🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Islam and Mental Illness

And JRoc -- if any group ought to realize the dangers of getting "carried away" in a national hysteria against any particular group --- it would pretty much be us.

So I see US -- as having the responsibility to CAP Muslim Scare hysteria within some very ethical bounds. I'm against importing Arab hatreds and culture -- not against importing Muslims. Most of America is just short of jumping that fence and slamming the whole Muslim world.

We have a long standing "Arab American" communities in the US....that are successful and have contributed much: Arab Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just think we need to be careful about blanket assumptions about peoples...and keep it simple. They must obey our laws and cultural norms - as is expected of any immigrant group and as has been expected. That seems to have led to a great deal of American success over the years.

Yup Yup Yup Yup... Muslim Student Assoc hosting "Hitler Youth Week" on campus. Yup Yup.. Protected and condoned by faculty. Yup Yup Yup Yup..

Supports all Jews gathering in Israel so that "we don'tt have to hunt you down" .. Yup Yup Yup..
THAT's not a micro-aggression we witnessed there is it? Nope Nope Nope.

If it is -- that girl is in BIG trouble. :bang3:

It's PC to hate Muslims and that is obvious by how OK everyone is with it and how unwilling they are to condemn it.
Not so.

Hating a terrorist is more like it, not someone who simply believes in a particular religion or practices a certain tradition.

There is a difference between hating a terrorist, and expanding that to include all Muslims as is evident from a wealth of postings on these boards.
Perhaps but that does not make it PC to hate Muslims. People who hate will find a target for that hate no matter who it may be or what they believe.

Yes it does. When elected representatives and campaigning politicians openly express it, legislate against Muslims (not terrorists) - then yes, I think it's PC. These are people we elect who speak for us.

Hardly,
politically correct
adjective

Simple Definition of politically correct
  • : agreeing with the idea that people should be careful to not use language or behave in a way that could offend a particular group of people"
Definition of POLITICALLY CORRECT

Besides, this type of behavior has been going on for ages and it is never truly accepted as correct politically or otherwise. A good example is Sen. Joe McCarthy who was censured in the 1950's.

No. I have not.

But I have seen a shitload of Muslim bashing from elected officials: refusing to allow the building of mosques, so-called anti-sharia legislation, calls to designate Islam as a non-religious, demands for loyalty oaths, a Muslim data base...have such attacks been levied at Jews in recent years by elected officials?

How is antisemitic rhetoric by our resident bigots here treated by the membership? Is the dog pile on the bigots or is the dog pile supporting the bigots? That should tell you who it is truly "fashionable" to attack.

Can you give some examples of that?

Yet neither are the vast majority of Muslims, and yet it's Muslims by far who are the victims.

Does that then justify the PC hatred of Muslims?

You have mental illness CAIR girl just like this women you support

The muslim scum are investing our collages, the leftist are their allies. It's PC to hate Jews...CAIR girl:slap:

Yup Yup Yup Yup... Muslim Student Assoc hosting "Hitler Youth Week" on campus. Yup Yup.. Protected and condoned by faculty. Yup Yup Yup Yup..

Supports all Jews gathering in Israel so that "we don'tt have to hunt you down" .. Yup Yup Yup..

It's PC to hate Muslims and that is obvious by how OK everyone is with it and how unwilling they are to condemn it.

You think I hate Muslims? Got no problem with westernized Muslims at all. And neither does most of America.

NON-westernized Muslims are risky and for the MOST PART --- should stay home.. Where they are comfortably protected from "abusive or uncomfortable" assaults on their values and morals and hatreds. Don't belong on US Campuses TERRORIZING students as the ONLY faction that could ever possibly get AWAY with kind of shit you see in that video,... I dont think even Black Handicapped Feminists could pull that off on a College campus.

I disagree - non-westernized Muslims have immigrated here SUCCESSFULLY for YEARS.

It's PC to hate Muslims all right - what other religious group has been targeted by political representatives in recent years?

Complaint filed against legislator for distributing anti-Muslim to DVD

Tennessee bill would jail Shariah followers - USATODAY.com
Tennessee bill would jail Shariah followers ... It exempts peaceful practice of Islam but labels any adherence to Shariah law — which includes religious practices such as feet washing and prayers — as treasonous.

