Is there anyone on thai board who was helped by Affirmative Action?

Everybody plays by the same rules.......John Kerry, Bill Clinton even Mitt Romney

Liberal politicians are trying to change those rules for EVERYONE including themselves

Wealthy conservatives are trying to change the rules so that the poor receive less....damned 47%

That is the difference

That's a horseshit response. You know God damned well you separate wealthy democrats and liberals and make excuses for them.

Of course I do

The liberal wealthy are willing to sacrifice their own wealth for the good of he country. Conservative wealthy want to take it out on the poor

Is that why rich libs seek out every single tax deduction and loop hole possible?
The poor?
The poor have nothing to do with this.
Sacrifice their own wealth. That's funny as hell!

The truth hurts doesn't it? BTW he used the term "white males" not "white." White women are white too; or are you suggesting that they are not really white?

Oh sure.
Don't hand me that nonsense.
Truth? What truth?
I don't see you denying you people consider "white" = The enemy.

What nonsense? Are you denying that white women are white?

Here is some truth for ya! Caucasian and "white" are often NOT the same. Both terms are social constructs that have little bearing on reality.

Another thing! No one has asked "us people," who ever we are, if white= the enemy!
Take it from me, white is NOT the enemy but certain white elements within the conservative consortium are! They, in fact, are the enemies off all progressive Americans and especially the poor!

Nice try.
Won't wash.
The attempts at deflection are a FAIL.

Warren Buffet.

Doesn't matter anyway; the claim was "she claimed minority status at Harvard".

When that was challenged the goalposts were moved (by a second poster) to "she's not part Cherokee".

When that was challenged the poster moved the goalposts again to "she's a fraud".

When that was challenged the reasoning given was "she's wealthy and can't crusade for the poor". Which does not follow.

That poster ran away too. You're the third clown trying to run with this ball. Who are you going to lateral to?

Where's the evidence?
And where are the first two posters who ran away?

It comes down to this: the three of you are dealing in bullshit. When challenged all you can do is change the charge, move the goalposts, toss non sequiturs and run away.

Yeah, I knew that name would pop up. He paid lip service.
Moving the goal posts. Yep. An excuse you libs use when you lose the debate.
Running away...Gotta love that one.
It just makes you lib's skin crawl when you cannot get people to entertain your petty rants.
No. It's called no longer wish to discuss because all that has needed ot be said, has been said,.
You people argue just to argue.

Yuh huh.
You got your answer --- where is my answer to 211?
Where's Rightwinger's answer to 218?
Where's my answer to 226?
Where's your link to "She only revealed this when the pre election polls showed the race tightening"?

Oh that's right. You ran away.

Hypocrite.

You are a pretty demanding individual, aren't you?
response to your 226
having money prevents you from "crusading for the poor"? Which is not her job btw, she's a senator.....
It's not her job....Ok then why do liberal candidates campaign on what they will do for the poor? Please cut the bullshit.

Warren Buffet.

Doesn't matter anyway; the claim was "she claimed minority status at Harvard".

When that was challenged the goalposts were moved (by a second poster) to "she's not part Cherokee".

When that was challenged the poster moved the goalposts again to "she's a fraud".

When that was challenged the reasoning given was "she's wealthy and can't crusade for the poor". Which does not follow.

That poster ran away too. You're the third clown trying to run with this ball. Who are you going to lateral to?

Where's the evidence?
And where are the first two posters who ran away?

It comes down to this: the three of you are dealing in bullshit. When challenged all you can do is change the charge, move the goalposts, toss non sequiturs and run away.

It just makes you lib's skin crawl when you cannot get people to entertain your petty rants.
No. It's called no longer wish to discuss because all that has needed ot be said, has been said,.

Yuh huh.
Where's your link to "She only revealed this when the pre election polls showed the race tightening"?

Hypocrite.
Warren concedes she told Harvard and Penn about Native American ancestry - CBS News
You have a nice time chewing on that.

Dear Welfare Queen: What aspect of the quota was artificial?

I was the beneficiary of Veterans' Preference when I got my first job with the Federal Government. Based on the test, I was at the top of the list (104%, with 5 points Vet Pref), but the employer didn't want to hire me because I did not have a college degree at that time. But he was forced to do so, because I was at the top of the list AND a veteran.

Does that count?

