The Texas Democratic Convention

I have a difficult time understanding how anyone can take this clown show seriously. The fact that a major political party would invite a man portraying a ridiculous caricature of a woman who gets up on stage and pleas for indulging in the mental illness of children and the parents who coerce them is not a serious organization. South Park was doing parodies on stuff like this 20 years ago and now it's real life.

Thank you :auiqs.jpg:great morning laugh. Spit out my tea when I came across this.

usmb texas dems X.png

Great street/political theater! The Texas Dems playing with Woke and OMG - inclusion! LOL I bet this was mostly done to get a rise out of people.

too funny

I understand that, but I'm just looking at net results.

Identifying a problem is one thing, but the way the problem is addressed is another. That's where the overcompensation happens. Right now, since there is no communication or collaboration allowed, every policy implementation is addressed 100% "our" (depending on who's doing it) way. We're going to shove it down your throat with no real input from you, and if you don't it, tough crap.

The GQP is doing it on abortion, as one example. The Dems do it with cultural issues. Well, holy crap, there is going to be pushback. That's what 2016 was, and still is.

So what's the goal with advocacy? Is it really trying to win things at 100%? Seems to me that we've lost the ability to give and take, and not coincidentally, the divisions just keep getting worse.
I'm all for compromise. I really am. And most of the cultural shit is indeed too entrenched. But on the other hand, some stuff is objectively hard to compromise on. See for instance the item "transgender care is child abuse", what room for compromise do you see here?

Democrats aren't suggesting cutting the wieners of 8-year-olds. Their position is simply that if a child shows it's uncomfortable in their gender, they have access to professional care to work through that. Professional care not based on making an already hard situation worse by saying their feelings are "wrong." That's not how it's perceived or framed by the right though.

What room for compromise do you see from the position that teaching Christianity needs to be taught in school?

As I see it, (and feel free to correct me if you feel that's my bias speaking), the right not the left is both winning and leaning into "culture war" wayyyy more than the left. And they do so by playing into conservative fears and straight up lying about the left.

And you seem to be suggesting to simply give up on the problems because they are politically hard to convey when the other side has no problem lying.

I have a difficult time understanding how anyone can take this clown show seriously. The fact that a major political party would invite a man portraying a ridiculous caricature of a woman who gets up on stage and pleas for indulging in the mental illness of children and the parents who coerce them is not a serious organization. South Park was doing parodies on stuff like this 20 years ago and now it's real life.

It is Texass

I don't know how this can possibly be, but it appears the Dems don't understand how many people are annoyed by all this stuff.

They don't have to agree that people SHOULD be annoyed, but for some reason they don't care that people ARE annoyed.
Good. Who gives a shit if bigots are annoyed other than soft ass mother fuckers like you? :dunno:

I'm all for compromise. I really am. And most of the cultural shit is indeed too entrenched. But on the other hand, some stuff is objectively hard to compromise on. See for instance the item "transgender care is child abuse", what room for compromise do you see here?

Democrats aren't suggesting cutting the wieners of 8-year-olds. Their position is simply that if a child shows it's uncomfortable in their gender, they have access to professional care to work through that. Professional care not based on making an already hard situation worse by saying their feelings are "wrong." That's not how it's perceived or framed by the right though.

What room for compromise do you see from the position that teaching Christianity needs to be taught in school?

As I see it, (and feel free to correct me if you feel that's my bias speaking), the right not the left is both winning and leaning into "culture war" wayyyy more than the left. And they do so by playing into conservative fears and straight up lying about the left.

And you seem to be suggesting to simply give up on the problems because they are politically hard to convey when the other side has no problem lying.

All spin you dumb OX. You support drugs and surgeries on 12 yr olds you sick POS.

Informing Children of Religious options (Country founded by Christianity) the Bible etc. Is not a bad thing. You want the Quran or muslim holidays forced on all so sod off.

The rest of your initial list is all common sense as I gave it a quick glance. Post the Ten commandments in every classroom. Let the kids read it daily. Nothing wrong, thou shall not kill etc.