Controversial Oklahoma legislator wants Muslims to renounce parts of Quran: Controversial Oklahoma legislator wants Muslims to renounce parts of Quran

Rep to Staff: Ask Muslim Visitors to Pledge Allegiance: https://www.texastribune.org/2015/01/29/rep-staff-ask-muslim-visitors-pledge-allegianc

Hitler Youth Week --- Suspending those agitators is not enough. Deportation would be much better...

Coyote said:
What Hitler Youth Week? There was no Hitler Youth Week - I couldn't find any campus activity titled that. In fact, it appears that is Horowitz's term for MSA's "Justice in Palestine" week. Whether you agree with it or not - it to call it "Hitler Youth Week" is totally dishonest, but then this comes from a man who promoted "Islamofascism Awareness Week" on College Campus. Can't we at least agree to condemn dishonest demonizing?

UCSD Student's Remark Triggers Controversy

Coyote -- You make it so hard for me to agree with you and HELP to make the IMPORTANT points about Muslim hysteria. Like that braindead Tenn bill that will go NOWHERE until the yahoos understand what Sharia Law really is.

You amazed me right there with your "Justice in Palestine" RE-interpretation of the ACTUAL words used by that female Mus. Stud. Assoc activist in the 1st video that JRoc posted. You either did NOT WATCH the video -- or you frantically searched for a "favorable" interpretation of what jihadi scarved women actually said.

At about 33 seconds into the video -- she CLEARLY BOASTS that the Muslim Student Assoc was hosting a "Hitler Youth Week".. No chance of you understanding the CULTURAL mental illness until you SEE it..

I can't continue this discussion and not get angry when you do that. Because I'm noticing that you don't seem to want to CONSUME facts that created dissonance in your views. You need to ACKNOWLEDGE that type of agitation along with AGREEING to the Hamas founder statement of hoping that ALL Jews gather in Israel so "we don't have to hunt you down one by one" should not EXIST as sanctioned and PROTECTED views on a USA campus. You can hear and see an audible GASP from the audience when she says it. And it was meant to TERRORIZE the campus attendees.

I'm out -- unless you start ACKNOWLEDGING the problems.. Because I don't want to get angry with someone who believes they are just out to do good.

The muslim scum are investing our collages, the leftist are their allies. It's PC to hate Jews...CAIR girl:slap:

You think I hate Muslims? Got no problem with westernized Muslims at all. And neither does most of America.

NON-westernized Muslims are risky and for the MOST PART --- should stay home.. Where they are comfortably protected from "abusive or uncomfortable" assaults on their values and morals and hatreds. Don't belong on US Campuses TERRORIZING students as the ONLY faction that could ever possibly get AWAY with kind of shit you see in that video,... I dont think even Black Handicapped Feminists could pull that off on a College campus.

I disagree - non-westernized Muslims have immigrated here SUCCESSFULLY for YEARS.

It's PC to hate Muslims all right - what other religious group has been targeted by political representatives in recent years?

Tennessee bill would jail Shariah followers ... It exempts peaceful practice of Islam but labels any adherence to Shariah law — which includes religious practices such as feet washing and prayers — as treasonous.

Controversial Oklahoma legislator wants Muslims to renounce parts of Quran: Controversial Oklahoma legislator wants Muslims to renounce parts of Quran

Rep to Staff: Ask Muslim Visitors to Pledge Allegiance: https://www.texastribune.org/2015/01/29/rep-staff-ask-muslim-visitors-pledge-allegianc

Hitler Youth Week --- Suspending those agitators is not enough. Deportation would be much better...

What Hitler Youth Week? There was no Hitler Youth Week - I couldn't find any campus activity titled that. In fact, it appears that is Horowitz's term for MSA's "Justice in Palestine" week. Whether you agree with it or not - it to call it "Hitler Youth Week" is totally dishonest, but then this comes from a man who promoted "Islamofascism Awareness Week" on College Campus. Can't we at least agree to condemn dishonest demonizing?

Coyote -- You make it so hard for me to agree with you and HELP to make the IMPORTANT points about Muslim hysteria. Like that braindead Tenn bill that will go NOWHERE until the yahoos understand what Sharia Law really is.

You amazed me right there with your "Justice in Palestine" RE-interpretation of the ACTUAL words used by that female Mus. Stud. Assoc activist in the 1st video that JRoc posted. You either did NOT WATCH the video -- or you frantically searched for a "favorable" interpretation of what jihadi scarved women actually said.

