Is there a politician with the balls to lobby for a rewrite of the 14th / the anchor baby statute?

The thread title is misleading. There is no such thing as an anchor baby.

anchor baby​

[ ang-ker bey-bee ]
noun Disparaging and Offensive.
a term used to refer to a baby born to an undocumented mother in a country where the baby becomes a citizen at birth, especially when the birth is planned to facilitate eventual legal residency for the family.

The nonsensical 14th has stood misinterpreted long enough...It's time for patriots to demand a good hard look at our founders intent. The entire constitution, every word in it was written by the people for the people....to protect and benefit Americans...How was the 14th twisted into something that does nothing but hurt Americans and the founding principles of all we stand for?
Imagine if we had laws that permitted criminals to rob banks and give the stolen loot to their children while forbidding the banks from recovering the loot or demanding it be returned....Why would we allow illegal foreigners to steal their children the most coveted title the world has ever known...the title of AMERICAN CITIZEN?
It simply doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
On what basis can such foolishness be supported?
Would you support a politician committed to amending the 14th in favor of Americans...why or why not?
Birthright Citizenship: A Fundamental Misunderstanding of the 14th Amendment

Have you ever read it?

If a child is born in the US,it is under US jurisdiction.. no other country's laws apply. So a child born of immigrant parents in the US would be stateless without citizenship anywhere.

anchor baby​

[ ang-ker bey-bee ]
noun Disparaging and Offensive.
a term used to refer to a baby born to an undocumented mother in a country where the baby becomes a citizen at birth, especially when the birth is planned to facilitate eventual legal residency for the family.

That definition has NOTHING to do with the law or jurisdiction.

You'd hate a peek into my mind...I've explained it to you...I've been extremely successful spending my life simplifying issues that others deem too complex to solve without a 100 year plan. You see, people like you hate simplicity...often times there's no fun, no glamour, no drama, no feelings and no money in simplicity....You uber intelligent types have to believe EVERYTHING is loaded with deep complexities. You'll proudly refer to real problem solvers as myopic thinkers. Trust me bud, I've spent lots of time around people just like you.

You just don't know how to read the law or the underpinnings of the legal theory.

Have you ever read it?

If a child is born in the US,it is under US jurisdiction.. no other country's laws apply. So a child born of immigrant parents in the US would be stateless without citizenship anywhere.

You just don't know how to read the law or the underpinnings of the legal theory.

Anyone born in the US is a US citizen, but a baby does NOT "anchor" his or her mother for citizenship or permanent resident status.

Thank you...

Too many mini-Trumps on the board. They think they know the law without ever studying it.

Anyone born in the US is a US citizen, but a baby does NOT "anchor" his or her mother for citizenship or permanent resident status.

Thank you...

Too many mini-Trumps on the board. They think they know the law without ever studying it.
How /why you ignorant fools love making yourselves look like absolute idiots is far beyond me.

Thank you...

All you half beans have to do is think once…
Our founders authored the second greatest document on the planet all for the sole purpose of protecting the American people….somehow you half beans believe the 14th was framed for Mexico’s people and to fuck Americans over. How can you reconcile such lunacy? Moreover, if there is broad ambiguity in the 14th why wouldn’t you argue that it should favor you and your fellow countrymen?
What kind of an American seeks to fuck themselves and their fellow citizens to help Mexico most desperate trash?
Twilight Zone shit!

Our founders authored the second greatest document on the planet all for the sole purpose of protecting the American people….somehow you half beans believe the 14th was framed for Mexico’s people and to fuck Americans over. How can you reconcile such lunacy? Moreover, if there is broad ambiguity in the 14th why wouldn’t you argue that it should favor you and your fellow countrymen?
What kind of an American seeks to fuck themselves and their fellow citizens to help Mexico most desperate trash?
Twilight Zone shit!

You moron.. It has nothing to do with Mexico.. It has to do with US jurisdiction.. and you don't have a clue what that means.

The nonsensical 14th has stood misinterpreted long enough.
It has been misinterpreted by bigots like you long enough. Yes, indeed.