So what, aa isnt about qualifications, its about institutionalized racism. Being i the military can be an asset, being black or white doesnt mean shit

we do not prove negatives here.
She cannot prove she is. She only "said" she is.
And that's beside the point. She only revealed this when the pre election polls showed the race tightening. it was at that point Warren played the race card.
It doesn't matter. Massachusetts is a blue blooded well monied state chock full of limousine liberals. They vote in virtual democrat lockstep.

Damn boy....that sure sounds like bullshit

I'm gunna need a link on that one

Rotsa ruck. I'm still waiting for a link from the first guy that brought it up several hours ago. Actually there he is directly above this post hoping nobody notices.

When you're a revisionist you just make it up. When you're a dittohead you just repeat what you're told -- even easier.

Umm. For whom did those electoral votes go to in 2012? And which party controls the state legislatures in each of the northeastern states? PA, VT, MA, CT, NY, NJ, ME, MD, DE?
Du Pont family in Delaware, The Heinz family in PA, the Kennedy Family in MA and NY ..
Libs.
Look, most blue bloods and old money people do their liberal thing because they see government hand outs as a way to control the population. And a population preoccupied with government does not take notice of what the rich are up to. Meanwhile these people live behind iron gates either in front of their mansions, or their entire community.
Revisionist? Of what.. Examples, please.

I don't know what that link contains but when I tried to open it it shut down my entire browser so thanks for that.

Suffice to say 24,000 years is a chunk of time in what we might call racial evolution. Go back far enough and we're all Africans. So what?

What do you mean so what?
If that link shut down your web browser, then you're using the wrong one.
Not my problem.
Neither is your whining.

So...... can't articulate the point? Because you don't have one?

Is this supposed to be about Clovis Boy? Because that's 12,600 years -- not 24,000. And what would be your point anyway?

The point is articulated in the link...Your browser issues are not my problem.
The point is that what we refer to as "Native Americans" may not be indigenous people.

What do you mean so what?
If that link shut down your web browser, then you're using the wrong one.
Not my problem.
Neither is your whining.

So...... can't articulate the point? Because you don't have one?

Is this supposed to be about Clovis Boy? Because that's 12,600 years -- not 24,000. And what would be your point anyway?

The point is articulated in the link...Your browser issues are not my problem.
The point is that what we refer to as "Native Americans" may not be indigenous people.

So you haven't read your own link? I even sent one back, you could compare... you're actually linking things you haven't even read?

If it's Clovis Boy no such point was made therein. "Indigenous" is relative to time, since ultimately we all come from Africa. We already knew Native Americans walked across the Bering. That doesn't make them contemporary Siberians.

Damn boy....that sure sounds like bullshit

I'm gunna need a link on that one

Rotsa ruck. I'm still waiting for a link from the first guy that brought it up several hours ago. Actually there he is directly above this post hoping nobody notices.

When you're a revisionist you just make it up. When you're a dittohead you just repeat what you're told -- even easier.

Umm. For whom did those electoral votes go to in 2012? And which party controls the state legislatures in each of the northeastern states? PA, VT, MA, CT, NY, NJ, ME, MD, DE?
Du Pont family in Delaware, The Heinz family in PA, the Kennedy Family in MA and NY ..
Libs.
Look, most blue bloods and old money people do their liberal thing because they see government hand outs as a way to control the population. And a population preoccupied with government does not take notice of what the rich are up to. Meanwhile these people live behind iron gates either in front of their mansions, or their entire community.
Revisionist? Of what.. Examples, please.

WTF does an electoral vote count have to do with your inability to link your own shit? Were you going to link something and then got outvoted? :confused:

Heinz was Republican btw and the DuPonts are simply industrialists. The rest of your comic book butthurt fantasy is entertaining and all but does nothing to validate your empty claims that you can't link because you made them up. That's what I call revisionism.

I don't follow the party counts of state legislatures (and if you do I pity you) but the state I come from (PA) is Republican. Whatever that's got to do with how links work.

Last edited:

Yuh huh.

Hypocrite.
Warren concedes she told Harvard and Penn about Native American ancestry - CBS News
You have a nice time chewing on that.

Pffft. Some chew.

She "told some of the employees" is hardly the same as "was helped by Affirmative Action" or "was able to claim to [sic] a minority status as a professor at Harvard". That too is what I call revisionism.

>> Warren said she didn’t know Harvard had used her heritage as proof of diversity until reading about the issue in the news, according to a Herald report. She also denied that she ever tried to gain a professional advantage through her lineage.
Warren also says that she was recruited for these positions — she did not “apply” for them, as [Scott] Brown asserts.

