Is the US to blame for all of Cuba's ills?

No, Cuba has trade partner’s from Canada to China and can trade with Mexico, Central and South America, so their ills today is because of their government and not the U.S. sanctions.

As people in Cuba begin to protest their government because of shortages and long lines and a failing economy, etc., government officials in Cuba blame the US for all their ills.

So is the US to blame? On the one hand, Marxists want to destroy the US, but on the other hand, seem to complain when the US does not help them economically or boycotts them economically. Why then do they want to destroy the US economy that they seem to need?

Either that or there is some other hidden way the US is destroying Cuba

Anyone?

And the only response from Joe Biden is that he condemns any violence. There is no support for anyone as he basically ignores what is gong on.

I assume Bernie Sanders is having a panic attack and does blame the US

So what about you?

We used to buy Cuba whole sugar crop.. Then the Sugar Beet lobby got the upper hand. Naturally the Soviets stepped in an bought the whole crop until the end of the USSR. Esso Cuba used to have an oil refinery there.

Between 1991 and 1993, sugar production decreased from 7.1 million tons to 4.4 million tons as milling efficiency and crop yield declined. By 2007, annual sugar production had decreased to 1.2 million tons.[8] In 2015, raw sugar accounted for $378 million of Cuba's $1.4 billion exports.[2]

At least they don't have to worry about capitalist profit

Yes the US is in part, to blame.
See all this white space here to type in is where you get to splain your point. I was not looking really for a short yes or no.

Continue
Okay no problem, but I just did that in another thread on this topic.

Are you aware the US has heavily sanctioned and stopped all trade with Cuba for 60 years? Now put the puzzle together. The world’s preeminent economic and military nation doing this to Cuba for 60 FUCKING YEARS, will have a negative impact.

No? Yes?
The rest of the world was free to trade with them. Why should we trade with a country who's leader is a tyrant, attempted to get nukes to aim at us, oppressed his people,. murdered, and allied with the USSR? We have no obligation to trade with any country, especially one like that.
Now you move the goal posts. Please don’t be disingenuous. When the world’s preeminent power imposes a trade embargo for 60 years, it will effect your economy. Yes or no?
According to communists and Marx NO it will not

Of course the US is to blame, President Trump specifically. He increased the pressure. Good job, Mr. President.

Are you aware the US has heavily sanctioned and stopped all trade with Cuba for 60 years? Now put the puzzle together. The world’s preeminent economic and military nation doing this to Cuba for 60 FUCKING YEARS, will have a negative impact.

No? Yes?
Yes. A negative effect, as intended.

But this all just begs the question WHY did the US embargo Cuba for so long?
It's not as though JFK woke up one morning in a pissy mood because he hadn't gotten
any for a whole eight hours that day.

Cuba was an existential threat and the show down over Soviet nuclear missiles in Cuba couldn't have
sent a more clear picture.

Punishment by a parent of a rebellious trouble child may send that child even further away from a
family but the choice to reform always belongs to the child.

As people in Cuba begin to protest their government because of shortages and long lines and a failing economy, etc., government officials in Cuba blame the US for all their ills.

So is the US to blame? On the one hand, Marxists want to destroy the US, but on the other hand, seem to complain when the US does not help them economically or boycotts them economically. Why then do they want to destroy the US economy that they seem to need?

Either that or there is some other hidden way the US is destroying Cuba

Anyone?

And the only response from Joe Biden is that he condemns any violence. There is no support for anyone as he basically ignores what is gong on.

I assume Bernie Sanders is having a panic attack and does blame the US

So what about you?
Hell yea, I mean we had the chance to nuke it and should have

Of course the US is to blame, President Trump specifically. He increased the pressure. Good job, Mr. President.
Even the most stupid and uninformed of knee jerk opinions have the right to expression in this country, unlike
in Cuba.

Our Cuba policy has been in place since the 'sixties. And Trump took office when?

Hold your sign up, little dancing monkey.

Even the most stupid and uninformed of knee jerk opinions have the right to expression in this country, unlike
in Cuba.

Our Cuba policy has been in place since the 'sixties. And Trump took office when?

You obviously weren't paying attention the last few weeks of the Trump administration. Dumb monkey.

in Cuba.

You obviously weren't paying attention the last few weeks of the Trump administration. Dumb monkey.
when you support a tyrant like Maduro, expect sanctions. You would have thought they learned that when they got in bed with the Soviets...but nope....

The U.S. is the source of ALL the world's ills from time immemorial. We are a blight upon humanity, there is absolutely nothing worthy about us and we should feel nothing but shame for all that we have wrought.

"O.K., teacher, NOW will I get a passing grade on this test?"

Those last sanctions did not push Cuba over a tipping point without the other 60 years of sanctions
and government policies before it. Cubans have been in the grip of an authoritarian regime for decades!

THIS DIDN'T JUST HAPPEN IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS OF THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION.

Jesus! I'm so sick of really profoundly stupid ideologues. Keep dancing, monkey.

See all this white space here to type in is where you get to splain your point. I was not looking really for a short yes or no.

Continue

No? Yes?
But Cuba hates the economic engine that has boycotted them.

To a Marxist, such economic wealth is based in corruption and they want the US to become just like them.

So they should just admit that without a capitalistic economy to help them out, they cannot survive. Marxism alone in the world by itself would become Cuba without a capitalistic economy to help bail them out.

Correct?

Those last sanctions did not push Cuba over a tipping point without the other 60 years of sanctions
and government policies before it. Cubans have been in the grip of an authoritarian regime for decades!

THIS DIDN'T JUST HAPPEN IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS OF THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION.

Jesus! I'm so sick of really profoundly stupid ideologues. Keep dancing, monkey.
Sorry, you lost this one. Now pick up the rest of your marbles and go cry under your mama's dress.

Continue

No? Yes?
The rest of the world was free to trade with them. Why should we trade with a country who's leader is a tyrant, attempted to get nukes to aim at us, oppressed his people,. murdered, and allied with the USSR? We have no obligation to trade with any country, especially one like that.
Now you move the goal posts. Please don’t be disingenuous. When the world’s preeminent power imposes a trade embargo for 60 years, it will effect your economy. Yes or no?
Oh Allen please get informed. All the MK-ULTRA brainwashing really fucked you up.

Continue

No? Yes?
Oh Allen please get informed. All the MK-ULTRA brainwashing really fucked you up.
I am better informed than you OSwald you are speakiong in ignorance as always

You posted your opinion. I posted a PBS analysis. Keep whining.
A PBS analysis means nothing in the context of this issue.
I'm not "whining". I have nothing to whine about.

Again, sixty years of US policy towards Cuba went before whatever you think Trump did.

That's like saying the very last time you were slapped by your mother, not all the times before,
turned you into the pathetic clown you now are. Now fuck off and stay fucked off!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back