At about 33 seconds into the video -- she CLEARLY BOASTS that the Muslim Student Assoc was hosting a "Hitler Youth Week".. No chance of you understanding the CULTURAL mental illness until you SEE it..

I can't continue this discussion and not get angry when you do that. Because I'm noticing that you don't seem to want to CONSUME facts that created dissonance in your views. You need to ACKNOWLEDGE that type of agitation along with AGREEING to the Hamas founder statement of hoping that ALL Jews gather in Israel so "we don't have to hunt you down one by one" should not EXIST as sanctioned and PROTECTED views on a USA campus. You can hear and see an audible GASP from the audience when she says it. And it was meant to TERRORIZE the campus attendees.

I'm out -- unless you start ACKNOWLEDGING the problems.. Because I don't want to get angry with someone who believes they are just out to do good.[/QUOTE]

I did not watch the video - I read the news article, and it stated that the MSA was hosting "Justice for Palestine" - and I linked to that article. I did not INTERPRET anything - I don't typically watch videos I look for the articles and I have long had Jroc on Ignore so I don't even see what he posts.

Here is what that student organization was doing: Israeli-Palestinian debate revived at UCSD

If it was a Hitler Youth Week - I'd fully agree with you, but I can find NO ARTICLE stating that.

Last edited:

I'm out -- unless you start ACKNOWLEDGING the problems.. Because I don't want to get angry with someone who believes they are just out to do good.

I did not watch the video - I read the news article, and it stated that the MSA was hosting "Justice for Palestine" - and I linked to that article. I did not INTERPRET anything - I don't typically watch videos I look for the articles and I have long had Jroc on Ignore so I don't even see what he posts.

Here is what that student organization was doing: Israeli-Palestinian debate revived at UCSD

If it was a Hitler Youth Week - I'd fully agree with you, but I can find NO ARTICLE stating that.

Coyote -- put down the Google and stop frantically searching for interpretations. WATCH the damn VIDEO..

Stop trying to excuse the INexcusable and reasonable folks will meet you and work with you.. .

Ok, so I found the video, and it's the same one Jroc keeps bringing up - in fact, there is another entire thread devoted to it in which he and I argued over it. I went to the 33 sec mark, and heard what she said.

The student, wrote a rebuttal, in which she explained:

UCSD Muslim Student Responds to David Horowitz Event

Insofar as my references to Hitler and the Nazi Youth programs: it was Mr. Horowitz who spent a substantial amount of time referring to the MSA as the “Hitler Youth” and its Justice in Palestine Week as “Hitler Youth Week”— pejorative titles that as a human being, a student of history, and a person of faith, I find disgusting. I uttered them in a sarcastic manner only to point out the ridiculous and slanderous nature of Mr. Horowitz’s labels—Nazis sought the extermination of anyone who was not “white,” and this racial category excludes the vast majority of the Muslim population.

Do you SERIOUSLY think she and the MSA were putting on a "Hitler Youth Week"? Seriously flacaltenn? Not even the screwiest college campus would tolerate that. Even her tone of voice was joking, not serious, if you listen to it.

You can argue, legitimately, that she still didn't condemn Hamas, and other points that she made, but I think you are wrong on this one.

Ok, so I found the video, and it's the same one Jroc keeps bringing up - in fact, there is another entire thread devoted to it in which he and I argued over it. I went to the 33 sec mark, and heard what she said.

Insofar as my references to Hitler and the Nazi Youth programs: it was Mr. Horowitz who spent a substantial amount of time referring to the MSA as the “Hitler Youth” and its Justice in Palestine Week as “Hitler Youth Week”— pejorative titles that as a human being, a student of history, and a person of faith, I find disgusting. I uttered them in a sarcastic manner only to point out the ridiculous and slanderous nature of Mr. Horowitz’s labels—Nazis sought the extermination of anyone who was not “white,” and this racial category excludes the vast majority of the Muslim population.

Do you SERIOUSLY think she and the MSA were putting on a "Hitler Youth Week"? Seriously flacaltenn? Not even the screwiest college campus would tolerate that. Even her tone of voice was joking, not serious, if you listen to it.

You can argue, legitimately, that she still didn't condemn Hamas, and other points that she made, but I think you are wrong on this one.

Was she joking about supporting the proposition to bring all Jews to Israel so as to make the EXTERMINATION EASIER --- eh Coyote? If not -- then the sarcasm has no humor in it -- does it? And perhaps the "Hitler Youth Week" label is right on..

