Is there anyone on thai board who was helped by Affirmative Action?

We have an affirmative action President.........................stinking up the joint.

obama isnt a failure BECAUSE he's (half) Black; it's the left-wing ideology stupid!

I would also submit that aa has hurt EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN because it led to the Obama presidency which has severely damaged this country.

Uh - Affirmative Action led to the O'bama presidency? Really?

You don't think having a ticket of John McCain and Sarah Palin had some bearing on it?
You don't think an economy left in shambles by a previous administration with an approval rating in the low 20s had something to do with it?
You don't think the economic (and moral) albatross of an ongoing didn't-think-it-through war for no reason had some bearing on things?

The damage was already done going in, dood. You had an outgoing inept administration despised on the level of a Woodrow Wilson or Herbert Hoover. What did you expect voters to want -- more of the same?

Linear time: it's not just a good idea: it's the law.

I would also submit that aa has hurt EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN because it led to the Obama presidency which has severely damaged this country.

Uh - Affirmative Action led to the O'bama presidency? Really?

You don't think having a ticket of John McCain and Sarah Palin had some bearing on it?
You don't think an economy left in shambles by a previous administration with an approval rating in the low 20s had something to do with it?
You don't think the economic (and moral) albatross of an ongoing didn't-think-it-through war for no reason had some bearing on things?

The damage was already done going in, dood. You had an outgoing inept administration despised on the level of a Woodrow Wilson or Herbert Hoover. What did you expect voters to want -- more of the same?

Linear time: it's not just a good idea: it's the law.

Obama would likely still be hittin that bong if not for aa. So yeah

We have an affirmative action President.........................stinking up the joint.

obama isnt a failure BECAUSE he's (half) Black; it's the left-wing ideology stupid!

No, he isn't a failure because he's black.....if he were white, he'd be just as much a failure.

However, he is in office because this country was so enamored with the idea of showing we were progressive enough to put a black cretin in charge.

I'd love a black female homosexual muslim in office if she'd support a conservative agenda.

No, he isn't a failure because he's black.....if he were white, he'd be just as much a failure.

However, he is in office because this country was so enamored with the idea of showing we were progressive enough to put a black cretin in charge.

Right. Because elections are held in historical vacuums where absolutely nothing has transpired up to that point. And because candidates have no opponents; they're elected entirely on their own and not as a choice between alternatives.

Denialism... the terminal stage of myopia. :cuckoo:

Right. Because elections are held in historical vacuums where absolutely nothing has transpired up to that point. And because candidates have no opponents; they're elected entirely on their own and not as a choice between alternatives.

Clearly you've pointed out the things I have not said, which (as you point out) were very important factors in his election.

I was pretty ill the day I went to the booth.....there were two choices....and BOTH SUCKED.

But there is no getting around the fact that his being black played a part in all this.

Clearly you've pointed out the things I have not said, which (as you point out) were very important factors in his election.

I was pretty ill the day I went to the booth.....there were two choices....and BOTH SUCKED.

But there is no getting around the fact that his being black played a part in all this.

Actually there is --- and your first two sentences just laid it out. As did I.
Unless you're actually ready to suggest with a straight face that, say, Hillary Clinton, absent this "crucial" race factor, would have lost to John McCain and Sarah Palin, that is, unless you're suggesting that a ticket associated with an outgoing despised administration whose approval was in the 20s, an administration that oversaw a major economy collapse and a senseless war would have prevailed over a change to anybody. Let's face it; a turnip could have won that election.

It's peculiar that six days a week all we hear from some corners is "waaah! we're not racists, we criticize O'bama because of his policies, not his race" and now we hear "he only won because of his race!". Must be convenient to run the table both ways.

Last edited:

Actually there is --- and your first two sentences just laid it out. As did I.
Unless you're actually ready to suggest with a straight face that, say, Hillary Clinton, absent this "crucial" race factor, would have lost to John McCain and Sarah Palin, that is, unless you're suggesting that a ticket associated with an outgoing despised administration whose approval was in the 20s, an administration that oversaw a major economy collapse and a senseless war would have prevailed over a change to anybody. Let's face it; a turnip could have won that election.

It's peculiar that six days a week all we hear from some corners is "waaah! we're not racists, we criticize O'bama because of his policies, not his race" and now we hear "he only won because of his race!". Must be convenient to run the table both ways.

He wouldn't have won the primary if he hadn't been black.

Forum List

Back