Isn't this racist? DHS to begin launching deportation raids beginning in January

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
As the title says, the DHS will begin launching large scale deportation raids of hundreds of families who have supposedly fled the violence in Central America since last year. I can imagine quite a few people here will be upset by this development. This sounds like something Trump would do, right?

WASHINGTON, Dec 23 (Reuters) - The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has begun preparing for a series of raids that would target for deportation hundreds of families who have flocked to the United States since the start of last year, The Washington Post reported on Wednesday.

Citing people familiar with the operation, the Post said the nationwide campaign to deport the illegal immigrants by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement could start as soon as early January.

It would be the first large-scale effort to deport families who have fled violence in Central America, the newspaper said.

More than 100,000 families with both adults and children have made the journey across the southwest border since last year, the Post reported.

The operation would target only adults and children who have already been ordered removed from the United States by an immigration judge, the newspaper said.

The Post said the operation has not been given final approval by DHS. The number of people targeted is expected to be in the hundreds and possibly greater, the newspaper said.

DHS did not immediately respond to a request from Reuters for comment.

Immigration Officials To Launch Large-Scale Deportation Raids

Coming to the end of 2015 and we STILL don't understand what the word "racism" means?

What is the Central American "race" anyway?

Last edited:
As the title says, the DHS will begin launching large scale deportation raids of hundreds of families who have supposedly fled the violence in Central America since last year. I can imagine quite a few people here will be upset by this development. This sounds like something Trump would do, right?

WASHINGTON, Dec 23 (Reuters) - The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has begun preparing for a series of raids that would target for deportation hundreds of families who have flocked to the United States since the start of last year, The Washington Post reported on Wednesday.

Citing people familiar with the operation, the Post said the nationwide campaign to deport the illegal immigrants by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement could start as soon as early January.

It would be the first large-scale effort to deport families who have fled violence in Central America, the newspaper said.

More than 100,000 families with both adults and children have made the journey across the southwest border since last year, the Post reported.

The operation would target only adults and children who have already been ordered removed from the United States by an immigration judge, the newspaper said.

The Post said the operation has not been given final approval by DHS. The number of people targeted is expected to be in the hundreds and possibly greater, the newspaper said.

But Democrats will go after the real criminals. The corporations who hire them. We use to do these and bush stopped. The gop liked the innflux of cheap labor. It kept wages down.

But Democrats will go after the real criminals. The corporations who hire them. We use to do these and bush stopped. The gop liked the innflux of cheap labor. It kept wages down.

"Democrats will go after the real criminals"

200.gif

Is that the best you can do? You sound like you're in denial, sealy.

200.gif

They wouldn't come here unless American businessman we're hiring them

It's only racist and bigoted if a republican was doing it.

200.gif

They wouldn't come here unless American businessman we're hiring them

What are you talking about? The reason American corporations hire Hispanic labor is because a lot of Americans can't be compelled to take the jobs themselves. If you want Americans in American jobs, dispense with the government welfare shtick and preach the value of a good work ethic.

Coming to the end of 2015 and we STILL don't understand what the word "racism" means?
Coming from a liberal, that is a pretty amazing question......

I simply read the OP title.

You find the concept of reading "amazing" do you?

I find the whole concept of liberals dancing around this "amazing." The word "racist", Pogo is used by many people, many liberals, to describe people like Trump or Cruz who want mass deportations. But as soon as a DHS under Obama decides to do it instead, liberals choose not to address it.

Funny how it no longer is "racist" now isn't it?

It's pretty hilarious to watch you guys try to figure out how to blame Obama for doing exactly what you guys have been accusing him of not doing and complaining about for years.

It's pretty hilarious to watch you guys try to figure out how to blame Obama for doing exactly what you guys have been accusing him of not doing and complaining about for years.

Actually what's hilarious is regressives calling republicans every name in the book for even suggesting such a thing. I will applaud the DHS, if they actually follow through.

