CDZ Is this the way it is or the way that it should be ?

With any rally that is organized or march that is conducted, should anyone be allowed to attend the rally with a loaded weapon without proper authorization? Otherwise to just show up with a weapon brandished upon your person, and claiming a right to do so under the Constitution ? For anyone wanting to attend a rally or march, and wanting to do so with a loaded weapon, (I have to ask), should they have to get a separate permit or a permit specifically stating the reason for having the gun coming along with them ? If the reason is not good enough, then should they be denide the permit for carrying a weapon at the specific rally applied for ? Should a bill be created that addresses the issue if there isn't one already ? If a rally is created or a march that is deemed peaceful by the organizers as just that, and it is stated in the permit being granted as such, then shouldn't there be added (due to the peaceful nature) a rule that states no weapons at all are allowed at the event, and a copy of it is to be given to the local police force in order to enforce the rule ?
View attachment 81555
. What's impossible ? That if I want to attend a rally that is divisive but peaceful, and if I feel the need to carry my weapon for protection while there, then your saying that there is no permit process for me to do so or that it is impossible to have me fill out a form to grant me the authority to carry openly my weapon at the rally in which I am seeking to attend for my personal protection ? A permit in which puts my name on a granted permit list of possible carry holders in which may be attending the rally and attending it while armed ?
No.
I'm saying that it's impossible to know who is carrying a weapon and who is not. I'm saying that a permit does nothing. I'm saying whether there are laws, restrictions, or check points, or not, people that want to bring weapons to marches and rallies will do so. How is anyone going to control such? So, why even get a permit? What real purpose does a permit serve? Those that have no intention to harm anyone, shouldn't be worried about anyway. And the bad guys that do have intentions to harm someone, aren't going to apply for permit.

It's basically the same as stupid gun control and attempting to get weapons off our streets. It's impossible.

Then obviously there's no reason to oppose such laws and regulations.

Yes there are......because they make law abiding people criminals simply for a failure to get a piece of paper...they will have committed no actual crime...but you create a crime for them to commit simply to get them in trouble...when it serves no real deterrent against actual criminals

You guys are so gung ho to screw over law abiding gun owners, yet could not care less about the actual criminals murdering people in democrat cities.....you have warped thinking processes.....

All they have to do is get the permit. "Failure to get a piece of paper"? Uh, okay, then I guess you oppose those stupid Voter ID laws in Texas and elsewhere?

Didn't think so.

You're an amazing hypocrite.

With any rally that is organized or march that is conducted, should anyone be allowed to attend the rally with a loaded weapon without proper authorization? Otherwise to just show up with a weapon brandished upon your person, and claiming a right to do so under the Constitution ? For anyone wanting to attend a rally or march, and wanting to do so with a loaded weapon, (I have to ask), should they have to get a separate permit or a permit specifically stating the reason for having the gun coming along with them ? If the reason is not good enough, then should they be denide the permit for carrying a weapon at the specific rally applied for ? Should a bill be created that addresses the issue if there isn't one already ? If a rally is created or a march that is deemed peaceful by the organizers as just that, and it is stated in the permit being granted as such, then shouldn't there be added (due to the peaceful nature) a rule that states no weapons at all are allowed at the event, and a copy of it is to be given to the local police force in order to enforce the rule ?
View attachment 81555
. What's impossible ? That if I want to attend a rally that is divisive but peaceful, and if I feel the need to carry my weapon for protection while there, then your saying that there is no permit process for me to do so or that it is impossible to have me fill out a form to grant me the authority to carry openly my weapon at the rally in which I am seeking to attend for my personal protection ? A permit in which puts my name on a granted permit list of possible carry holders in which may be attending the rally and attending it while armed ?
No.
I'm saying that it's impossible to know who is carrying a weapon and who is not. I'm saying that a permit does nothing. I'm saying whether there are laws, restrictions, or check points, or not, people that want to bring weapons to marches and rallies will do so. How is anyone going to control such? So, why even get a permit? What real purpose does a permit serve? Those that have no intention to harm anyone, shouldn't be worried about anyway. And the bad guys that do have intentions to harm someone, aren't going to apply for permit.

