ISIS inside Baghdad, will Obama ramp it up?

Bush prosecuted a just war horribly until after the surge. Dismantling the army has proven to be a huge mistake as well. Having said that the country was stable until Obama played semantics in order to pull ALL troops out of the region before they were stable enough to withstand outside influences.

And by stable Iraq I mean that Saddam was killing thousands instead of ISIS. The result is the same it's just that now liberals can blame America with the revisionist history.

Iraq was never stable after the invasion. Anyone who believes otherwise, also believes in fairy tales. It's been a horrific bloodbath since the invasion. We unleashed the Radicals. We made ISIS possible. That's the ugly reality.

We could always help evacuate the Christians and other minorities from Iraq, and support Kurds in holding onto what they can. If things turn that bad. Though so far at least the US government has helped avert large scale genocide, which ISIS attempted a while back.

We need to come home. We've done enough damage over there. There were virtually no Terrorist Groups in Iraq and the region before we invaded Iraq. We made ISIS possible. It's time to get the hell out of there.
OMG

You need to come out of your bunker & check in with the rest of the world once & awhile

The Extremists were on lockdown in the Middle East. And that was especially true in Iraq. Our invasion helped the Radicals immensely. There was relative stability in the region before the Iraq War. We have done enough damage. The Iraq Military has been given $Billions in Tax Dollars, and now have the most advanced Military capabilities. They should be able to handle ISIS. But if they can't, than so be it. They have to fall.

No doubt the 2nd Iraq war was handled extremely poor and stupidly. No one can argue with that, at least I hope not.
We should be giving no one any $$ or a single freaking weapon. I agree.
But to bury our heads in the sand and watch a fanatical/growing SERIOUSLY well financed militants take over whole regions of the M.E. would be no less stupid.

Who is financing them? That's a very interesting question. The answer to that question is too disturbing for average Americans to confront. So they just ignore it completely. ISIS didn't just magically appear with all that cash & weapons. They got it from someone. But regardless, they're still just a small ragtag gang of Terrorist nutters. The Iraq Military should be able to handle them. Let them sort it out. It's time for us to get the hell out of there.
They stole billions from the banks they plundered in each town as they went. As well as priceless artifacts from museums. They got their weapons in a multitude of places, mostly stolen.

Bush prosecuted a just war horribly until after the surge. Dismantling the army has proven to be a huge mistake as well. Having said that the country was stable until Obama played semantics in order to pull ALL troops out of the region before they were stable enough to withstand outside influences.

And by stable Iraq I mean that Saddam was killing thousands instead of ISIS. The result is the same it's just that now liberals can blame America with the revisionist history.

Iraq was never stable after the invasion. Anyone who believes otherwise, also believes in fairy tales. It's been a horrific bloodbath since the invasion. We unleashed the Radicals. We made ISIS possible. That's the ugly reality.
Your "Damn America" attitude is sickening

It should be a massacre. ISIS doesn't have advanced weapon capabilities. They don't have an Airforce. The Iraq Military should have no problem wiping ISIS out. It's their show now. We need to withdraw from Iraq and the entire Middle East. Our time of constant meddling over there needs to pass.

The Taliban in Afghanistan didn't have advanced weaponry when the USSR occupied them either. What's your point?

Actually, the U.S. provided the Islamists with massive amounts of cash and advanced weapons.

It should be a massacre. ISIS doesn't have advanced weapon capabilities. They don't have an Airforce. The Iraq Military should have no problem wiping ISIS out. It's their show now. We need to withdraw from Iraq and the entire Middle East. Our time of constant meddling over there needs to pass.

The Taliban in Afghanistan didn't have advanced weaponry when the USSR occupied them either. What's your point?

Actually, the U.S. provided the Islamists with massive amounts of cash and advanced weapons.
And 9/11 was an inside job.

I got it. We're done here....

We need to come home. We've done enough damage over there. There were virtually no Terrorist Groups in Iraq and the region before we invaded Iraq. We made ISIS possible. It's time to get the hell out of there.
OMG

You need to come out of your bunker & check in with the rest of the world once & awhile

The Extremists were on lockdown in the Middle East. And that was especially true in Iraq. Our invasion helped the Radicals immensely. There was relative stability in the region before the Iraq War. We have done enough damage. The Iraq Military has been given $Billions in Tax Dollars, and now have the most advanced Military capabilities. They should be able to handle ISIS. But if they can't, than so be it. They have to fall.

No doubt the 2nd Iraq war was handled extremely poor and stupidly. No one can argue with that, at least I hope not.
We should be giving no one any $$ or a single freaking weapon. I agree.
But to bury our heads in the sand and watch a fanatical/growing SERIOUSLY well financed militants take over whole regions of the M.E. would be no less stupid.

Who is financing them? That's a very interesting question. The answer to that question is too disturbing for average Americans to confront. So they just ignore it completely. ISIS didn't just magically appear with all that cash & weapons. They got it from someone. But regardless, they're still just a small ragtag gang of Terrorist nutters. The Iraq Military should be able to handle them. Let them sort it out. It's time for us to get the hell out of there.
They stole billions from the banks they plundered in each town as they went. As well as priceless artifacts from museums. They got their weapons in a multitude of places, mostly stolen.

What $Billions? Which Banks? Sounds like another fairy tale. The real deal is, they got all their cash & weapons from the West and several Sunni nations in the region. It was all about 'Regime Changing' Assad. It was another Interventionist blunder.

Tell me about the Taliban Air Force, tanks and artillery from the US that they used to fight the Russians.