"Anchor babies" is a made up phrase to trigger you bigots.

And in fact, the Fourteenth Amendment's intention was to ensure citizenship as a birthright to all persons born here.

Here is the Congressional Record: https://www.14thamendment.us/articles/jacob_howard_on_14th_amendment_1866.gif

The sponsor of the 14th amendment (Jacob Howard) made it crystal clear that birthright citizenship was for everyone, excluding the children of foreign ministers and ambassadors.

Another Congressman (Doolittle) attempted to add a change to the 14th amendment which would exclude Indians, and Howard pointed out Indians were not under the jurisdiction of the US, and therefore the change was unnecessary.

"This amendment which I have offered is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already, that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States."

A few years later, the Supreme Court affirmed the intent of the 14th in United States v. Wong Kim Ark in which the Court established the parameters of the concept known as jus soli—the citizenship of children born in the United States to non-citizens.

Twilight Zone shit!
There is a reason why a fucking idiot like you does not sit on the United States Supreme Court. Shut your stupid face and open your stupid ears and you might learn something you dumb fuck.

It has been misinterpreted by bigots like you long enough. Yes, indeed.

"Anchor babies" is a made up phrase to trigger you bigots.

And in fact, the Fourteenth Amendment's intention was to ensure citizenship as a birthright to all persons born here.

Here is the Congressional Record: https://www.14thamendment.us/articles/jacob_howard_on_14th_amendment_1866.gif

The sponsor of the 14th amendment (Jacob Howard) made it crystal clear that birthright citizenship was for everyone, excluding the children of foreign ministers and ambassadors.

Another Congressman (Doolittle) attempted to add a change to the 14th amendment which would exclude Indians, and Howard pointed out Indians were not under the jurisdiction of the US, and therefore the change was unnecessary.

"This amendment which I have offered is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already, that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States."

A few years later, the Supreme Court affirmed the intent of the 14th in United States v. Wong Kim Ark in which the Court established the parameters of the concept known as jus soli—the citizenship of children born in the United States to non-citizens.
I’ve done this way too many times with you wetback lovers…thank God I finally found this dudes shit.
Read it, piss yourself and then report back.

“Birthright citizenship has been implemented by executive fiat, not because it is required by federal law or the Constitution.”

How many 21 year old babies do you know, stupid?
Holy shit, I have to explain the most basic things to you ignorant fucks. Here goes, pay attention.
Guadalupe and Gustavo break into the nation and lay their litter of filth in the laps of taxpaying Americans…they can’t wait for little Esmerelda to turn 21 so they to can become citizens and apply for all the free shit American taxpayers provide.
TA-DA!
I’ll be here all day teaching ignorant fucks whatever they want to learn about. Let me know how else I can help.

I’ve done this way too many times with you wetback lovers…thank God I finally found this dudes shit.
Read it, piss yourself and then report back.

“Birthright citizenship has been implemented by executive fiat, not because it is required by federal law or the Constitution.”
If you read the Congressional Record (Wayback Machine) of the debate over citizenship at the time, the author of the amendment states quite plainly that birthright does not attach to children born to diplomats and that it does apply to "every other class of persons".

That was the AUTHOR of the amendment. "Every other class of persons".

The nonsensical 14th has stood misinterpreted long enough...It's time for patriots to demand a good hard look at our founders intent. The entire constitution, every word in it was written by the people for the people....to protect and benefit Americans...How was the 14th twisted into something that does nothing but hurt Americans and the founding principles of all we stand for?
Imagine if we had laws that permitted criminals to rob banks and give the stolen loot to their children while forbidding the banks from recovering the loot or demanding it be returned....Why would we allow illegal foreigners to steal their children the most coveted title the world has ever known...the title of AMERICAN CITIZEN?
It simply doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
On what basis can such foolishness be supported?
Would you support a politician committed to amending the 14th in favor of Americans...why or why not?
Birthright Citizenship: A Fundamental Misunderstanding of the 14th Amendment
Birthright Citizenship was foisted on the Constitution in the Wong Kim Ark decision. An amendment is needed to reinstate original intent.

Forum List

Back