It's basically the same as stupid gun control and attempting to get weapons off our streets. It's impossible.

And when the democrats instituted Poll Taxes and Literacy tests to keep blacks from voting...there was really no reason to oppose those laws either..right?

Yep....as long as you are not a felon and commit no crime with the weapon.....what is the issue? It is a Right....not a privilege........again....they have committed no crime....broken no law.......

Public streets.........

Open carry is banned in several states without a permit. Just because something is declared a "right" doesn't mean it is an unconditional right.

Those bans are unconstitutional..........

No, they absolutely are not. I'm a lawyer, so I know a little about this.

Then join the Marines, pussy.

What's that got to do with the topic

And I have no plans to join the military. My Dad was a Navy Pilot and got killed for nothing in Nam. I don't owe the fucking government anything

You said you're not scared of guns. Guns fire lead projectiles at thousands of feet per second. If you're not scared of them, you're not rational. Or else you're trying to sound like a tough guy. So, assuming it's the latter, join the military. Guns can't hurt you, after all.

Guns do not scare me. I have used and handled them for more than 30 years. I am not afraid of an inanimate object are you?

I bet a chainsaw will make you piss your pants huh?.

And no a gun cannot hurt me it's the human being holding it that can do that

Not always.

6 Americans Have Been Shot by Their Dogs

This argument "guns don't kill, people kill" is beyond spurious and weak. You know damned well guns are more dangerous than fists. They're more deadly than knives or forks or baseball bats or scissors. You're not being honest. No one who trumpets these NRA/gun lobby talking points is.

Nope.....357,000,000 guns in private hands and less than 8,124 used to commit murder by people already legally barred from buying, owning or carrying them........your gun laws didn't work in 8,124 cases.......so adding a piece of paper to law abiding people who commit no crimes will not stop new murders.......
Hmm, with all dem guns, surely they would and could prevent a crime from occurring..But alas, no it doesn't..

No.

Yes there are......because they make law abiding people criminals simply for a failure to get a piece of paper...they will have committed no actual crime...but you create a crime for them to commit simply to get them in trouble...when it serves no real deterrent against actual criminals

You guys are so gung ho to screw over law abiding gun owners, yet could not care less about the actual criminals murdering people in democrat cities.....you have warped thinking processes.....

All they have to do is get the permit. "Failure to get a piece of paper"? Uh, okay, then I guess you oppose those stupid Voter ID laws in Texas and elsewhere?

Didn't think so.

Nope.....the voter i.d. just verifies who you say you are......I am more than happy to show a gun store my drivers license too......

View attachment 81555
No.

And when the democrats instituted Poll Taxes and Literacy tests to keep blacks from voting...there was really no reason to oppose those laws either..right?

There was no rational basis for those rules. There is a rational basis to require people handling a lethal weapon to do so after proving that they're not dangerous and after proving they're competent to do so.

Oh, and even 6th graders know those were Dixiecrats, who are Republicans now.

Nice attempt at an equivalency, though.

Yep....as long as you are not a felon and commit no crime with the weapon.....what is the issue? It is a Right....not a privilege........again....they have committed no crime....broken no law.......

Public streets.........

Open carry is banned in several states without a permit. Just because something is declared a "right" doesn't mean it is an unconditional right.

And the left wing Justices on the Supreme Court are lawyers too...and they are as wrong as you are......

No.

Didn't think so.

Nope.....the voter i.d. just verifies who you say you are......I am more than happy to show a gun store my drivers license too......

Then you should be MORE than happy to show your permit to a police officer when you're openly carrying in a non-open-carry state. Unless you're an amazing hypocrite.

Public streets.........

And the left wing Justices on the Supreme Court are lawyers too...and they are as wrong as you are......

I see, so the Supreme Court in your own imagination says these laws are unconstitutional? That's nice and all, but I'm not a citizen there. Thank Beelzebub.

No.

There was no rational basis for those rules. There is a rational basis to require people handling a lethal weapon to do so after proving that they're not dangerous and after proving they're competent to do so.