Was she joking about supporting the proposition to bring all Jews to Israel so as to make the EXTERMINATION EASIER --- eh Coyote? If not -- then the sarcasm has no humor in it -- does it? And perhaps the "Hitler Youth Week" label is right on..

I linked to her rebuttal where she explains herself - you can choose to believe her or not, I give her the benefit of the doubt, others would not - it's reasonable to debate it and her intent. But the "Hitler Youth Week" was a perjorative Horowitz himself kept applying to the MSA and I think that should be acknowledged as well.

There was no MSA Hitler Youth Week at UCLA that week or any other week. I think accusations like that serve no purpose but to demonize and descredit, and it did - both the college campus and the MSA.

I linked to her rebuttal where she explains herself - you can choose to believe her or not, I give her the benefit of the doubt, others would not - it's reasonable to debate it and her intent. But the "Hitler Youth Week" was a perjorative Horowitz himself kept applying to the MSA and I think that should be acknowledged as well.

There was no MSA Hitler Youth Week at UCLA that week or any other week. I think accusations like that serve no purpose but to demonize and descredit, and it did - both the college campus and the MSA.

There is a "Hitler Youth Week" EVERY WEEK that jihadi instigators such as this have free reign on US College Campuses. It's radicals that NEED to be exposed as Horowitz did. He simply DIAGNOSED their illness with the question about exterminating all Jews. Excuse me -- if I was sooooo appalled as to miss the sarcasm. Because "sarcasm" requires humor -- and there's NOTHING humorous about those views.

To answer your earlier question --- If radicals like that are speaking for the MSA --- then I support a IslamoFacist Awareness Week to expose them. Not that I'm a total fan of Horowitz -- but his methods are much more productive than mental counseling. The MSA dependence on calling Israel "an apartheid state" is a complete joke. Because the analogy does not even BEGIN to work. To have apartheid, you have to be denying the civil rights of a group that want to be INCLUDED in your government. And virtually NO PALESTINIANS are asking to have Israeli citizen rights.

If we want to avoid the bloody stereotyping of ALL Muslims -- we have to agree on who the radicals are. And that would apply to ANY dangerous group. When we mutually CONDEMN the radicals -- then we can work with what is left.

There is a "Hitler Youth Week" EVERY WEEK that jihadi instigators such as this have free reign on US College Campuses. It's radicals that NEED to be exposed as Horowitz did. He simply DIAGNOSED their illness with the question about exterminating all Jews. Excuse me -- if I was sooooo appalled as to miss the sarcasm. Because "sarcasm" requires humor -- and there's NOTHING humorous about those views.

To answer your earlier question --- If radicals like that are speaking for the MSA --- then I support a IslamoFacist Awareness Week to expose them. Not that I'm a total fan of Horowitz -- but his methods are much more productive than mental counseling. The MSA dependence on calling Israel "an apartheid state" is a complete joke. Because the analogy does not even BEGIN to work. To have apartheid, you have to be denying the civil rights of a group that want to be INCLUDED in your government. And virtually NO PALESTINIANS are asking to have Israeli citizen rights.

There are two different issues here that need to be looked at seperately.

One is the whole issue of "Justice for Palestine" - referring to Israel as apartheid etc. -- and I agree, it isn't - but, that does not make a group or person "radical" - it's a complicated highly emotional issue.

The other is "radicals" - does taking that position make them "radicals"? No. If they take the position that Jews should be driven to the sea and exterminated, then yes - that would be radical. If held a "Rally for ISIS" recruiting campaign then yup, that's pretty radical.

If we want to avoid the bloody stereotyping of ALL Muslims -- we have to agree on who the radicals are. And that would apply to ANY dangerous group. When we mutually CONDEMN the radicals -- then we can work with what is left.

Agree!

I'm going to bed now...not abandoning this...but it's 12:08 am and 6am is not sounding nice :(

politically correct religious offense? Have you met the anti-Jew wing of the Dem Progressives?
No. I have not.

But I have seen a shitload of Muslim bashing from elected officials: refusing to allow the building of mosques, so-called anti-sharia legislation, calls to designate Islam as a non-religious, demands for loyalty oaths, a Muslim data base...have such attacks been levied at Jews in recent years by elected officials?

How is antisemitic rhetoric by our resident bigots here treated by the membership? Is the dog pile on the bigots or is the dog pile supporting the bigots? That should tell you who it is truly "fashionable" to attack.