Got no time to appease you sick forkers any further. Youve destroyed the Nation for over 50 years now ramped up to full blown insanity. You should be chained & dragged.

All spin you dumb OX. You support drugs and surgeries on 12 yr olds you sick POS.

Informing Children of Religious options (Country founded by Christianity) the Bible etc. Is not a bad thing. You want the Quran or muslim holidays forced on all so sod off.

The rest of your initial list is all common sense as I gave it a quick glance. Post the Ten commandments in every classroom. Let the kids read it daily. Nothing wrong, thou shall not kill etc.

Got no time to appease you sick forkers any further. Youve destroyed the Nation for over 50 years now ramped up to full blown insanity. You should be chained & dragged.
Thanks for making my point.

1717950413392.jpeg

Like this on even younger kids after the marxist school counselors decide that must be what the kid wants. Parent need not be notified. LibStain dream like out of a Hitler Jewish experimental “hospital”. More drugs early on.

No, of course not. I'm just saying that an all-or-nothing, zero sum approach to everything simply does not work. And we're seeing that right now. If more people don't have real input, real skin in the game, they're not going to support something. And now, they'll fuckin' torpedo it.

Y'know, there is more to communication and collaboration than compromise. It also allows for the opportunity to create something NEW. Like, say, our Constitution. We used to be able to do that. Innovation. It happens in business all the time, with all kinds of disparate perspectives.

I changed my mind on something a year or two ago. I used to think that anyone could be a part of collaboration and innovation. Now, I see that's not true. Those who are either unwilling to, or incapable of, collaboration/innovation need to be marginalized. Let the rest of the country fix things.

Unless it's too late. If it is, it will have been a self-inflicted wound.

No, of course not. I'm just saying that an all-or-nothing, zero sum approach to everything simply does not work. And we're seeing that right now. If more people don't have real input, real skin in the game, they're not going to support something. And now, they'll fuckin' torpedo it.

Y'know, there is more to communication and collaboration than compromise. It also allows for the opportunity to create something NEW. Like, say, our Constitution. We used to be able to do that. Innovation. It happens in business all the time, with all kinds of disparate perspectives.

I changed my mind on something a year or two ago. I used to think that anyone could be a part of collaboration and innovation. Now, I see that's not true. Those who are either unwilling to, or incapable of, collaboration/innovation need to be marginalized. Let the rest of the country fix things.

I don't think a zero-sum approach works on everything. I do think that some things require a zero-sum approach though. I gave 2 examples. And I don't think that you should always simply concede because the other side argues in bad faith. That's not compromise that's giving up. That's why I said it was the same discussion we had before. Just in the context of sentencing.

I think the difference between us is not so much a difference of opinion, as it is a difference of approach. You are more inclined than I am, to give ground in order to reach a consensus. I've become more cynical and less inclined to deal with BS in the hope the other side wants to meet somewhere in the middle.

Better be careful, talking like that, you'll lose your commiecrat card.

Would you like to be the leader, or do you just want to sit around in your underwear bitching about how stupid and uncooperative everybody is?
AOC - imperfect_constitution.png

The absolute truth is that a three-branch government only prevents any one person from ascending to a dictatorship. The inconvenient truth is that neither the separation nor the checks and balances prevent oligarchy or corruption. The problem is not because the system is of altruistic design that it is vulnerable to the nefarious, the problem is that the checks and balances cannot be reliably constructed for a three-branch government. And it is not because they are not following the Constitution. That is a delusion derived from not understanding that is the primary objective of the checks and balances. The system fails to create a contest necessary for practical checks and balances.

The United States Fourth Continental Congress is Commissioned to Identify a Reliable Government Model, and then Deliberate and Validate a Reliable Government Charter System for the succeeding Trials of the American Experiment.

SLCS.US4CC.map.png

Attachments

• SLCS.US4CC.map.pdf
    49.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Forum List

Back