Nope........the only laws we need to handle that we already have...felons cannot buy, own or carry guns...when they are found with a gun they can already be arrested....

if someone with a gun commits a crime with the gun, they too can already be arrested.....

that is all we need.....the piece of paper adds nothing to that equation..except costing more money, and setting up law abiding gun owners for a crime for a failure to get that piece of paper.......

No.

Didn't think so.

Then you should be MORE than happy to show your permit to a police officer when you're openly carrying in a non-open-carry state. Unless you're an amazing hypocrite.

You have to show your i.d. when you get a traffic stop........and I would be more than happy to do that if a cop asked me......Blue Lives Matter......Black lies Murder.....

No.

Yes...there is a rational basis for Voter I.D.....so people can't vote more than once......just like in every other country in the world including Afghanistan and Iraq....

No.

Nope........the only laws we need to handle that we already have...felons cannot buy, own or carry guns...when they are found with a gun they can already be arrested....

if someone with a gun commits a crime with the gun, they too can already be arrested.....

that is all we need.....the piece of paper adds nothing to that equation..except costing more money, and setting up law abiding gun owners for a crime for a failure to get that piece of paper.......

Felons absolutely can buy, own and carry guns. They do it all the time by buying from unscrupulous sellers. This is a law that helps address that in certain states.

Why are you all of a sudden against states' rights?

No.

So is murder, so let's get rid of capital punishment..
Very silly........... really cute ......

We have laws to punish crime, not to prevent crime. Our laws are NOT prevention, rather they exist to punish crime.
The bad guys do not care about laws. And, for the most part, the good guys don't need laws to prevent them from doing wrong and committing crimes. How many rapists care that it's against the law to rape? How many thieves care about laws against stealing? How many murderers care that it's against the law to murder?

This argument is soooooo tired and thoroughly debunked.
Well, I challenge you, or anyone else, to debunk it. The argument is true and valid.

I'll wait here for you to debunk it and prove it false. Good luck.

We have all kinds of laws to prevent crime. Murder laws prevent crime, in many cases. Not all of them, sure, but that's not a valid argument for ridding our society of murder laws.

You're an idiot.

We have gun laws that act the same as murder laws...commit a crime with a gun and you go to jail....commit murder you go to jail.....

you want Pre-CRime.....where you arrest people before they use their guns to commit a crime......

No.

Yes...there is a rational basis for Voter I.D.....so people can't vote more than once......just like in every other country in the world including Afghanistan and Iraq....

I was referring to the literacy tests and poll taxes.

We can also engage in discussion on voter ID if you like. SCOTUS hasn't really weighed in on whether those voter ID laws are constitutional and the circuits are split.

But if I remember correctly, you don't care what the Supreme Court, or the executive branch says, because you're a citizen of the country of your imagination.

So is murder, so let's get rid of capital punishment..
Very silly........... really cute ......

We have laws to punish crime, not to prevent crime. Our laws are NOT prevention, rather they exist to punish crime.
The bad guys do not care about laws. And, for the most part, the good guys don't need laws to prevent them from doing wrong and committing crimes. How many rapists care that it's against the law to rape? How many thieves care about laws against stealing? How many murderers care that it's against the law to murder?

This argument is soooooo tired and thoroughly debunked.
Well, I challenge you, or anyone else, to debunk it. The argument is true and valid.

I'll wait here for you to debunk it and prove it false. Good luck.

We have all kinds of laws to prevent crime. Murder laws prevent crime, in many cases. Not all of them, sure, but that's not a valid argument for ridding our society of murder laws.

You're an idiot.

We have gun laws that act the same as murder laws...commit a crime with a gun and you go to jail....commit murder you go to jail.....

you want Pre-CRime.....where you arrest people before they use their guns to commit a crime......

It's not pre-crime if they've made the decision to carry their gun without a permit any more than it's "pre crime" if they drive without a license.

What's wrong with you?

No.