It's high fashion to bash Jews in liberal academia and amongst the left wing now. So do I understand it? Yup..

But my folks are not blowing random people to bits all over the globe every fucking day now. So I write off that PC hate as just a fad.

Yet neither are the vast majority of Muslims, and yet it's Muslims by far who are the victims.

Your fellow mod here supports this women..So what does that say about her?

That's just not right on so many levels. We should not go there. I might know what Coyote wants. And that's also what makes her an EXCELLENT moderator. She's out for fairness for Muslims, not a soldier of Allah. And the BOTH of us wish same kind of peace on the Mid-East conflicts and similar goals for Pali Statehood.

Her ONLY fault is too much patience and giving too many chances (apparently in RL as well). Not blood thirsty in the least -- I'm certain of that. Except for the occasional passing rabbit or turkey.

She supports the islamist.. nobody in their right mind would call David Horowitz evil, then post rebuttals for a women who wants all Jews hunted down and killed..Your fellow moderator is on more than this board pushing the CAIR narrative .

There are two different issues here that need to be looked at seperately.

One is the whole issue of "Justice for Palestine" - referring to Israel as apartheid etc. -- and I agree, it isn't - but, that does not make a group or person "radical" - it's a complicated highly emotional issue.

The other is "radicals" - does taking that position make them "radicals"? No. If they take the position that Jews should be driven to the sea and exterminated, then yes - that would be radical. If held a "Rally for ISIS" recruiting campaign then yup, that's pretty radical.

Agree!

MSA students for Justice in "Palestine" are radical Jew haters so are their leftists supporters. They don't want any discussion..they want dead Jews

She tried to blame it on their gayness, now she's trying to blame it on mental illness.

Jihadists are not mentally ill. The millions who want sharia law WORLDWIDE are not mentally ill. They are MUSLIM. THAT is their affliction. And everybody needs to get it through their heads that it's okay to defend yourself from them, even if they do claim that they have the blessings of Allah. It doesn't matter. Blessings or not, you don't get Sharia in America. Sorry. Get the fuck out of here, your ideals are not compatible with a free society, and we are a free society. Leave. And understand if you try to change our society to yours, you might die.

WOW! Did somebody get up on the wrong side of the bed today?

What about all these Muslims that claim they are peace loving?

Do you think people that strap high explosives on their bodies are mentally ill or just super religious?

I do think that thing about getting all those virgins if you blow yourself up is crazy. I've been with a few virgins and frankly it's no picnic. They are the worst fucks. It sounds more like a punishment to me than some kind of "gift".

As for what Muslims "want" for the rest of the world isn't that much different than what the Christians want. They both think they have not only the right but some stupid divine marching orders to make the rest of the world conform to their stupid fantasy.

You heard it "Coyote" CAIR girl heard it... this girl put out a rebuttal. because she got a lot of publicity for wanting dead Jews she had to

the displaying of the idiot "Jesus in piss" and "Mary made of elephant dung " exhibitions were funded by TAX MONEY?

Piss Christ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1987, Serrano's Piss Christ was exhibited at the Stux Gallery in New York and was favorably received.[10] The piece later caused a scandal when it was exhibited in 1989, with detractors, including United States Senators Al D'Amato and Jesse Helms, outraged that Serrano received $15,000 for the work, and $5,000 in 1986[11] from the taxpayer-funded National Endowment for the Arts. Serrano received death threats and hate mail, and he lost grants due to the controversy.[12] Others alleged that the government funding of Piss Christ violated separation of church and state.[13][14] The work was vandalized at the National Gallery of Victoria, Australia, and gallery officials reported receiving death threats in response to Piss Christ.[15] Supporters argued that the controversy over Piss Christ is an issue of artistic freedom and freedom of speech.[15]

Sister Wendy Beckett, an art critic and Catholic nun, stated in a television interview with Bill Moyers that she regarded the work as not blasphemous but a statement on "what we have done to Christ": that is, the way contemporary society has come to regard Christ and the values he represents.[16]

During a retrospective of Serrano's work at the National Gallery of Victoria in 1997, the then Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne, George Pell, sought an injunction from the Supreme Court of Victoria to restrain the National Gallery of Victoria from publicly displaying Piss Christ, which was not granted. Some days later, one patron attempted to remove the work from the gallery wall, and two teenagers later attacked it with a hammer.[citation needed] The director of the NGV cancelled the show, allegedly out of concern for a Rembrandt exhibition that was also on display at the time.[13]

Piss Christ was included in "Down by Law", a "show within a show" on identity politics and disobedience that formed part of the 2006 Whitney Biennial. The British Channel 4 TV documentary Damned in the USA explored the controversy surrounding Piss Christ.

