Islamophobia and Ecological Disasters -- How they are related??????

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
Man, if I only knew how easy it was to be an lecturer at MIT if I had the right topic.. I've been working waaay too hard. Don't even know what forum this would go in. I need help figuring out what this idiot savant is spouting..

ghassanslide.jpg

Monday, May 9, 2016 - 5:00pm
The Ecology and Justice Forum In Global Studies And Languages Presents:

Ghassan Hage

Ghassan Hage is Future Generation Professor in the School of Philosophy, Anthropology and Social Inquiry, University of Melbourne

Introduced By Bettina Stoetzer, Global Studies And Languages

Mon. May 9
5:00 pm
2-105

This talk examines the relation between Islamophobia as the dominant form of racism today and the ecological crisis. It looks at the three common ways in which the two phenomena are seen to be linked: as an entanglement of two crises, metaphorically related with one being a source of imagery for the other and both originating in colonial forms of capitalist accumulation. The talk proposes a fourth way of linking the two: an argument that they are both emanating from a similar mode of being, or enmeshment, in the world, what is referred to as ‘generalised domestication.’

. He is currently working on a book titled Is Islamophobia Accelerating Global Warming? and has most recently published a piece in American Ethnologist, titled: "Etat de Siege. A Dying Domesticating Colonialism?" (2016) that engages with the contemporary “refugee crisis” in Europe and beyond.

That was just the invitation to the talk.. Once this turd hit the media -- folks went NUTZ trying to figure out what the hailstorm this guy was on about....

MIT lecture: 'Is Islamophobia Accelerating Global Warming?' | Fox News

The description’s air of uber-academic applesauce has been the topic of much online mockery – and confusion. Mediaite said it couldn’t “make heads or tails of it.” Tablet, meanwhile, turned to deriding the subject matter itself, and satirically proposed examining whether anti-Semitism is responsible for the rapid disappearance of the pygmy hippo. Several commenters on Twitter made sure to note they were not linking to spoof newspaper The Onion. Then there were those who said neither global warming nor Islamophobia were real phenomenons.

The topic was presented by Ghassan Hage, a future generation professor at the University of Melbourne. Hage, who is authoring an upcoming book on the proposed Islamophobia/global warming relationship, has a history of courting controversy and promoting far-left and anti-Israel ideals.

Man, if I only knew how easy it was to be an lecturer at MIT if I had the right topic.. I've been working waaay too hard. Don't even know what forum this would go in. I need help figuring out what this idiot savant is spouting..

ghassanslide.jpg

Ghassan Hage

Ghassan Hage is Future Generation Professor in the School of Philosophy, Anthropology and Social Inquiry, University of Melbourne

Mon. May 9
2-105

This talk examines the relation between Islamophobia as the dominant form of racism today and the ecological crisis. It looks at the three common ways in which the two phenomena are seen to be linked: as an entanglement of two crises, metaphorically related with one being a source of imagery for the other and both originating in colonial forms of capitalist accumulation. The talk proposes a fourth way of linking the two: an argument that they are both emanating from a similar mode of being, or enmeshment, in the world, what is referred to as ‘generalised domestication.’

. He is currently working on a book titled Is Islamophobia Accelerating Global Warming? and has most recently published a piece in American Ethnologist, titled: "Etat de Siege. A Dying Domesticating Colonialism?" (2016) that engages with the contemporary “refugee crisis” in Europe and beyond.

That was just the invitation to the talk.. Once this turd hit the media -- folks went NUTZ trying to figure out what the hailstorm this guy was on about....

The description’s air of uber-academic applesauce has been the topic of much online mockery – and confusion. Mediaite said it couldn’t “make heads or tails of it.” Tablet, meanwhile, turned to deriding the subject matter itself, and satirically proposed examining whether anti-Semitism is responsible for the rapid disappearance of the pygmy hippo. Several commenters on Twitter made sure to note they were not linking to spoof newspaper The Onion. Then there were those who said neither global warming nor Islamophobia were real phenomenons.

The topic was presented by Ghassan Hage, a future generation professor at the University of Melbourne. Hage, who is authoring an upcoming book on the proposed Islamophobia/global warming relationship, has a history of courting controversy and promoting far-left and anti-Israel ideals.

