Is "Water" a Human Right?

AntiParty

Tea is the new Kool-Aid
Mar 12, 2014
Is "Water" a Human Right? The Constitution protects the "General Welfare". I've heard 101 thing's that don't apply to that "General Welfare of People" ruling that we can't ask our ancestors about...........but NOTHING is more "General Welfare" than water. I can live without everything else longer.

Discuss perspectives.

'Water Is a Human Right': Advocates Call for End to Detroit Water Shutoffs

Guns are a freedom. But water isn't, because no one in their right mind ever thought it would be necessary....

Last edited:
Or perhaps it's just our job to "promote" water. Strange since the Right Wing attacked Mrs.Obama when she took the stance promoting water consumption.

Since we're mostly made of water and we have a human right to live then I'd say that water is a human right despite what any mother fucker at the Nestle corporation might say. Without water, you have no rights because you're dead and no longer a human.

What they are doing to people in that city is criminal and immoral.

Last edited:
Anything we decide is a right, is a right.
Nonsense.

Rights are things you have by virtue of being human. The only thing they get for you, is that no one can take them away. But there is no right that people have to put in effort to give you. That includes medical care, a job, food... and water.

You have a right to life. That means no one is allowed to murder you. But it doesn't mean you automatically get the things you need to sustain life (food, water, shelter, medical care etc.). You still have to seek those out and obtain them for yourself.

Clear now?

Last edited:
Anything we decide is a right, is a right.
Nonsense.

Rights are things you have by virtue of being human. The only thing they get for you, is that no one can take them away. But there is no right that people have to put in effort to give you. That includes medical care, a job, food... and water.

You have a right to life. That means no one is allowed to murder you. But it doesn't mean you automatically get the things you need to sustain life (food, water, shelter, medical care etc.). You still have to seek those out and obtain them for yourself.

Clear now?

That would be your opinion.

Oh, I might add that you have proven my point and trashed yours. You've presented your criteria that you use in decidin whabis a right.

That is what I said. All you've done is present an example.

Last edited:
Since we're mostly made of water and we have a human right to live then I'd say that water is a human right despite what any mother fucker at the Nestle corporation might say. Without water, you have no rights because you're dead and no longer a human.

What they are doing to people in that city is criminal and immoral.

Lot's of things immoral happen everyday and all parties justify them.

Anything we decide is a right, is a right. We can certainly put forth criteria upon which we will base that determination.

The founders are dead. The people seem to be having a hard time deciphering what they stated. Just like all old books, everyone tends to decipher them in different ways and all think they are correct.

Anything we decide is a right, is a right. We can certainly put forth criteria upon which we will base that determination.

Once you've established your criteria, you can decide.

But I would say you are incorrect in your first claim.

A criteria some people utilize is that rights are universally available to all people and they should not cost anything.

Nice vague post...

So tell me.

Is water a right?

vs.

Is gun ownership a right?

I personally would venture to, "Is water without pollutans a right". But hey, who thinks anymore :)

Nice vague post...

So tell me.

Is water a right?

vs.

You have the right to own a gun.

You have no claim on anyone to buy one for your.

Gun ownership does not mean free guns.

But you morons on the left can't figure that out.

The founders are dead. The people seem to be having a hard time deciphering what they stated. Just like all old books, everyone tends to decipher them in different ways and all think they are correct.

Exactly. They base their decision on the criteria of how they interpret historical documents. At least on the surface.

It is obvious that they ar basing their interpretation on apriori unstated criteria, even unstated apriori decisions a to what are right. Then they interpret documents to suit their decisions.

You will notice that this process has a unique characteristic in that their definitions always benefit themselve over others.

You can state that as a hypothesis with instrumuntal definitions and measures.

Last edited:

Nice vague post...

So tell me.

Is water a right?

vs.

You have the right to own a gun.

You have no claim on anyone to buy one for your.

Gun ownership does not mean free guns.

But you morons on the left can't figure that out.

1) Not left, it shouldn't take much research to spot it
2) You never answered if water is a "FREEDOM". You completely dismissed the "General Welfare" topic we were discussing....

Exactly. They base their decision on the criteria of how they interpret historical documents. At least on the surface.

It is obvious that they ar basing their interpretation on apriori unstated criteria, even unstated apriori decisions a to what are right. Then they interpret documents to suit their decisions.

You will notice that this process has a unique characteristic in that their definitions always benefit themselve over others.

You can state that as a hypothesis with instrumuntal definitions and measures.

The founders simply had common sense. Today's politics get's over complicated. We are a Christian based Country even if it isn't in the Constitution. Do you think our founders wanted to charge for water or bathrooms?

Nice vague post...

So tell me.

Is water a right?

vs.

It's important to define the basis of what further logic and reason rests upon. All reasoning begins with postulates and axioms that cannot be proven and must there for sstand on their own.

The two rights you propose are not so easily answered without setting forth some circumstance within which it is examined. And, we lack some basic axioms.

Are we discussing a Robinson Cruiso situation? O are we considering a large, complex, working societ?

I have one axiom, that of symetery. I am oligated to treat you in no better manner than you treat me and others.

Is "Water" a Human Right? The Constitution protects the "General Welfare". I've heard 101 thing's that don't apply to that "General Welfare of People" ruling that we can't ask our ancestors about...........but NOTHING is more "General Welfare" than water. I can live without everything else longer.

Discuss perspectives.

Guns are a freedom. But water isn't, because no one in their right mind ever thought it would be necessary....

Yes it is. Constitutionally, we're entitled to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Without water "life" ends in about 72 hours.

Nice vague post...

So tell me.

Is water a right?

vs.

It's important to define the basis of what further logic and reason rests upon. All reasoning begins with postulates and axioms that cannot be proven and must there for sstand on their own.

The two rights you propose are not so easily answered without setting forth some circumstance within which it is examined. And, we lack some basic axioms.

Are we discussing a Robinson Cruiso situation? O are we considering a large, complex, working societ?

I have one axiom, that of symetery. I am oligated to treat you in no better manner than you treat me and others.

It's an extremely simple question. You overcomplicating it with big words you probably never heard before and many miss spellings won't make you look smart with a question this basic.

Discuss perspectives.

Yes it is. Constitutionally, we're entitled to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Without water "life" ends in about 72 hours.

Life, Liberty and Happiness all depend on water.....Without it, you will have none of these.

Water is the most abundant resource on the planet......

Watching AMERICANS try to cut off other AMERICANS from water shows a flaw in "We The People"

Forum List

Back