On April 17, 2011, a print of Piss Christ was vandalized "beyond repair" by Christian protesters while on display during the Je crois aux miracles (I believe in miracles) exhibition at the Collection Lambert, a contemporary art museum in Avignon, France.[17][18] Serrano's photo The Church was similarly vandalized in the attack.

Beginning September 27, 2012, Piss Christ was on display at the Edward Tyler Nahem gallery in New York, at the Andres Serrano show "Body and Spirit."[19] Religious groups and some lawmakers called for President Barack Obama to denounce the artwork, comparing it to the anti-Islamic film Innocence of Muslims that the White House had condemned earlier that month.[20]

So what's the EXCUSE for this exactly? One nun regarded the work as "non-blasphemous"? I'm afraid her interpretation is subject to review by the majority of Christians who reserve the right to feel pretty damned offended.

I have no idea. What is the excuse? You tell me.

I don't much care for it, and I certainly see how Christians would be very offended. What is your point exactly because I'm not defending it.

What I"m saying is there appears to be a disconnect.

Piss Christ - is offensive, but according to the artist, not intended to be.
The Mohammed Cartoon Contest - is offensive, and is INTENDED to be offensive towards a particular group of people and those putting the exhibition on were hoping for provocation.

So right there - you have differences in intent and scale. One piece, one artist, vs an exhibition of multiple pieces that got plenty of media attention.

But the biggest difference is this - it's POLITICALLY CORRECT to offend Muslims. A significant portion of the public supported and applauded it. Now, what do you imagine would happen if you put on a Holocaust Denial Cartoon contest in THIS country? How would the public react? Would they be applauding free speech and hailing it as a victory for free speech (well, maybe Odius and his buddies)? Or would there be a lot of voices speaking out in condemnation? I applaud the Texas muslim community, for turning their backs and ignoring it. That's the American way.

politically correct religious offense? Have you met the anti-Jew wing of the Dem Progressives?
No. I have not.

It's high fashion to bash Jews in liberal academia and amongst the left wing now. So do I understand it? Yup..

But my folks are not blowing random people to bits all over the globe every fucking day now. So I write off that PC hate as just a fad.

again with the "vast majority" are not actively engaging in that which their RELIGION LAUDS-------thanks for that----not only did the VAST MAJORITY OF GERMANS *NOT* pick up jewish babies by the heels and smash their heads against brick walls.----in fact the VAST MAJORITY were not even sure it was happening------but it was-----it was the RELIGION CALLED NAZISM and the VAST MAJORITY OF GERMANS---supported the religion called NAZISM in 1940. Islam supports that which ISIS does-----how do I know? muslims told me

Coyote said:

You do know that "Coyote"..CAIR girl believes these are mistranslated and a conspiracy by the Jews to make the Arabs look bad right?..Ask her she'll tell you

When a person does something crazy, even violent and crazy - we usually accept that they are mentally ill. Our culture still has a long ways to go in regards to erasing the stigma of mental illness, and recognizing it as something that needs treatment - but it's come a long ways.

But, when that person is Muslim, there seems to be a double stigma attached to it. One: they are Muslim, and any crazy or violent behavior is blamed on their religion. Two: they are crazy, and mental illness still retains a huge stigma in the Muslim Community.

Take for example:

Amina Ali Ahra, who out of the blue grabbed a flag, and started attacking a nearby woman. She'd been reported as hanging around the area but did not live there, chased another woman into her house and when arrested was unable to give police coherent information. This sparked threads, claims of outrage directed at Muslim extremists and Muslims in general and immigrants in general, and in the end it was determined she had mental issues.

Nicholas Salvadore, who went on a bloody rampage, decapitating an elderly woman and two cats. Much was made of it as a religious terrorist attack because he was a Muslim. But, he was also mentally ill, and a paranoid schitzophrenic.

If they were not Muslim, it would quickly have been yesterday's news, no demands for "why isn't this in the news" etc. If they were not Muslim, people would have considered mental illness as a causative factor because the "religion thing" would not have been occupying so much headspace. It's also possible that if they hadn't been Muslim, their families and friends may have recognized signs and sought treatment in childhood before it erupted in to a tragedy.

