Isn't it kind of her own fault...?

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Okay, there is nothing I hate more than the rape victim who is first, and immediately told, "Well, if you hadn't worm that dress...", or, "If you hadn't gone to that party...", or "If you hadn't had that last beer..." Let's get that out of the way, right here.

That being said, I came across this this morning:

This supercut of Gretchen Carlson being sexually harassed by her Fox News co-hosts will break your heart

Now, I need my "Libtard" friends to help me out here, because I must be just a horrible person. The entire time I was reading her story, and even watching the video - some of the comments really were offensive - I couldn't help thinking, "But, ya know...she chose to work for the network that pushes the agenda that objectifies women, pushes the anti-choice agenda, and promotes the objectification of women.

Now, I know that there are going to be a bunch of conservatives whjo will insist that FOX does no such thing. To them I say, "Piss off,"

So, here is where I need help. How am I supposed to feel a great deal of sympathy for a woman who was bojectified at work, when she chose to work for the very network that endorses just such attitudes?

Okay, there is nothing I hate more than the rape victim who is first, and immediately told, "Well, if you hadn't worn that dress...", or, "If you hadn't gone to that party...", or "If you hadn't had that last beer..." Let's get that out of the way, right here.

So, I go to a dive bar in a minority neighborhood, flash a lot of money, have six beers, and then wonder why I get robbed going to my car?

There is fantasy and then there is reality. The fantasy is I can go anywhere and be safe because I'm in a free country with police protection. The reality is, if you are not situationally aware, you are a fool.

OP believes it's the woman's fault. Good to know. Remember that if a woman in your family ever gets raped or sexually harassed.

She was asking for it.

You fucking moron.
If that woman went to work for a company that publicly announces, "We hate women. We will degrade women every chance we get. We will tell everyone who will listen that women belong at home, int the kitchen, barefoot, and pregnant," then yeah. When she comes to me, and said, "They didn't respect me!!!", then my response is gonna kinda be, "Well, genius?!?! What did you expect?!?!"

Okay, there is nothing I hate more than the rape victim who is first, and immediately told, "Well, if you hadn't worm that dress...", or, "If you hadn't gone to that party...", or "If you hadn't had that last beer..." Let's get that out of the way, right here.

This supercut of Gretchen Carlson being sexually harassed by her Fox News co-hosts will break your heart

Now, I need my "Libtard" friends to help me out here, because I must be just a horrible person. The entire time I was reading her story, and even watching the video - some of the comments really were offensive - I couldn't help thinking, "But, ya know...she chose to work for the network that pushes the agenda that objectifies women, pushes the anti-choice agenda, and promotes the objectification of women.

Now, I know that there are going to be a bunch of conservatives whjo will insist that FOX does no such thing. To them I say, "Piss off,"

So, here is where I need help. How am I supposed to feel a great deal of sympathy for a woman who was bojectified at work, when she chose to work for the very network that endorses just such attitudes?

....who CHOSE to wear that dress...who CHOSE to go to that party...who CHOSE to work late...

You are EXACTLY the same as every other apologist for rapists, you scumbag. Your mindless partisanship doesn't excuse you.

...or Hillary.

OP believes it's the woman's fault. Good to know. Remember that if a woman in your family ever gets raped or sexually harassed.

She was asking for it.

You fucking moron.
If that woman went to work for a company that publicly announces, "We hate women. We will degrade women every chance we get. We will tell everyone who will listen that women belong at home, int the kitchen, barefoot, and pregnant," then yeah. When she comes to me, and said, "They didn't respect me!!!", then my response is gonna kinda be, "Well, genius?!?! What did you expect?!?!"

That wasn't the case, you brainless partisan hack.

She was asking for it.

You fucking moron.

Please, provide a link to this public announcement. Let us all see this public announcement. Give us all the link.

We'll be waiting...

She was asking for it.

You fucking moron.

Please, provide a link to this public announcement. Let us all see this public announcement. Give us all the link.

We'll be waiting...

...forever

She was asking for it.

You fucking moron.

