Is there such thing as "universal morality"?

The easy answer is yes. Absolute morality (applies everywhere) in order to be perfect, must come from a source higher than man. I know that will drive the atheists nuts, but the ultimate source of morality, right and wrong, good and bad, MUST come from a supreme, cosmic, god-like independent source otherwise it is nothing more than the wistful intellectual ruminations of some philosopher.

But you gotta believe there is a god first before you can come within a mile of understanding that.

Atheists never will, so they simply deny any such source can exist and question just how you plug into that to get it in the first place and so simply claim that all religion only exists in the minds of men anyway.
Actually, you religious types are good evidence that morality is not universal. The proof comes in the fact that, despite carrying around the same instruction books for nearly 4000 years, your morality has improved greatly, thanks completely to secular enlightenment and the genetic accident of where and when you were born.

The easy answer is yes. Absolute morality (applies everywhere) in order to be perfect, must come from a source higher than man. I know that will drive the atheists nuts, but the ultimate source of morality, right and wrong, good and bad, MUST come from a supreme, cosmic, god-like independent source otherwise it is nothing more than the wistful intellectual ruminations of some philosopher.

But you gotta believe there is a god first before you can come within a mile of understanding that.

Atheists never will, so they simply deny any such source can exist and question just how you plug into that to get it in the first place and so simply claim that all religion only exists in the minds of men anyway.
Actually, you religious types are good evidence that morality is not universal. The proof comes in the fact that, despite carrying around the same instruction books for nearly 4000 years, your morality has improved greatly, thanks completely to secular enlightenment and the genetic accident of where and when you were born.
You are halfway to nazi, bro.

You are the one who doesn’t know. I have a clue.

Prove me wrong. You tell me what you know.
You clue is maybe yes, maybe no.
No. That’s your clue because you have no clue. My clue is that we will be judged. How exactly? I’m not sure.
So you don’t know, that’s what I said.
No. You don’t know. You are literally clueless. I have an idea.
Based on what? The bible?

No. All major religions have a belief in a final justice.

Ding, stop being such a whiny little bitch.

Ding, stop being such a whiny little bitch.
I’m not the one crying about religion, Adolph.

I wasn't either, Ethel. I said religious people are a fine illustration of the subjectivity of moral code, as you have been carrying around the same instruction book for 1000s of years, and yet your morality was vastly improved by secular enlightenment. These are simply stated facts. Sorry ding, there's no room for your goofy voodoo or sky daddy in any of that. Which is really the only reason you are acting like a little whiny bitch right now.

You clue is maybe yes, maybe no.
No. That’s your clue because you have no clue. My clue is that we will be judged. How exactly? I’m not sure.

So what do you base it on?

I wasn't either, Ethel. I said religious people are a fine illustration of the subjectivity of moral code, as you have been carrying around the same instruction book for 1000s of years, and yet your morality was vastly improved by secular enlightenment. These are simply stated facts. Sorry ding, there's no room for your goofy voodoo or sky daddy in any of that. Which is really the only reason you are acting like a little whiny bitch right now.
See me any way you want because I see you as a militant atheist.

I just told you. A belief in a final justice.

But what do you base that belief on?
I just told you. The answer isn’t going to change.
That's stoopid. Why final justice?
Because that’s what I see here. You reap what you sow. Consequences are real.

There's no proof of that, it's your own theory that you made up.

But as an agnostic you don’t know. As a theist I do.

Just because as a theist you believe something doesn’t make it so.

You don’t know it’s not. You are an agnostic.

You don’t know it’s not. You are an agnostic.
No, you have no proof of your final judgement.

Forum List

Back