Isn’t it time we brought back the pomp and circumstance and the sense of awe for that office

The president of the United States is the most powerful person in the world. The president is the spokesman for democracy and liberty. Isn’t it time we brought back the pomp and circumstance and the sense of awe for that office that we all held? That means everyone in the administration should look and act professionally, especially the presidential. Impressions matter.”

I seldom, if ever, agree with the individual that allegedly wrote those words, but in this case they are spot on.
I agree. I miss the days of Selling the Lincoln bedroom and sex in the oval office with interns. Those were the days when the office was respected.....

Pft

I suspect it will be a while before that image is changed

Not when Republicans elect a sexually harassing womanizing that makes Bill Clinton look like a choir boy.

You dare say it, you are correct: It is a rationalization.

And I may say: Zero fucks given. :banana:

Don't complain when the next President that you don't vote for is acting like a Fifth Grade bully. The precedent has been set.

Zero fucks given, indeed.

The precedent was set... 8 years ago

I don't recall this level of disrespect from President Obama toward those who hurt his feelings.

This is what I see from the current president.

You are willfully blind.

How DARE he! :biggrin:

It wuz GUD when Obama did it, but BAD if Trump does... :eusa_whistle:

Don't complain when the next President that you don't vote for is acting like a Fifth Grade bully. The precedent has been set.

That's exactly what Obama did. Used the weight of the Fed government to ram through faggotry and Obamacare, despite what the states wanted.

The difference between Obama and Trump is that unlike Obama, whose promise was "the most transparent government", and then went directly against that; Trump promised good things for the people that are doable, and is working to make good on the promises.

Actually, healthcare was passed after negotiations and compromise from both parties. No bullying.

Now we have a President who calls names for no other reason but to soothe his own hurt feelings.

Utter fucking bullshit. Obama's fascist care was passed in the dead of the night with zero input and zero votes from the Republicans.

Yes, yes, I forgot. It was the blue dogs that were the stubborn ones.

There was "zero input" from the Repubs because their stated goal was to not cooperate with anything the President wanted. Remember, obstruction at all turns?

Except there wasn't zero input.

Republicans had several opportunities to introduce amendments to the Affordable Care Act, in both the Senate and House bills. Ultimately, for procedural reasons tied to the death of Sen. Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., the Senate version was the only one that moved forward. But Republicans offered changes in the committees that considered the bills before the whole chambers voted on them.

For example, 788 amendments were submitted during the ACA’s markup in the Senate Committee for Health, Education, Labor and Pensions committee (HELP). Three quarters of them were filed by the committee’s Republican members, according to John McDonough in his book Inside National Health Reform. Of those, 161 were adopted in whole or revised form.[...]

The Senate Finance Committee took up another version of the bill. Senators initially offered 564 amendments. During that markup, about six Republican amendments were adopted via roll call vote, and others were adopted by unanimous consent, without objection, and via voice vote, according to coverage by Congressional Quarterly. Parts of this bill merged with the bill the HELP committee marked up to become the final law.[...]

It’s worth noting that many facets of the Republican’s health care agenda at the time made it into the Affordable Care Act. The Affordable Care Act was a private market plan, and it dropped a long-held Democratic priority to include a public option.

Gutierrez says hundreds of Republican amendments in ACA

They were so minor and you know it, if they were huge you would of had Republicans voting for the bill.

I don't recall this level of disrespect from President Obama toward those who hurt his feelings.

You are willfully blind.

He said Republicans can come along, but take a back seat. It's time for the middle class to be front and center.

I didn't hear him making fun of someone's looks, or weight, or calling them a loser, or
pathetic, etc......

I didn't realize you were so sensitive.

Absolutely, when a new structure is needed.

Dumb.

And dare I say it? A rationalization.

This is like those people who throw around the Jefferson quote about watering the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants. But everyone backs away when a Congressperson actually gets shot.

That's because we didn't attack his feelings. Instead he treated his political foes with contempt and bullied them around to protect his agenda.