‘Muslims must fight this taboo’ Islamic leaders want stigma around mental illness to end

Praising the Sunday Express for its Crusade for better mental health Shaykh Ibrahim Mogra, assistant Secretary-General for the Muslim Council of Britain, said feelings of shame, cultural and religious ignorance and a general lack of physical fitness meant that the rate of mental illness within Muslim communities far exceeded the three per cent national average.

In some quarters the situation was so bad that parents have banned schools from referring to their children as having special educational needs in awards ceremonies because of the perceived stigma involved, or feelings of personal guilt.

“Mental Illness still remains a taboo subject in Muslim communities and people are not seeking the help that is available. This is causing unnecessary distress to themselves and loved ones,” he said.

“Many parents try to keep mental illness with children hidden and under the radar. They don't want anyone to know. Sometimes they feel it's their fault, that as parents they are responsible for their children’s’ conditions. And others might agree.”

Their women are treated like cattle, of course they are going to be messed up in the head.

The men are even worse. Probably the majority of Muslim men in ME countries engage in homosexual acts with young Muslim boys. Sexually abused and repressed people are very prone to mental issues, that's why the Islamic world is so fucked up everywhere around the world.

Sounds a lot like radical American fundamentalist terrorists. And white separatist American terrorists.

When a person does something crazy, even violent and crazy - we usually accept that they are mentally ill. Our culture still has a long ways to go in regards to erasing the stigma of mental illness, and recognizing it as something that needs treatment - but it's come a long ways.

But, when that person is Muslim, there seems to be a double stigma attached to it. One: they are Muslim, and any crazy or violent behavior is blamed on their religion. Two: they are crazy, and mental illness still retains a huge stigma in the Muslim Community.

Take for example:

Amina Ali Ahra, who out of the blue grabbed a flag, and started attacking a nearby woman. She'd been reported as hanging around the area but did not live there, chased another woman into her house and when arrested was unable to give police coherent information. This sparked threads, claims of outrage directed at Muslim extremists and Muslims in general and immigrants in general, and in the end it was determined she had mental issues.

Nicholas Salvadore, who went on a bloody rampage, decapitating an elderly woman and two cats. Much was made of it as a religious terrorist attack because he was a Muslim. But, he was also mentally ill, and a paranoid schitzophrenic.

If they were not Muslim, it would quickly have been yesterday's news, no demands for "why isn't this in the news" etc. If they were not Muslim, people would have considered mental illness as a causative factor because the "religion thing" would not have been occupying so much headspace. It's also possible that if they hadn't been Muslim, their families and friends may have recognized signs and sought treatment in childhood before it erupted in to a tragedy.

‘Muslims must fight this taboo’ Islamic leaders want stigma around mental illness to end

Praising the Sunday Express for its Crusade for better mental health Shaykh Ibrahim Mogra, assistant Secretary-General for the Muslim Council of Britain, said feelings of shame, cultural and religious ignorance and a general lack of physical fitness meant that the rate of mental illness within Muslim communities far exceeded the three per cent national average.

In some quarters the situation was so bad that parents have banned schools from referring to their children as having special educational needs in awards ceremonies because of the perceived stigma involved, or feelings of personal guilt.

“Mental Illness still remains a taboo subject in Muslim communities and people are not seeking the help that is available. This is causing unnecessary distress to themselves and loved ones,” he said.

“Many parents try to keep mental illness with children hidden and under the radar. They don't want anyone to know. Sometimes they feel it's their fault, that as parents they are responsible for their children’s’ conditions. And others might agree.”

Their women are treated like cattle, of course they are going to be messed up in the head.

The men are even worse. Probably the majority of Muslim men in ME countries engage in homosexual acts with young Muslim boys. Sexually abused and repressed people are very prone to mental issues, that's why the Islamic world is so fucked up everywhere around the world.

Sounds a lot like radical American fundamentalist terrorists. And white separatist American terrorists.

you may not be familiar with the "literature" of "white separatist American terrorists" I am-----I read it in my childhood and now and then since------it is almost precisely the same as today's
islamo Nazi literature------It became THE SAME after world war II -------mostly written by escaped Nazi war criminals who found refuge in muslim countries----mostly Syria and Egypt. I read that stuff as a teen and heard it again from young doctors in the USA who were educated in Pakistan

Forum List

Back