It's because he's been trying to grant amnesty for them, for illegal immigrants, for years. Imagine our surprise when he pulls a complete 180 and decides to do the very thing he's been preaching against for years.

Obama actions shield most illegal immigrants from deportation even as court stalls amnesty

It's because he's been trying to grant amnesty for them, for illegal immigrants, for years. Imagine our surprise when he pulls a complete 180 and decides to do the very thing he's been preaching against for years.

Obama actions shield most illegal immigrants from deportation even as court stalls amnesty

Obama has never even suggested giving "amnesty" to all illegal immigrants, that's a fiction of the right wing noise machine.

Deportations having been going on consistently since Obama has been in office. There is nothing extrordinary about the fact that they're still going on.

Obama has never even suggested giving "amnesty" to all illegal immigrants, that's a fiction of the right wing noise machine.

I didn't say "all" I very well know the number is closer 2 million.

Deportations having been going on consistently since Obama has been in office. There is nothing extraordinary about the fact that they're still going on.

Aren't we moving the goalposts here, Doc?

I didn't say "all" I very well know the number is closer 2 million.

Neither DACA or the Dream act are "amnesty".

Deportations having been going on consistently since Obama has been in office. There is nothing extraordinary about the fact that they're still going on.

Aren't we moving the goalposts here, Doc?[/QUOTE]

Um, no - your OP is based on the premise that Obama deporting illegal immigrants is somehow out of the ordinary, unexpected, or hypocritical. The fact that in reality it's just more of what he's been doing all along is the argument that I've been making this whole time.

Um, no - your OP is based on the premise that Obama deporting illegal immigrants is somehow out of the ordinary, unexpected, or hypocritical.

It is. How do you go from "I've deported more illegals than Bush!" to "I'm issuing an executive order offering reprieve for illegals who've been in America for more than 5 years" to "Hey, let's launch some mass deportation raids a la Trump!?"

He reminds me of a certain "Zig Zag" Zell Miller who couldn't keep his positions straight.

The fact that in reality it's just more of what he's been doing all along is the argument that I've been making this whole time.

Rrrright.

In reality he is conflicted. He wants to grant amnesty, yet he wants to forcefully deport people. He wants it both ways, and it shows his hypocrisy.

I have referred to neither. I'm referring to Obama's executive order granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants.

Protection from deportation is amnesty. Protection from a legally actionable offense is amnesty.

anyone believe any of this? I saw this headlined on three different DNC rags. abc, nbc, etc. the timing is close to elections. they need to fool everyone into thinking they are TOUGH on immigrations. pfeeesh

I don't believe anything from this administration. they get caught telling bold faced lies more than once: shame on us .

Um, no - your OP is based on the premise that Obama deporting illegal immigrants is somehow out of the ordinary, unexpected, or hypocritical.

It is. How do you go from "I've deported more illegals than Bush!" to "I'm issuing an executive order offering reprieve for illegals who've been in America for more than 5 years" to "Hey, let's launch some mass deportation raids a la Trump!?"

He reminds me of a certain "Zig Zag" Zell Miller who couldn't keep his positions straight.

Obama hasn't said any of those things, and there's nothing Trump-like about what's going on. The people who are being targeted in these raids are people who have been deported by the courts - not "dreamers" or their parents.

The fact that in reality it's just more of what he's been doing all along is the argument that I've been making this whole time.

Rrrright.

In reality he is conflicted. He wants to grant amnesty, yet he wants to forcefully deport people. He wants it both ways, and it shows his hypocrisy.

What else does your crystal ball tell you about what Obama's secret "wants" are?

I have referred to neither. I'm referring to Obama's executive order granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants.

Protection from deportation is amnesty. Protection from a legally actionable offense is amnesty.

No, deferral of deportation is not "amnesty". Words have meanings.

If you believe dhs is deporting anyone or raiding anyone that isnt an old white man with a bible, I have a bridge to sell you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back