Is the US Supreme Court still Legitimate? (Poll)

Is the US Supreme Court still legitimate, especially considering their Roe v Wade decision?

• Yes

Votes: 65 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 26.1%

• Total voters
So Thomas's wife is in contact with the Capitol attackers and supports the claim that the election is illigimate,,,is also a major supporter of any number of fringe and not so fringe right wing causes and Thomas refuses to recuse from any of the cases brought before him involving any of that.

That certainly looks corrupt

t if anyone wants to find out whether Jesse Barrett’s clients have a direct interest in cases being decided by his wife, they’re out of luck. In the Supreme Court’s notoriously porous ethical disclosure system, Barrett not only withholds her husband’s clients, but redacted the name of SouthBank Legal itself in her most recent disclosure.

Over the past year, Virginia Thomas, known as Ginni, has gotten significant attention for operating a consulting business that reportedly includes conservative activist groups with interest in Supreme Court decisions as clients. Her husband, Justice Clarence Thomas, has chosen not to reveal any of his wife’s clients, let alone how much they contributed to the Thomas family coffers, dating back to when her consulting business was founded.

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas sits with his wife, Virginia Thomas, while he waits to speak at the Heritage Foundation on Oct. 21, 2021, in Washington, D.C. | Drew Angerer/Getty Images

But a POLITICO investigation shows that potential conflicts involving justices’ spouses extend beyond the Thomases. Chief Justice John Roberts’ wife, Jane Roberts, has gotten far less attention. But she is a legal head-hunter at the firm Macrae which represents high-powered attorneys in their efforts to secure positions in wealthy firms, typically for a percentage of the first-year salary she secures for her clients. A single placement of a superstar lawyer can yield $500,000 or more for the firm.

What Kind of God Wants Unwanted Pre-Births to Be Born?
Quit playing word games. If you don't baptize the fetus through its mother's body, you're condemning it to never see heaven. It is no different from adult baptism in some kind of pool, which is done through the convert's clothes.
1. That you think a baby is unwanted shows the kind of person you are. Many couples are waiting for a baby to adopt.
2. Baptism isn't an issue, talk to a priest if you're curious. The baby's life is the issue.
3. Birth control is available.
4. I'm looking at the civilized EU countries' limits on abortion. Sometime around 12 weeks sounds like a civilized limit. After that the baby survives.
5. Many states still have unrestricted abortions. Some have put limits on abortion, and some have banned the procedure. That's the way the Constitution wants it, state by state.
6. Could you snip a babies' head off as it comes out? (like Gosnel)

Over the past year, Virginia Thomas, known as Ginni, has gotten significant attention for operating a consulting business that reportedly includes conservative activist groups with interest in Supreme Court decisions as clients. Her husband, Justice Clarence Thomas, has chosen not to reveal any of his wife’s clients, let alone how much they contributed to the Thomas family coffers, dating back to when her consulting business was founded.
Thomas literally is taking money from groups that come before him in the Court

He refuses to recuse.

How is that NOT corrupt?

On planet perfect, where you live, there may be judges that have no personal political preferences. But here on earth, in the USA, everyone has political leanings. Both parties have diverged on the political spectrum to the extremes. The independent "centrists" are just liars. Even if we could program AI judges to have zero bias, there would be people on both sides whining about bias. That's just the world we live in.
There are many in the US who are centrists and moderates and independents. I find it hard to believe that that is totally nonexistent in the world of judges.

I just suggested what the democrats want, and has been stated several times by
your camp on this very board.
You suggested they wanted to do this by means that violate the Constitution, thats false.

You suggested they wanted to do this by means that violate the Constitution, thats false.
What?
Wanting to get rid of the Constitution? Just what do you think my words meant?
Did I say overthrow the US? No....I did not. Your camp, from this board would
like not having it. The SC is illegitimate, and the Electoral College is a has been
policy. This is what has been stated on this board.

What?
Wanting to get rid of the Constitution? Just what do you think my words meant?
Did I say overthrow the US? No....I did not. Your camp, from this board would
like not having it. The SC is illegitimate, and the Electoral College is a has been
policy. This is what has been stated on this board.

"would like not having it" .... HOW?

"EC is a has been policy", so therefore we will retire it .... HOW?

And no it's not my camp when it comes to "SC is illegitimate". SC was dully formed in accordance with law (even if not in accordance with not-partisan design, or congressional agreements). It is legitimate as far as LEGALITY goes.

There are many in the US who are centrists and moderates and independents. I find it hard to believe that that is totally nonexistent in the world of judges.
You need to factor in the political pressure from the president's base and supporters to appoint zealots.

I remember when Dubya nominated his WH secretary Harriet Miers, and the base went nuts, and she withdrew.

Then I also remember when papa Bush nominated David Souter, who wasn't vetted properly, and who turned out to be a Leftist.

It's rather sad, but unsurprising, the demafascit want to make one of the branches of Govt illegit....they dislike anything about our founding, in particular anything they can't control

It's rather sad, but unsurprising, the demafascit want to make one of the branches of Govt illegit....they dislike anything about our founding, in particular anything they can't control
The corruption of Thomas etc. has nothing to do with the Constitution

Forum List

Back