Your "Damn America" attitude is sickening

No, i'm just realistic. And i'm sick of endless Intervention/War. It's time for change.

Tell me about the Taliban Air Force, tanks and artillery from the US that they used to fight the Russians.

Without the U.S. pumping $Billions in Tax Dollars to the Islamists, they wouldn't have defeated the Soviets. And it was also the beginnings of Al Qaeda's creation.

And 9/11 was an inside job.

I got it. We're done here....

I understand. It's tough hearing truth. Most Americans don't want anything to do with the truth. They just wanna go on living their 'GO TEAM USA!!' fantasy. I get it.

Without the U.S. pumping $Billions in Tax Dollars to the Islamists, they wouldn't have defeated the Soviets. And it was also the beginnings of Al Qaeda's creation.

The US did provide a lot of support to the mujahideen, but the only 'advanced weapon' they got from the US was the Stinger missille.

"The U.S.-built Stinger antiaircraft missile, supplied to the mujahideen in very large numbers beginning in 1986, struck a decisive blow to the Soviet war effort as it allowed the lightly armed Afghans to effectively defend against Soviet helicopter landings in strategic areas."

I understand ISIS recently shot down a Syrian helicopter with a Russian copy of the US Stinger missile. It has the capability of shooting down an aircraft up to 20,000 feet.

The US did provide a lot of support to the mujahideen, but the only 'advanced weapon' they got from the US was the Stinger missille.

"The U.S.-built Stinger antiaircraft missile, supplied to the mujahideen in very large numbers beginning in 1986, struck a decisive blow to the Soviet war effort as it allowed the lightly armed Afghans to effectively defend against Soviet helicopter landings in strategic areas."

I understand ISIS recently shot down a Syrian helicopter with a Russian copy of the US Stinger missile. It has the capability of shooting down an aircraft up to 20,000 feet.

Highly unlikely Russia has funded & armed ISIS. It's far more likely the West and its allies in the region have.

Highly unlikely Russia has funded & armed ISIS. It's far more likely the West and its allies in the region have.
There are photos of the Russian weapons including anti aircraft weapons in their posession. The only thing that is highly unlikely is that your source for slanted coverage is giving you all the details.

Carry on

And what does 'ramp it up' mean? Obama is already bombing them around the clock. In fact, i just saw him and his lackeys boasting about that. So we need some clarification on what 'ramp it up' means.

There are photos of the Russian weapons including anti aircraft weapons in their posession. The only thing that is highly unlikely is that your source for slanted coverage is giving you all the details.

Carry on

Likely got em from dead Syrian Government soldiers. Russia is not funding & arming ISIS. It wouldn't make any sense.

Hey, did ISIS take Baghdad and take over the World yet? Ah, probably not. If the Nazis couldn't do it, i seriously doubt a few Terrorist nutters can.

I don't think Obama is quite that stupid. We are bombing ISIS, not supplying them with arms. I also read we have some Apache Helicopters flying combat in and around Baghdad. This is bad news for those aviators.

Here is where they got the Russian missiles.

"After weeks of fighting, Islamic State forces finally took the Syrian airbase at Tabqa in Ar-Raqqa Governorate, where it has been routing the Syrian army. Taqba is the latest base seized by the Islamic State, cementing its grip on Raqqa. It forced the army's 17th Division from itsbaseon July 25; two days later, the campaign overran a major artillery positionheld by Regiment 121, capturing an arsenal of weaponry and munitions; it then captured the Brigade 93 base on August 7.

The seizure of the airfield has attracted more than the usual amount of attention because it was an operational Syrian air force base, and the Islamic State guys were supposedly able to seize SA-16 MANPADS (man-portable surface-to-air defense systems), Mig-21 combat aircraft, and K-13 air-to-air missiles (a Russian knock off of the widely used American Sidewinder missile)."

They were called "Stingers" and they changed the war.

I don't think Obama is quite that stupid. We are bombing ISIS, not supplying them with arms. I also read we have some Apache Helicopters flying combat in and around Baghdad. This is bad news for those aviators.

Here is where they got the Russian missiles.

"After weeks of fighting, Islamic State forces finally took the Syrian airbase at Tabqa in Ar-Raqqa Governorate, where it has been routing the Syrian army. Taqba is the latest base seized by the Islamic State, cementing its grip on Raqqa. It forced the army's 17th Division from itsbaseon July 25; two days later, the campaign overran a major artillery positionheld by Regiment 121, capturing an arsenal of weaponry and munitions; it then captured the Brigade 93 base on August 7.

The seizure of the airfield has attracted more than the usual amount of attention because it was an operational Syrian air force base, and the Islamic State guys were supposedly able to seize SA-16 MANPADS (man-portable surface-to-air defense systems), Mig-21 combat aircraft, and K-13 air-to-air missiles (a Russian knock off of the widely used American Sidewinder missile)."

That's what i figured. Russia would not fund & arm ISIS. But there is evidence the West and several Sunni nations in the region have. But regardless, Obama is bombing them around the clock. He was just on TV boasting about it. So i'm not sure what 'ramp it up' means.

Hey, did ISIS take Baghdad and take over the World yet? Ah, probably not. If the Nazis couldn't do it, i seriously doubt a few Terrorist nutters can.
They could do the former, as Turkey has a border that Islamists can cross over fairly easily into Iraq. Turkey thinks that letting ISIS run free over Iraq will rid itself of the Kurds. Unfortunately when ISIS turns on its backers in Turkey, Saudi, UAE, and Qatar, they will demand the US give them money, boots on the ground, and weapons. So we are forced into war whether we intervene in Iraq or not.

Forum List

Back