. I guess I'm mainly talking about open carry like the situation was in Dallas... Yes concealed carry is just that, but if prohibited at a rally or event, then I wouldn't want the law to find me packing at a rally or event if it is not lawful to do so at the specific event. Right Sonny ? An event could OK open or concealed carry, but shouldn't the event organizers accompanied by law enforcement set the guidelines and rules for such ? Otherwise there could be a permit process that would grant permission or not to those who would want to carry openly or concealed at the event. This way law enforcement along with the event organizers might at least know who is packing, and why they are packing at the event right ?
Only the honest people would come forth and apply for such a permit. Those intent on doing harm would never do such a thing. How would law enforcement personnel know who has what unless they set up security check points like airports have? And, who's to say that someone intent on doing harm, wouldn't do as the sniper did from outside the secure zone? A sniper can pick people off from a 1,000 yards away, or farther.

And, unless every single person is scanned and searched, and there is a secure area that no one can enter without passing through a security check point, how will anyone be sure that only those with a permit have arms? In other words, at protests, rallies, riots, and sudden gatherings into the streets, how would it work?

This is a strawman argument that alleges gun laws can only be acceptable if they stop ALL gun crime from happening.

We create laws to mitigate crime and make an orderly society to the best of our ability. We don't demand perfection and then throw away all laws when we can't achieve it.

The entire premise of all your points in this thread is completely worthless.

No......we have gun laws...they handle every gun crime there is......if you use a gun to commit a crime you are arrested.......just like murder, or speeding violations....you guys want law abiding gun owners to meet a special standard...while ignoring actual criminals who use guns....

Didn't think so.

You have to show your i.d. when you get a traffic stop........and I would be more than happy to do that if a cop asked me......Blue Lives Matter......Black lies Murder.....

But not if you have a gun, right?

LMAO @ your insane logic.

No.

. I guess I'm mainly talking about open carry like the situation was in Dallas... Yes concealed carry is just that, but if prohibited at a rally or event, then I wouldn't want the law to find me packing at a rally or event if it is not lawful to do so at the specific event. Right Sonny ? An event could OK open or concealed carry, but shouldn't the event organizers accompanied by law enforcement set the guidelines and rules for such ? Otherwise there could be a permit process that would grant permission or not to those who would want to carry openly or concealed at the event. This way law enforcement along with the event organizers might at least know who is packing, and why they are packing at the event right ?
Only the honest people would come forth and apply for such a permit. Those intent on doing harm would never do such a thing. How would law enforcement personnel know who has what unless they set up security check points like airports have? And, who's to say that someone intent on doing harm, wouldn't do as the sniper did from outside the secure zone? A sniper can pick people off from a 1,000 yards away, or farther.

And, unless every single person is scanned and searched, and there is a secure area that no one can enter without passing through a security check point, how will anyone be sure that only those with a permit have arms? In other words, at protests, rallies, riots, and sudden gatherings into the streets, how would it work?

This is a strawman argument that alleges gun laws can only be acceptable if they stop ALL gun crime from happening.

We create laws to mitigate crime and make an orderly society to the best of our ability. We don't demand perfection and then throw away all laws when we can't achieve it.

The entire premise of all your points in this thread is completely worthless.

No......we have gun laws...they handle every gun crime there is......if you use a gun to commit a crime you are arrested.......just like murder, or speeding violations....you guys want law abiding gun owners to meet a special standard...while ignoring actual criminals who use guns....

We also have "no running by the pool" signs in lieu of "don't fall and break your neck and drown" signs.

Welcome to organized society, you fucking idiot.

No.

Except for the waste of time and taxpayers' money discussing and voting on such legislation. We have bigger fish to fry in this country.

Sure, you mean by voting to repeal Obamacare for the 47th time or holding the 30th Benghazi hearing? LMAO @ you

We have 12,000 gun homicides per year. If we can reduce that by even 10%, it's surely worth the time to save 1,200 people.

Guns are used 1,500,00 times a year on average to stop violent crime....that far outweighs gun crime of any kind.....and the number from the FBI homicie table is 8,124 for 2014.....and it was going down...before obama started releasing criminals and attacking the police........

More Americans bought guns..and the gun murder rate went down....you whole argument is based on lies....

Forum List

Back