The president of the United States is the most powerful person in the world. The president is the spokesman for democracy and liberty. Isn’t it time we brought back the pomp and circumstance and the sense of awe for that office that we all held? That means everyone in the administration should look and act professionally, especially the presidential. Impressions matter.”

I seldom, if ever, agree with the individual that allegedly wrote those words, but in this case they are spot on.
I agree. I miss the days of Selling the Lincoln bedroom and sex in the oval office with interns. Those were the days when the office was respected.....

Pft

Not when Republicans elect a sexually harassing womanizing that makes Bill Clinton look like a choir boy.

So where is this evidence that Trump is doing it office and cheating on the first lady.?

Where is the huffpo and Washington compost evidence?

Dumb.

And dare I say it? A rationalization.

This is like those people who throw around the Jefferson quote about watering the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants. But everyone backs away when a Congressperson actually gets shot.

That's because we didn't attack his feelings. Instead he treated his political foes with contempt and bullied them around to protect his agenda.

The fuck you say!

I guess I forgot about the unprecedented level of respect Obama's foes showed him!

:rolleyes:

joe_wilson_you_lie.jpg

Pft

I agree trump is unlikely to change that. But I disagree that he makes Clinton look like a choir boy. Clinton still has done worse.

You are willfully blind.

He said Republicans can come along, but take a back seat. It's time for the middle class to be front and center.

I didn't hear him making fun of someone's looks, or weight, or calling them a loser, or
pathetic, etc......

Me? I'm not the one crying about Trump giving back a small dose of what the fascist fling at him every day.

You are willfully blind.

pathetic, etc......

Me? I'm not the one crying about Trump giving back a small dose of what the fascist fling at him every day.

No, you're making false equivalencies.

That's exactly what Obama did. Used the weight of the Fed government to ram through faggotry and Obamacare, despite what the states wanted.

The difference between Obama and Trump is that unlike Obama, whose promise was "the most transparent government", and then went directly against that; Trump promised good things for the people that are doable, and is working to make good on the promises.

Actually, healthcare was passed after negotiations and compromise from both parties. No bullying.

Now we have a President who calls names for no other reason but to soothe his own hurt feelings.

Utter fucking bullshit. Obama's fascist care was passed in the dead of the night with zero input and zero votes from the Republicans.

Yes, yes, I forgot. It was the blue dogs that were the stubborn ones.

There was "zero input" from the Repubs because their stated goal was to not cooperate with anything the President wanted. Remember, obstruction at all turns?

Except there wasn't zero input.

Republicans had several opportunities to introduce amendments to the Affordable Care Act, in both the Senate and House bills. Ultimately, for procedural reasons tied to the death of Sen. Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., the Senate version was the only one that moved forward. But Republicans offered changes in the committees that considered the bills before the whole chambers voted on them.

For example, 788 amendments were submitted during the ACA’s markup in the Senate Committee for Health, Education, Labor and Pensions committee (HELP). Three quarters of them were filed by the committee’s Republican members, according to John McDonough in his book Inside National Health Reform. Of those, 161 were adopted in whole or revised form.[...]

The Senate Finance Committee took up another version of the bill. Senators initially offered 564 amendments. During that markup, about six Republican amendments were adopted via roll call vote, and others were adopted by unanimous consent, without objection, and via voice vote, according to coverage by Congressional Quarterly. Parts of this bill merged with the bill the HELP committee marked up to become the final law.[...]

It’s worth noting that many facets of the Republican’s health care agenda at the time made it into the Affordable Care Act. The Affordable Care Act was a private market plan, and it dropped a long-held Democratic priority to include a public option.

Gutierrez says hundreds of Republican amendments in ACA

They were so minor and you know it, if they were huge you would of had Republicans voting for the bill.

They weren't minor and it didn't matter what Democrats did, no Republican was going to vote for it. They'd had a meeting.

The Party of No: New Details on the GOP Plot to Obstruct Obama | TIME.com

The fuck you say!

I guess I forgot about the unprecedented level of respect Obama's foes showed him!

joe_wilson_you_lie.jpg

I guess he just couldn't contain himself. :coffee:

By the way, that's one man vs tons of ignorant hordes and almost the entire media.

