns I can own. Have you?

Forum List

Back