We'll be waiting...
You can't really be that stupid, can you? The "public announcement" was stamped allover every story FOX produced that degraded , mocked, and disrespected women, pushed the anti-choice agenda, and endorsed politics that belittled women who did not subscribe to the ideals of the 1950's stay-at-home mom. I understand that as your on;y source of "information" - and I use that term loosely - you don't want to believe this is true of FOX, but everyone else in the world already knows it to be true.

So, when this new information comes as a shock to you, you really have no one to blame but yourself.

Now, did they actually say that was their position? No. Guess what? MSNBC has never publicly said that they are liberal, advocate gun restriction, abortion rights, and will push an agenda with their stories that will make things more difficult for Republicans, and conservatives. But, did you ever have so much as a single doubt that all, of these things are true?

Please don't insult our intelligence, by pretending this position of FOX is news to you.

In other words, you CAN'T provide any such proof, you empty-headed big mouth.

It's a work place and he's the boss. What idiot boss would think any of that is remotely acceptable ?

She was asking for it.

You fucking moron.

We'll be waiting...
You can't really be that stupid, can you? The "public announcement" was stamped allover every story FOX produced that degraded , mocked, and disrespected women, pushed the anti-choice agenda, and endorsed politics that belittled women who did not subscribe to the ideals of the 1950's stay-at-home mom. I understand that as your on;y source of "information" - and I use that term loosely - you don't want to believe this is true of FOX, but everyone else in the world already knows it to be true.

So, when this new information comes as a shock to you, you really have no one to blame but yourself.

Now, did they actually say that was their position? No. Guess what? MSNBC has never publicly said that they are liberal, advocate gun restriction, abortion rights, and will push an agenda with their stories that will make things more difficult for Republicans, and conservatives. But, did you ever have so much as a single doubt that all, of these things are true?

Please don't insult our intelligence, by pretending this position of FOX is news to you.

So you're a liar. Got it.

Now everyone else gets it as well.

And you call me stupid... :lmao:

The "public announcement" was stamped allover every story FOX produced that degraded , mocked, and disrespected women, pushed the anti-choice agenda, and endorsed politics that belittled women who did not subscribe to the ideals of the 1950's stay-at-home mom.

A rare sighting. The proverbial 10 pounds of horseshit in a 5 pound bag.

No it's not her fault. No one should have to put up with that garbage at work.

I don't believe that it's right to blame the victims for what some jerk did.

The jerk is at fault. No one else.

The cognitive dissonance that you are experiencing is caused by viewing the situation in terms of a false dilemma: It's either the victim's fault, or it's the actor's fault. Real life has something called shared responsibility. Yes, she shares some of the blame if she knew, or had reason to believe, that the conditions would be such. Yes, she shares some of the blame if she has failed to attempt to have the issue addressed. Yes, she shares some of the blame if she hasn't bothered to look for new work. That doesn't mean that anyone harassing her is justified in the slightest. It doesn't make the behavior any less illegal.

She was asking for it.

You fucking moron.

We'll be waiting...

So you're a liar. Got it.

Now everyone else gets it as well.

And you call me stupid... :lmao:
Yes, I do. You're an idiot. It's fine. Thanks for stopping by.

The cognitive dissonance that you are experiencing is caused by viewing the situation in terms of a false dilemma: It's either the victim's fault, or it's the actor's fault. Real life has something called shared responsibility. Yes, she shares some of the blame if she knew, or had reason to believe, that the conditions would be such. Yes, she shares some of the blame if she has failed to attempt to have the issue addressed. Yes, she shares some of the blame if she hasn't bothered to look for new work. That doesn't mean that anyone harassing her is justified in the slightest. It doesn't make the behavior any less illegal.
Oh. I'm sorry. I never meant to suggest that it's "all her fault", and that FOX is blameless. Only that their behaviour shouldn't have surprised her. It's rather like sticking one's hand in the mouth of an alligator, then being surprised when it gets bitten off. Well, stupid? What did you think was going to happen?

No it's not her fault. No one should have to put up with that garbage at work.

I don't believe that it's right to blame the victims for what some jerk did.

The jerk is at fault. No one else.
Her fault? No. But should she have seen it coming? Well...what do you reasonably expect to happen next, when you stick your hand in the mouth of an alligator?

Forum List

Back