LOL If this wasn't so sad it would be funny

ghassanslide.jpg

Ghassan Hage

Mon. May 9
2-105

LOL If this wasn't so sad it would be funny

This is MIT -- You think THEY understand this goobly goop? Do they have no concept of how silly this sounds outside of the "hallowed halls" ???

ghassanslide.jpg

Ghassan Hage

Mon. May 9
2-105

You do realize the first people to get strung up by their nuts by ISIS when they come to America are queers, followed by those who are unarmed, right?

ghassanslide.jpg

Ghassan Hage

Mon. May 9
2-105

You do realize the first people to get strung up by their nuts by ISIS when they come to America are queers, followed by those who are unarmed, right?

That's probably right -- but do you have any idea how OPPOSING islamic radicals is related to Global Warming?

Thank you for posting this.

The first paragraph alone contains over a dozen elements of the purest horse-shit you will ever find...As horse-shit goes, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a new record...in quantity and quality.

After 7.5 years of the bizarro world of Barack Obama, every Loon thinks he speaks for the majority of the nation...and that he speaks only the Truth.

But, its horse-shit...and this is a sure example. Hopefuly, it is a signal that the Social & Political Pendulum has reached its Leftward Lunatic Apex...and that a swing back to Sanity is at hand.

ghassanslide.jpg

Ghassan Hage

Mon. May 9
2-105

Unfortately when it comes to academia, this whackjob isn't the exception, he's the norm. And sadly, the damage they've done to the mindset of our youth is irreversible.

Thank you for posting this.

The first paragraph alone contains over a dozen elements of the purest horse-shit you will ever find...As horse-shit goes, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a new record...in quantity and quality.

After 7.5 years of the bizarro world of Barack Obama, every Loon thinks he speaks for the majority of the nation...and that he speaks only the Truth.

But, its horse-shit...and this is a sure example. Hopefuly, it is a signal that the Social & Political Pendulum has reached its Leftward Lunatic Apex...and that a swing back to Sanity is at hand.

It's starting to sound a lot like Brave New World. Where the jumbotron messages barely make sense. But just look the name of the ENTIRE MIT conference. It was Social Justice and Ecology. Which of course means that this wizard was actually -- probably -- on topic and understood by the audience.

Social Justice and Ecology is RICH in concepts to redistribute wealth, blame rich folks for despoiling the planet and plans to STERILIZE large portions of the 3rd World.. For their own good -- of course.. AND -- for the sake of the planet..

And the Christians and Kurds they are burning alive, is causing global warming which is causing the ice caps to melt! Perhaps they can have a more Eco-friendly way to get rid of those pesky infidels? Maybe the Obama administration can email them a list of alternative environmentally friendly ways to slaughter infidels using Hillary's private secure email sever.

And the Christians and Kurds they are burning alive, is causing global warming which is causing the ice caps to melt! Perhaps they can have a more Eco-friendly way to get rid of those pesky infidels? Maybe the Obama administration can email them a list of alternative environmentally friendly ways to slaughter infidels using Hillary's private secure email sever.

So your theory doctor is that Islamophobia causes Muslims to become less ecologically conscious about their Jihads and thereby contributes to GWarming?

Brilliant --- I'll have an invitation sent to you to speak at the NEXT MIT "Social Justice and Ecology" lecture series. I'm assuming you'll pay for your own travel correct? AND that said travel will be done in a sustainable fashion or you will offset the carbon use appropriately..

So your theory doctor is that Islamophobia causes Muslims to become less ecologically conscious about their Jihads and thereby contributes to GWarming?

Brilliant --- I'll have an invitation sent to you to speak at the NEXT MIT "Social Justice and Ecology" lecture series. I'm assuming you'll pay for your own travel correct? AND that said travel will be done in a sustainable fashion or you will offset the carbon use appropriately..
That is exactly correct. Make it Stanford please. Its the the new Harvard / MIT, except the weather is much better there, and inland enough to keep us safe from the rising sea levels which will eventually submerge all cities next to the water in about a year. I'll be giving a lecture on the new wave of environmentally friendly jihad suicide startups that is the hottest thing in the Silicon Valley these days.

They're related by sheer, delusional COMEDY! When it comes to Bernie-Sanders-supporter-delusions I say the healthiest thing to do is simply kick back, laugh, and enjoy the show!

Forum List

Back