The Globe obtained a portion of Warren’s application to Rutgers, which asks if prospective students want to apply for admission under the school’s Program for Minority Group Students. Warren answered “no.” For her employment documents at the University of Texas, Warren indicated that she was “white.”

But Penn’s 2005 Minority Equity Report identified her as the recipient of a 1994 faculty award, listing her name in bold to signify that she was a minority. The Herald has twice quoted Charles Fried, the head of the Harvard appointing committee that recommended Warren for her position in 1995, saying that the Democratic candidate’s heritage didn’t come up during the course of her hiring. “It simply played no role in the appointments process,” he said. “It was not mentioned and I didn’t mention it to the faculty.”

The Herald later quoted Fried, a former U.S. Solicitor General under President Ronald Reagan, saying, “I can state categorically that the subject of her Native American ancestry never once was mentioned.”

... The Pinocchio Test

Brown said that Warren “checked the box claiming she was Native American” when she applied to Harvard and Penn, suggesting the Democratic candidate somehow gained an unfair advantage because of an iffy ethnic background. But there is no proof that she ever marked a form to tell the schools about her heritage, nor is there any public evidence that the universities knew about her lineage before hiring her.

The senator’s debate comments also suggest Warren actively applied for positions with Harvard and Penn, but the evidence suggests the schools recruited her because of her groundbreaking research and writings on bankruptcy. Harvard, in fact, did not give up on her after she first turned down a tenured position with the university.

Some might assume that Warren listed herself as a minority in the law school directories to attract offers from top schools, which would be a pro-active measure. The explanation that she was reaching out to other Native Americans — when she was merely listed as a “minority” — certainly appears suspicious, but there is no conclusive evidence that she used her status in the listing to land a job.

But Warren appears to have been well-qualified for the teaching positions and excelled once she was hired.
<< (all in here)
The AA bullshit about Harvard was posted by LeftofLeft, who ran away when challenged on it. He was followed by Rocko, who simply cried "fraud" and when he was challenged, also ran away after murmuring something about having money means you can't help the poor. He also flatly declared she has no Cherokee background, and when asked to back that up, ran away. That leaves you in the third clown position with your claim that "She only revealed this when the pre election polls showed the race tightening. it was at that point Warren played the race card" which you followed immediately with "it doesn't matter", apparently hoping it would go away without anyone calling you on it. But as that same link shows, you got it wrong too; it was in fact Scott Brown who brought it up, and when he started falling behind in the polls, brought it up a second time:

>> Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) has focused his campaign&#8217;s attention back on the self-proclaimed Native American heritage of his Democratic challenger, Harvard Law School professor Elizabeth Warren, who listed herself as a minority in professional directories commonly used by recruiters.

The controversy had faded in recent months while Brown maintained a steady lead in the polls. But Warren overtook the Republican incumbent in more recent polls after delivering a high-profile speech at the Democratic National Convention this month.

Brown brought Warren&#8217;s lineage back into the spotlight with his remarks during a debate last week...
<<

Will there be anything else tonight, or shall I bring your check?

Last edited:
When I interviewed my senior year, I was told by more than one recruiter.....you are white and you are a male....that's going to work against you.

Helped ?

Not at all.

When I interviewed my senior year, I was told by more than one recruiter.....you are white and you are a male....that's going to work against you.

Helped ?

Not at all.

Yes, white males do struggle so much in this society

Helped ?

Not at all.

Not addressing the point.

You asked the question thinking you have a one sided answer.

The point is that it hurt me personally.

Are you saying it didn't ? Were you there ?

Helped ?

Not at all.

Not addressing the point.

You asked the question thinking you have a one sided answer.

The point is that it hurt me personally.

Are you saying it didn't ? Were you there ?

You're white, it doesn't matter if you were hurt.

Helped ?

Not at all.

you might have *heard* that, but no one said it to you. they'd have been sued if they did.

try again.

Besides being an ass, you are a fool.

In a one on one interview, how do you think you'd develop the case to sue someone.

Besides, when someone is actually offering to help you mitigate those barriers....you don't take offense.

You were there ?

Try again.

I guess Pogo ran away.

I wouldn't say "ran" so much as "sauntered triumphantly, acknowledging the cheering crowd, stopping for autographs and to touch and cure the sick children, having beaten the opposing arguments down to a soft fleshy amorphous glop of goo". :eusa_shifty:

But yeah, close enough.

Forum List

Back