You are willfully blind.

pathetic, etc......

And it was a huge lie from Obama saying he cared about the middle class.

The fuck you say!

joe_wilson_you_lie.jpg

And yet he damned sure should have.

The fuck you say!

joe_wilson_you_lie.jpg

Calling him out for lies when he lies is disrespect now ?

The fuck you say!

joe_wilson_you_lie.jpg

Calling him out for lies when he lies is disrespect now ?

Interrupting a Presidential address to Congress is high-level disrespect.

The fuck you say!

joe_wilson_you_lie.jpg

Please post the video for more relevancy. Well, these protesting leftists that are rioting, assaulting people, and destroying property should damned sure contain themselves as well.

However, they don't have the self-control to do so. That's why there's been well over 1k of them arrested.

The fuck you say!

joe_wilson_you_lie.jpg

Please post the video for more relevancy. Well, these protesting leftists that are rioting, assaulting people, and destroying property should damned sure contain themselves as well.

However, they don't have the self-control to do so. That's why there's been well over 1k of them arrested.

As they should be.

You're better than this. Are you suggesting that, what, like 8 years ago, Joe Wilson was taking his behavioral cues from leftist rioters?????????

Yeah, that'd be great, unfortunately, that's not what's needed right now.

What's needed right now is a bull in a china shop. ;)

Pretty sure that's exactly the case right now as well. :badgrin:

What has a bull in a china shop EVER accomplished?

In this case, if we go with the 'bull in the china shop' metaphor, we are getting rid of a lot of unnecessary and ugly bric a brac that should have been discarded long ago and making room for a brighter future.

Those of us who elected Trump didn't elect him for his dignified manner, and ability to play the part of the 'perfect politician'. We've had those types for far too long and all it has netted us is crushing debt, regulation, and taxes along with impossible mandates, inefficiency, ineffectiveness, and a sluggish economy that has hurt many millions of Americans.

We didn't want another member of the professional politicians permanent political class. We want somebody who wasn't afraid to do things differently, who wasn't tied to the status quo, who didn't adhere to the principle of 'we've always done it that way.'

If Project Veritas was honest press, you'd have a point.

Every video they produce is heavily editorialized and edited, with one agenda- to gather evidence that supports their thesis, and disregard the rest.

The dishonest press is CNN, as Veritas proved. You just don't like that they exposed the party of Fuhrer Soros.
Just CNN? Doubtful. Yes, there's definitely bias, but "Project Veritas" is equally biased. They only attack those politically opposed to the far RW agenda. Where is their expose' on Fox? Russian Television? Breitbart? Infowars?

About | Project Veritas
Founded by James O’Keefe, the mission of Project Veritas is to:

Investigate and expose corruption, dishonesty, self-dealing, waste, fraud, and other misconduct in both public and private institutions in order to achieve a more ethical and transparent society.

Project Veritas is the most effective non-profit on the national scene, period.

We’ve had dozens of successes, many of which are detailed on this site. The pattern is clear:

Project Veritas launches an investigation with the placement of our undercover journalists. The rollout of our findings creates a growing and uncontainable firestorm of press coverage. Corruption is exposed, leaders resign, and organizations are shut down.

We get immediate, measurable and impactful results, and our return on investment is unparalleled.

Project Veritas is a registered 501(c)3 organization. Project Veritas does not advocate specific resolutions to the issues that are raised through its investigations, nor do we encourage others to do so. Our goal is to inform the public of wrongdoing and allow the public to make judgments on the issues.

A noble goal that is belied by the fact that O'Keefe only targets those he opposes, not all "corruption, dishonesty, self-dealing, waste, fraud, and other misconduct in both public and private institutions". Note his top stories and other "investigations": Project Veritas | Investigating and exposing corruption in both public and private institutions.

While I don't like the idea of billionaires like Soros manipulating the American public, I also don't like RW billionaires like the Koch brothers doing the same thing. Does anyone know where O'Keefe gets most of his funding? That can't be cheap.

Forum List

Back