Is there such thing as "universal morality"?

You get to go to the eternal Frat party. Overindulge in the early evening and you pray at the Altar of the porcelain god in the early morning hours.

It is you who has no clue. I have offered three explanations. You have offered none. So you are the one who literally has no clue.

Now let me offer you a fourth possible explanation. Maybe God is trying to achieve certain results under certain conditions.
So god is making deformed and retarded babies on purpose. Gawd, you’re stoopid.
I don't believe he is, Taz. I believe that God created existence and that within the realm of existence that is a reality that comes with the territory.
So god created the universe then lost control of his creation. :cuckoo:
If that’s how you choose to see it but isn’t it more likely that you don’t believe God created existence?
We don’t know, neither do you.
I know you don’t believe God exists which is why you keep asking stupid questions.

I don't but Taz does which seems odd to me. I'm not saying it is impossible, I just don't think it is a good idea to live your life with that expectation.
What's your expectation?
To stop rationalizing things I do.
It's a question, answer it.
I did. That’s my expectation for myself.
So what will happen to you when you die?
I dont know my fate. No one does.

Tons of evidence. We know from science that space and time had a beginning, that it was created from nothing and that the laws of nature were in place before space and time. Specifically, red shift, cosmic background radiation, Friedmann's solutions to Einstein's field equations, quantum mechanics, the First Law of Thermodynamics, the Second Law of Thermodynamics and Inflation Theory. So to say there is zero evidence is incorrect.
We don't know that space and time had a beginning only that we don't know what they were before the BB. You assume it was created from nothing and was not just a change in the state of space and time.

I can think of several reasons why consciousness without form would create existence. 1) We are most happy when we use our talents to create. So it gave joy to God. 2) We create things to share with others. So God can share in our experiences and we can share in his. 3) It is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence.
We can speculate but the Bible only says that God wanted respect. Fear and sacrifices.

Beings that know and create were predestined to exist by the laws of nature which existed before space and time were created. So I don't agree with you that God was not required because I believe that creating beings that know and create is the purpose of the universe.

I'm not sure what this is based on. Life existed for 3.5 billion years before we existed and he universe existed for 14 or so billion years. If the earth had been hit by a large comet a million years ago we might well have been wiped out.

So god is making deformed and retarded babies on purpose. Gawd, you’re stoopid.
I don't believe he is, Taz. I believe that God created existence and that within the realm of existence that is a reality that comes with the territory.
So god created the universe then lost control of his creation. :cuckoo:
If that’s how you choose to see it but isn’t it more likely that you don’t believe God created existence?
We don’t know, neither do you.
I know you don’t believe God exists which is why you keep asking stupid questions.
Never said that, I say that god has yet to be proven.

The morality of Republicans is different from most of the rest of humanity.

The hatred of minorities, the racism, the desire to legislate women’s bodies.

Now that they finally recognize Vladimir Putin as trumps boss we shall see a lot more of their strange and bizarre positions.

To stop rationalizing things I do.
Yes, but when you die, will you be judged by an invisible being or what?
I believe we are stripped of self and judge ourselves or possibly we aren’t stripped of self and are forced to judge ourselves as we have so harshly judged others.

I believe we are stripped of self and judge ourselves or possibly we aren’t stripped of self and are forced to judge ourselves as we have so harshly judged others.
So you have no clue. Got it.

I think you are the one who has no clue, Taz. You are the one who’s answer is don’t know. I have a clue.

I think you are the one who has no clue, Taz. You are the one who’s answer is don’t know. I have a clue.
You just said we are... or we aren’t... meaning you don’t know.

You are the one who doesn’t know. I have a clue.

Prove me wrong. You tell me what you know.

You clue is maybe yes, maybe no.

No. That’s your clue because you have no clue. My clue is that we will be judged. How exactly? I’m not sure.

No. That’s your clue because you have no clue. My clue is that we will be judged. How exactly? I’m not sure.
So you don’t know, that’s what I said.

No. You don’t know. You are literally clueless. I have an idea.

So what if you "have an idea"... you aren't talking about "I have plenty of fanatsies and guesses"... you are talking about KNOWING something. But, being the shameless little charlatan you are, you will prattle on about it just like this for 5 pages... then claim you never claimed to really "know" anything...

Is there such thing as "universal morality"?

The easy answer is yes. Absolute morality (applies everywhere) in order to be perfect, must come from a source higher than man. I know that will drive the atheists nuts, but the ultimate source of morality, right and wrong, good and bad, MUST come from a supreme, cosmic, god-like independent source otherwise it is nothing more than the wistful intellectual ruminations of some philosopher.

But you gotta believe there is a god first before you can come within a mile of understanding that.

Atheists never will, so they simply deny any such source can exist and question just how you plug into that to get it in the first place and so simply claim that all religion only exists in the minds of men anyway.

Based on what? The bible?

Forum List

Back